Vaporesso Luxe with Skrr kit

Vaporesso, SkrrTank, Luxe mod, Omni Board 4, Insta Fire
Status
Not open for further replies.

ExtremeDooty

ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2017
Michigan
I guess I'll get some of my questions answered pretty soon. I just ordered one from Eightvape. The next important thing to find is replacement coils.

I was right about the SK coils. If you go to atomizers on the Vaporesso website and select the Skrr, there's a short video that shows the SK coils as one of the coils options. I'm guessing it's been discontinued as redundant since they already have the GT Ccell and the SK doesn't have the bullet-shaped air deflector anyway.

Last edited:

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
The Skrr tank is the worst Sub Ohm tank of 2018, period. Tried 3 different juices each with a new coil and the flavor was barely there.
Which coil(s) did you try? I ask because I like the 8ml capacity of the Skrr and wonder if you use an NRG Mesh coil in the Skrr would the flavor equal that of the NRG tank? Do you think it is the design of the QF coil with the bullet and airflow that is hampering the flavor delivery?

Reactions: VapourFlavour

VapourFlavour

Moved On
Oct 16, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Which coil(s) did you try? I ask because I like the 8ml capacity of the Skrr and wonder if you use an NRG Mesh coil in the Skrr would the flavor equal that of the NRG tank? Do you think it is the design of the QF coil with the bullet and airflow that is hampering the flavor delivery?
I used the mesh. It seemed to me like the air wasn't doing what it wasn't intended to do and was instead missing the coil and cotton. I had an nrg tank as my first vape and the flavor was better using the ccell coils

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
I'm more confused than ever. The Skrr, Cascade Baby, NRG, and the Cascade (with an adapter) can all use the GT cores. But the QF coils can only be used in the Skrr and NRG. Is this because of the liquid separation chamber taking up part of the height of the liquid reservoir in the Cascade Baby?

The QF coils and GT core share the same threads but the QF has a wider base. If you look at a NRG or Cascade Baby tank, the GT coil is recessed into the base of the tank. The QF will not fit into this recess. You can see the difference between the base of the coils in the below pic.

I have taken promo shots of both the QF and GT coils, scaled them in a photo editor and measured them. I cannot see how the QF can fit into an NRG or Cascade Baby tank but Vaporesso_Chelsea has confirmed the QF coil can fit an NRG. It is possible the pictures I used where not exactly to scale. The Cascade Baby has a wider recessed base than the NRG – at least my tanks does so bit confused by Vaporesso_Chelsea’s comments. But I trust Vaporesso_Chelsea...she would know better than me. The Cascade tank (non baby), uses an GT adaptor – the QF coil will not fit this adaptor

Hello from the UK
.png

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
I used the mesh. It seemed to me like the air wasn't doing what it wasn't intended to do and was instead missing the coil and cotton. I had an nrg tank as my first vape and the flavor was better using the ccell coils
Which mesh did you use in the Skrr QF Mesh or NRG Mesh?

Reactions: VapourFlavour

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
We have already updated the coils after listening to different feedback from reviewers. And the QF coils can only be used in NRG tanks

This is good news because the GT coils are some of the best on the market imo.

ExtremeDooty

ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2017
Michigan
We have already updated the coils after listening to different feedback from reviewers. And the QF coils can only be used in NRG tanks

I forgot that @Vaporesso_Chelsea said that the QF coils had already been updated following less than stellar reviews about the flavor. That's one of the things I like about Vaporesso; they listen to their customers and try to improve their products as needed. I wonder if @VapourFlavour and other negative reviewers got the pre-updated coils that didn't work as well. I got decent flavor from the QF strip coil even if it wasn't overly impressive. But I really like the QF mesh coil. I'm getting really good flavor and dense clouds. I've been using Ccells in all my tanks so I can use TC. But now I'm rethinking about getting some GTM coils for my NRG and Armour Pro.

My questions for Chelsea are: When will replacement coils be shipped out? And what happened to the SK coils.

VapourFlavour

Moved On
Oct 16, 2018
Ontario, Canada
I forgot that @Vaporesso_Chelsea said that the QF coils had already been updated following less than stellar reviews about the flavor. That's one of the things I like about Vaporesso; they listen to their customers and try to improve their products as needed. I wonder if @VapourFlavour and other negative reviewers got the pre-updated coils that didn't work as well. I got decent flavor from the QF strip coil even if it wasn't overly impressive. But I really like the QF mesh coil. I'm getting really good flavor and dense clouds. I've been using Ccells in all my tanks so I can use TC. But now I'm rethinking about getting some GTM coils for my NRG and Armour Pro.

My questions for Chelsea are: When will replacement coils be shipped out? And what happened to the SK coils.
I can't say for sure if the coils I tried were the updated version or not. I only know that I was very disappointed, hopefully the updated version will be a success. The Armour Pro is a good mod from everything I've heard, I'm glad your enjoying the QF mesh, maybe you received the newer version.

• Agree
Reactions: ExtremeDooty

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska

The GTM coils fit the Cascade, right?

GT Core aka GT coils fit the NRG and the Cascade but only fit the Cascade when using the GTM/GT adapter.

GTM way too big for the NRG. Unless I'm missing something here.

I use both tanks and when using the Cascade I use GT Mesh in the adapter to make it fit the Cascade. The Cascade uses EUC Style GTM Plug-n-Pull coil. The GTM coils are not threaded they simply push in where GT Core coils are threaded and screw in.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
@sdennislee – I think we are just getting names mixed up. I know I get confused! But you are correct…a GTM coil will not fit an NRG or Cascade Baby/Mini tank.

@ExtremeDooty – I’d rethink using the cCell in TC. The coil maybe SS but it is the ceramic element that is in contact with the wick and juice – therefore it is the ceramic that is influenced by how saturated your wick is, not the coil. The coil only heats the ceramic which will have different temperature properties than Stainless Steel.

ExtremeDooty

ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2017
Michigan
@sdennislee You are correct on all counts. Just for future reference, I'm either an insomniac or a closet Vampire and I stayed up all night prior to writing that post and I usually lay down for a nap between 3 and 4PM. Thanks to some back and neck problems I get really good pain medications. So I get confused easily at times. I was looking at my Armour Pro earlier today and thinking "there's no way I'm going to get one of those bigass GTM coils in that little Cascade Baby tank." Then, I realized the GTM coils go in my full-size Cascade. I'm sure I would have figured it out if I had tried to shove one of those big GTM coils in my Cascade Baby.

@Punk In Drublic I hear what you're saying about the Ccells, many people agree with you. But I like using the Ccells and I think I get away with it because I am a "Watt Weenie" so I normally don't exceed 40W or 200 C in TC mode. I don't push the limits of the coil. With my Vaporesso tanks, the only option for TC is the Ccells. They're also pretty cheap and that's a plus. I like them and they work for me so I'm just not that concerned about the science of it all.

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
The QF coils and GT core share the same threads but the QF has a wider base. If you look at a NRG or Cascade Baby tank, the GT coil is recessed into the base of the tank. The QF will not fit into this recess. You can see the difference between the base of the coils in the below pic.

I have taken promo shots of both the QF and GT coils, scaled them in a photo editor and measured them. I cannot see how the QF can fit into an NRG or Cascade Baby tank but Vaporesso_Chelsea has confirmed the QF coil can fit an NRG. It is possible the pictures I used where not exactly to scale. The Cascade Baby has a wider recessed base than the NRG – at least my tanks does so bit confused by Vaporesso_Chelsea’s comments. But I trust Vaporesso_Chelsea...she would know better than me. The Cascade tank (non baby), uses an GT adaptor – the QF coil will not fit this adaptor

Hello from the UK
View attachment 775097
Correct for sure. NRG GT Core coils fit the Skrr but the QF coils will not fit the NRG for the reasons you stated. Base of the QF coil is too big to allow the QF coil to be inserted deep enough to allow the threads of the QF coil to engage the threads on the NRG base. I also tried to put the Skrr coil in to the Cascade GT adapter, no joy.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Correct for sure. NRG GT Core coils fit the Skrr but the QF coils will not fit the NRG for the reasons you stated. Base of the QF coil is too big to allow the QF coil to be inserted deep enough to allow the threads of the QF coil to engage the threads on the NRG base. I also tried to put the Skrr coil in to the Cascade GT adapter, no joy.

Thanks for the follow up and confirmation. Didn’t think the QF coils would fit the older GT Coil type tanks – and my measurements within a photo editor somewhat confirmed this. But was open to the fact I could have scaled it incorrectly.

What ya think of the new Skrr tank? Did you get the Luxe kit or just the tank?

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
Thanks for the follow up and confirmation. Didn’t think the QF coils would fit the older GT Coil type tanks – and my measurements within a photo editor somewhat confirmed this. But was open to the fact I could have scaled it incorrectly.

What ya think of the new Skrr tank? Did you get the Luxe kit or just the tank?
Check out my last two posts in this thread. Vaporesso Skrr Sub-Ohm Tank (A brand new way of leak protection!)

Really liking (struggle saying love it with an inanimate object) the Luxe. The Skrr is not hateful with the QF Meshed. Details in the link above. Can't wait to try it with a GT Mesh coil.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread