Status
Not open for further replies.

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
no matter what i do i get gurgling, popping and liquid coming down.
If the coil is gurgling, popping and spitting you are flooding the coil.
Some Causes of flooded coils.
Juice is too thin
Juice got hot and thinned out
Wattage too low and not vaporizing all the juice that the coil has wicked

flooded coil - YouTube

Hard to understand how you are getting burnt coils and flooded coils at the same time. Flooded coils = too much juice, burnt coils = not enough juice.

Do you have a local B&M vape shop you can visit? You need someone to look at your vape and figure this out for you. If as you say you are doing everything right, all gear is in proper condition, you've assembled everything correctly, you've primed appropriately, etc... then this wouldn't be happening. Not across 3 different tanks at least, one tank sure but not 3. You are missing something we've tried to point out to you and you don't realize it.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Hard to understand how you are getting burnt coils and flooded coils at the same time. Flooded coils = too much juice, burnt coils = not enough juice.

He’s firing the coil without drawing air across it. This can burn the cotton thus changing its retention. At first this may not be noticeable but in time as the cotton becomes more saturated, it’s loss in retention could very well lead to leaking

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
He’s firing the coil without drawing air across it. This can burn the cotton thus changing its retention. At first this may not be noticeable but in time as the cotton becomes more saturated, it’s loss in retention could very well lead to leaking
I thought @Letitia stopped him doing that back in post #11:)

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
I'm starting to think the nrg simply isn't a good match for the OP's vaping style. Personally if I were him I would have already moved on to different hardware.
I'll buy them from him, I just ruined one of my NRG tanks today. Good excuse to buy a couple Mesh Pros

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
my draw is pretty long. i like big hits but im trying to fire up the coils properly. one thing i noticed was that if i prime the coil and put it in with no juice it hits perfect. then once i add the juice into the tank it starts to cause problems.
Perfect candidate for squonking or dripping with that type of draw style. Not all tanks/coils are suited for long draws. Maybe start another thread about draw style and see what drop in coil tanks are working for those that vape more like yourself. My draws aren't too long, I prefer a cooler vape and longer draws heat the coil more than I care for. I also seldom hit hard and short. Middle of the road serves my style well.

Reactions: stols001

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
I take long draws from my NRG with no issues what so ever. But saying that, 35+ years of smoking has left it’s damaging effects on my ability to suck a golf ball through a garden hose (____← insert derogatory comments here!).

@damant77 – if you have the draw power of an industrial vacuum cleaner then I can understand your issues and would say any subohm tank would be problematic. But outside of that, if you are using the tank properly as in not firing without pulling air through and properly priming your coil without over priming it then I am a bit puzzled as to why you are experiencing leaking. What is the VG/PG ratio of your juice? A lower VG means the juice is less viscous and more prone to over saturating the cotton which could lead to leaking.

I am also going to assume the coil o-ring is properly set. These have been known to come off during transit.

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread