Status
Not open for further replies.

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
@Vaporesso_Chelsea or anyone else who has figured out these 2 settings.
Can you add any clarity to these 2 sections in the luxe User Manual:

9)SMART ON/OFF(in SET MENU):It is a advanced Variable Wattage mode, when this function is enable, it can change intensity according to the coils resistance levels within a safe limit in VW-H/N/S mode.

I assume number 9) above is the same as the Revenger X where if Smart is turned on it automatically sets the wattage to what the mod believes is correct for the resistance of the coil, is this correct?
BTW I tried it with the Revenger X and it always set wattage too high for me.

10) AUTO ON/OFF(in SET MENU): The Auto function taking away any operation difficulties switching between VW-H and VW-N or between VT-H and VT-N.

I'm at a total loss here on 10), what are the operational difficulties that would be associated with changing from VW-High to VW-Normal? I currently have it set to Off. I manually selected VW-Normal, no difficulty encountered, I must be awesome.:)

Neither pose an issue for me, in fact I am truly enjoying the Luxe. Skrr tank with QF is just ok. I have the GT Mesh in now and have high hopes for a great 8ml vape.

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
I've turned Smart and Auto off and on several times and haven't noticed anything changing. I just assumed the Mod is smarter than I am. (It happens). I also was able to select VW-N manually. Apparently, I'm awesome as well.
I'm currently vaping a GT Ccell. It's working really well.
Agreed

Vaporesso_Milo

Brand Manager
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2016
Correct for sure. NRG GT Core coils fit the Skrr but the QF coils will not fit the NRG for the reasons you stated. Base of the QF coil is too big to allow the QF coil to be inserted deep enough to allow the threads of the QF coil to engage the threads on the NRG base. I also tried to put the Skrr coil in to the Cascade GT adapter, no joy.
Our engineers confirm that the QF coils are designed to fit in NRG tank, but only NRG ones, not the NRG SE. And also it cant be used in Cascade Tank even with adapter.

Vaporesso_Milo

Brand Manager
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2016
Can you add any clarity to these 2 sections in the Luxe User Manual:

9)SMART ON/OFF(in SET MENU):It is a advanced Variable Wattage mode, when this function is enable, it can change intensity according to the coils resistance levels within a safe limit in VW-H/N/S mode.

I assume number 9) above is the same as the Revenger X where if Smart is turned on it automatically sets the wattage to what the mod believes is correct for the resistance of the coil, is this correct?

10) AUTO ON/OFF(in SET MENU): The Auto function taking away any operation difficulties switching between VW-H and VW-N or between VT-H and VT-N.

I'm at a total loss here on 10), what are the operational difficulties that would be associated with changing from VW-High to VW-Normal? I currently have it set to Off. I manually selected VW-Normal, no difficulty encountered, I must be awesome.:)

Neither pose an issue for me, in fact I am truly enjoying the Luxe. Skrr tank with QF is just ok. I have the GT Mesh in now and have high hopes for a great 8ml vape.
The Smart mode is as what you said. The Auto mode can help to adjust between the VW-H/N/S mode automatically. VW-H in the beginning to ensure the hit and then VW-N to VW-S ensuring the stable vaping experience

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
Our engineers confirm that the QF coils are designed to fit in NRG tank, but only NRG ones, not the NRG SE. And also it cant be used in Cascade Tank even with adapter.
You need to ask your engineers to try and install a QF coil in the NRG tank, they will find that the QF coil's base is too large to fit the the NRG tank.

Vaporesso_Milo

Brand Manager
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2016
@Vaporesso_Chelsea Do you have a source/supplier for the threaded drip tips for the Skrr? Dropped one of mine in the garage tonight and chipped the drip tip.
Sorry for your inconvenience. Currently we still don't have the threaded drip tip for sell separately. We will suggest you buy a common 810 drip tip which will fit as well

Vaporesso_Milo

Brand Manager
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2016
Thanks so much for your feedback, we will forward to our engineers to test and get back to u asap!
So sorry for all of your confusion. We confirmed with our engineers that they updated the QF coils regarding of the feedback of flavor. Now the QF coils are bigger than it used to be. So it cant be used in the NRG tank anymore. It's my fault.

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
So sorry for all of your confusion. We confirmed with our engineers that they updated the QF coils regarding of the feedback of flavor. Now the QF coils are bigger than it used to be. So it cant be used in the NRG tank anymore. It's my fault.
@Vaporesso_Chelsea

It's ok, the GT Mesh coil gives so much more flavor than the QF coil the QF coil is not really needed and the GT Mesh fits the NRG, Skrr, Cascade, etc...

I use the GT Mesh in all my Skrrs and NRGs, great flavor.

You made a nice tank in the Skrr, 8ml capacity is much appreciated. The Skrr really makes me think of the NRG on steroids.

Now you need to figure out why the QF coil flavor is so weak. If you take the gold bullet out of the coil the flavor improves but then the airflow through the coil is excessive.

Maybe repackage the Skrr with one QF coil and one GT Mesh coil.

I even like the screw in drip tip, not for the child proof rationale originally advertised but it keeps the tank from popping open in my pocket if I carry it in a pants pocket. Initially, I replaced the drip tip with a standard 810 drip tip but went back to the screw in OEM drip tip.

With the GT Mesh the Skrr competes with the Freemax Mesh Pro single coil. Freemax's double and triple coil are a step ahead of the GT Mesh. Vaporesso needs to build a GT Mesh double and triple coil to stay on par with Freemax.

Last edited:
Reactions: ExtremeDooty

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Hello,

i bought the Red Version of the Luxe Kit. The SKRR Tank comes with a normal black (not red/black) Drip Tip and without childlock, is this normal ? I have check the security code from the Kit on the Vaporesso Homepage, everything´s fine.

If the authenticity checks out I would not stress over it, unless the child lock was something you were looking for.

Vaporesso has made production changes in the past to try and improve it products. If I remember correctly The NRG tank had 3 changes to it’s drip tips

Vaporesso_Milo

Brand Manager
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2016
Vaporesso_Chelsea, will battery doors and the threaded drip tips be available to buy separately in the future?

The reason why I ask is that I have scratches on my battery door.

And with the drip tips, could all variants be made available? Even the Derlin version?

Thank you.
Sorry currently we don't have the battery doors and drip tips for sell separately. Kindly consult the local vape shop if they have any backups

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
Can you add any clarity to these 2 sections in the Luxe User Manual:

Hitting your coil "Hard" or on "High" mode can shorten the life of your coil with the way some boards function. When that's the case you might have a better outcome if you go into the "boost"/"ramp" mode manually and set the ramp up exactly the way you want it. I usually find "Normal" acceptable in most cases. Sometimes when I want a faster ramp up I'll switch to VV if possible. And even then, if your board doesn't function in VV the way a true variable voltage mod does then it's a waste of time. Lol, can you tell I've had my issues with various boards?

DrJ3Kyll84

Feb 21, 2019
Germany
I had written to the Vaporesso Support and they answer this because of the Drip Tip ...

" Firstly, i would like to tell you that we have changed the drip tip design, because most of our customer
leave comments to us and hope we can change the drip tip design, it was to complicated to fill e-juice.
Sorry for the inconvenience caused!"

Other Question ... is the Firmware Ver1.03_20180927 the newest for the Luxe ? This Firmware is that what is offered for download on the Vaporesso Homepage. But I think i give a newer version, or not ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread