hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Hello again. I know you’ve been seeing a lot of me lately but that’s because I received several review samples very close together. Today I will be taking a look at the vaporesso luxe XR. Now that might sound familiar since I had recently reviewed the vaporesso LUXE X but this one although similar is different and deserves to be taken a look at. In case you missed it, here is the review I did on the LUXE X. VAPORESSO LUXE X KIT review by hittman | E-Cigarette Forum (e-cigarette-forum.com)

The appearance of the Luxe XR is very similar to the Luxe X and the pods are interchangeable. As a matter of fact, I was sent the newer .6 ohm sealed pod along with the Luxe XR sample that I received. When I tested the Luxe X I was very fond of the .4 ohm sealed pod for RDL. When I say sealed pod, I mean that it is not possible to change the coil. The main new feature of the XR is that it is compatible with multiple coils from the GTX series which I have been a big fan of for a long time. The XR has a 1500mah battery built in with a maximum output of 40 watts which restricts it from using some of the lower resistance/ higher wattage GTX coils. The included pod has a 5ml capacity which is very nice for such a small pod device. Even though a lot of the promotional pictures are the same as the ones for the Luxe X, I will go ahead and show them for those that missed the previous review.

tThDMUt.jpg

INKtDki.jpg

1665789796895.png

WHAT’S IN THE BOX?

1* Vaporesso Luxe X Battery
    1* Vaporesso Luxe XR Pod (RDL)
    1* Vaporesso Luxe XR Pod (MTL)
    1* Vaporesso GTX 0.4Ω Mesh Coil
    1* Vaporesso GTX 0.8Ω Mesh Coil
    1* Type-C Cable
    1* User Manual & Warranty Card
    1* Reminder Card

jyfjZhw.jpg

SPECIFICATIONS:

Battery: Built-in 1500mAh battery

Output Power: 40W

Charging Current: DC 5V/1.5A, Type-C

Pod Capacity: 5ml (Standard)

Filling: Bottom filling

Coil Resistance: GTX 0.4Ω Mesh Coil, GTX 0.8Ω Mesh Coil

Fit for Luxe X: 0.4Ω/0.8Ω Pod, Luxe XR RDL/MTL Pod, GTX 0.4Ω/0.6Ω Coil (Fit for XR RDL Pod), GTX 0.8Ω/1.2Ω Coil (Fit for XR MTL Pod)

Product Size: 98*31.5*21.6mm

Packing Size: 126*98*38mm

Color: Galaxy Blue, Galaxy Red, Galaxy Purple, Gold, Black, Pink, Silver

iTbWdvS.jpg

FEATURES:

1. Built-in 1500mAh battery with 40W output

2. COREX heating tech for accurate flavor

3. Adopts AXON Chip with smart control

4. Abrasion/stain resistant coating and PCTG tube

5. Auto lock the device after 8S pressing

6. Secured mode to avoid accidental misfiring

7. Designed with 3 LED lights to display

8. Futuristic design, crystal and solid body

9. Adopts SSS leak-resistant technology

10. 5ml e-juice capacity, easy bottom filling

11. Fit for Luxe X 0.4Ω/0.8Ω Pod, Luxe XR RDL/MTL Pod, GTX 0.4Ω/0.6Ω Coil (RDL), GTX 0.8Ω/1.2Ω Coil (MTL)

7IHHj48.jpg

Z40gcI1.jpg

2tyj3bp.jpg

iafW3YU.jpg

1GSZFVy.jpg

vlMeV0t.jpg

c0FyVNh.jpg

toT8TCH.jpg

TrteA96.jpg

7FXjPcX.jpg

INITIAL THOUGHTS:

Although there are many similarities between the Luxe X and Luxe XR, there are a few differences. When I first received the Luxe X, I was surprised that a pod of that size did not have replaceable coils. That being said, I very quickly took to the .4 ohm sealed pod and almost immediately ordered some spare pods. The Luxe XR is an improved version of an already great pod device.

The packaging for the Luxe XR is very nice as I have come to expect from Vaporesso. The front has a color picture of the actual device contained inside in the same color. Some companies use the same image for all colors but Vaporesso did not with the Luxe XR. Also on the front is the large Vaporesso logo in green.

The back side has a complete list of contents, specifications, company information, a bar code stating that this sample is the Galaxy Red version, and a warning near the bottom.

1665790406843.png

1665790431019.png

Once the outer sleeve is removed then you are greeted by the Luxe XR with a pod and coil already installed and a black sleeve on the right side that contains the user manual. Under the sleeve is a USB-C charging cable and a second pod with a coil already installed in it as well. Now this is how you ship a pod kit! I’ve reviewed several pod kits where only one coil or one pod is included in the kit and I don’t approve of that. A second coil or pod should be included in every pod kit in my opinion. Then here comes Vaporesso who not only gives you two coils but also two pods so you can try different liquids in each pod with each coil. Well done Vaporesso!

1665790510620.png

1665790546424.png

The two pods included are labeled MTL and RDL. The look similar at first glance but are a little different. The first difference is the size of the mouthpiece. The mouthpiece is a little smaller on the MTL pod. The other thing that I noticed is that the MTL pod has a smaller airflow hole in the base of the pod. In the first picture below you can see that the RDL pod is on top with the larger airflow hole. Also notice that there are four magnets to hold the pod into the battery portion securely. The fill port on these new pods is just like the ones on the Luxe X with the plug on one end with an arrow and can be rotated slightly out of the way for a mess free filling experience. Also Vaporesso has done a great job with their SSS leak proof technology to virtually eliminate any kind of leaking issues. At least this has been my experience since they started using this technology.

Although the Luxe XR does not have a conventional airflow control, you can rotate the pod 180 degrees to switch the amount of airflow that is given. This is accomplished by the raised platform on the pod that limits the airflow then when rotated there is no longer restricted.

1665790627689.png

1665790658953.png

The coils included in the kit are the GTX series .4 ohm mesh coil rated at 26-32 watts for the RDL pod and the .8 ohm mesh coil rated for 12-16 watts. Although these two are included, you can also use the .6 ohm and 1.2 ohm mesh coils. I probably wouldn’t recommend running any of the lower resistance coils due to the 40 watt limitation of the output available.

2zgeFSw.jpg

yOAT5eZ.jpg

1665790800334.png

1665790834693.png

The body of the Luxe XR is much like the original Luxe X. It uses the Axon chip with smart control having a 1500mah battery and a charging rate of 1.5A. The body is made of three layers to make it durable and scratch resistant while maintaining a Crystal Clear body that allows the user to see the electronics inside. I’m glad that they didn’t make the body light up. I think it would have cheapened the appearance of the device.

The back side of the XR shown in the picture below on the left has the Vaporesso logo on the speckled red portion that is supposed to emulate the look of the galaxy thus the name “Galaxy Red”. Below that is the Luxe name done very stylishly.

The front has the single fire button. Just like the Luxe X, the XR has one button to fire the device and no screen or adjustment buttons. The Axon chip automatically adjusts depending on the resistance of the coil used in the pod. Below the button is the “Crystal Clear” body that allows you to see the electronics inside with the AXON name in the middle. On the front of the XR there are three battery indicator lights that illuminate when firing the device or charging. The three lights indicate the following battery ranges.

• Three lights illuminated = 60%-100% battery level
    • Two lights illuminated = 30%-60% battery level
    • One light illuminated = <30% battery level
    The Luxe XR also has some built in safety protections like the Safety Mode. This is a cutoff timer. If you press the fire button longer than 8 seconds then the lights will flash three times and shut the device off. In order to continue using it then you will have to do the five presses of the fire button to turn it back on. The other protections built into the Luxe XR via the Axon chipset are as follows.

Low resistance: The lights flash five times and output stops

Short circuit protection: The lights flash five times and output stops

No Load: Current power level light flashes three times and output stops

High Resistance: Current power level light flashes three times and output stops

Low Voltage: All lights flash three times and output stops

Overcharge Protection: Device stops charging automatically when battery level is full

The red portion wraps around the entire mod and on one side is the Vaporesso name. Also there is a different size airflow hole on each side of the XR to help with the airflow difference when you rotate the pod. The USB-C charging port that allows the XR to be charged in about an hour is on the bottom of the mod just like it was on the Luxe X.

tEbmUBf.jpg

IUeS23y.jpg

FINAL THOUGHTS:

I have written reviews for Vaporesso for years now and they seem to continue to put out one quality product after another. To this day I still use the very first Xros that they sent me for review when it was initially designed and released. The Luxe XR is a welcome improvement to the Luxe X with the ability to use sealed pods or open pods that can be used with at least four different GTX coils that I know of. The GTX coils have always been a very good flavor producing coil in my opinion. I have a stockpile of the earlier GTX coils that were made before the third o ring was added like what is on the existing series of coils.

The .4 ohm mesh coil gave very good flavor and vapor production using it in the pod labeled DTL. I preferred it turned to provide the maximum airflow. It provides a very nice RDL but isn’t quite enough to be a loose DL. The .8 ohm coil also produced very good flavor with the MTL pod turned to provide the most airflow available and gave a loose MTL type of draw. I used Dinner Lady Purple Rain on the .4 ohm coil mixed at 70/30 and used RY4 Cream on the .8 ohm coil also mixed at 70/30. Not once did I get a dry hit with either one even when chain vaping. I did notice a slight loss in performance when the battery level had been at one indicator light lit so knew it was time to recharge before it was completely dead.

I think it’s wonderful that Vaporesso included two different pods and two different coils with the Luxe XR kit to enhance the user experience right out of the box. I know I don’t really need to tell you this but YES I’d definitely recommend the Vaporesso Luxe XR for you if you are looking for a small pocket carry pod that vapes like a mod and tank to some extent. To me the RDL experience with this one is very enjoyable.

I’d like to thank Vaporesso and Danny for sending the Vaporesso Luxe XR Kit for this review. Thanks also to you the reader that takes time out of their day to read my reviews. Below is a link to the website so you can see all of the great devices that Vaporesso has to offer.

LUXE X | XR POD Kit » VAPORESSO

LUXE%20X-06-28.237.10.png

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread