Vaporesso Podstick Pod/Pen Mashup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roadtrip635

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Texas
vaporesso has a new pen/pod mashup coming out and it looks interesting. They're adding a pod to a pen style style system and can go from MTL with a 1.3 ohm ccell pod or sub ohm vaping with a 0.6 ohm meshed pod. It looks kinda cool with a 2ml tank and looks easy to fill. It has different modes and power levels for each pod and has a 900 mAh battery for decent battery life. Overall the Vaporesso Podstick looks pretty nice and I've always liked Vaporesso products and might be worth checking out.
https://www.vaporesso.com/vape-kits/podstick
PodStick » Vaporesso

Parameters

Dimensions: 18x22x111mm
Pod Capacity: 2ml
Pods: 1.3ohm CCELL, 0.6ohm Meshed
Battery: 900mAh built-in battery
Battery Indicator: 20%-40%-60%-80%-100%
Charging Current: 1A
Material: PCTG, Aluminum

coil_08_82b722.jpg

coil_10_09425c.jpg

Roadtrip635

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Texas
So a pod shaped like a pen. What differentiates a pen is the ability to use other attys. That’s just a pod.
It really is just a pen-styled pod, but I do like the way it looks....lol
I like being able to go from MTL with the 1.3 coil and having the 0.6 coil option for more direct lung hits.

• Agree
Reactions: drysprocket

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
It really is just a pen-styled pod, but I do like the way it looks....lol
I like being able to go from MTL with the 1.3 coil and having the 0.6 coil option for more direct lung hits.
If it actually works. The very few pod systems capable of actual DL are quite large though. It just takes too much electricity. This one looks too small to me. RDL it might be capable of.

Reactions: SLM

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I like the in between idea of this, but bummer that it doesn't look like it has adjustable airflow and autodraw.
Autodraw has upsides and downsides. No point in autodraw on something that heavy. You’re going to have to hold it regardless. Auto draw makes a real difference with something small enough you can hold it with your lips or teeth but you can’t do it with this thing.

As to the adjustable airflow if the airflow is built into the pod it adjusts by changing the pod. (Assuming the pod has a built in airflow that works well to begin with which is a die roll) If it isn’t though that’s very bad. Especially if they want to do different types of vaping.

Reactions: drysprocket

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
If I was a betting man I'd say it's going to be part Zero, part Play and add some new ideas as well. The Play started out as a dual use device but Vaporesso nixed the lower resistance coil idea before they released the Play. (was slated to be 0.65 iirc.)

Will it be the pod system to end all other pod systems? Eh, probably not. I've received notice one is headed my way so I'll post up some thoughts when it arrives.

Chuck64

ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2015
NV. USA
I've tried to steer clear of the whole "Pod" trend but I went ahead and purchased one of these from Heaven Gifts because the price was right. Don't know how long it will take to get here. Their shipping used to be surprisingly fast for a Chinese company. Hopefully that hasn't channged. I like the battery display and the power selection options.

Chuck

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
Zero with a lighter weight body, a bit tighter draw and a fire button. Looks like another winner possibly.

Feels pretty natural to hold. The fire button rests under my middle finger. It's more like holding a permanent marker than an inkpen. My wife loved it from her first drag. So I have to hide it from her until another one arrives.

Expected in shops and e-stores around September 22nd.

Last edited:
Reactions: Roadtrip635

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
After a couple of days using the podstick, being an MTL'r I definitely prefer the tighter flow tank. It's pressure is akin to taking a drag from a filtered cigarette but like the Zero it is so smooth folks may find a lack of throat hit sensation to be a negative. I tend to pull a short dtl from mine more than a true mtl drag. Oh, the mtl is plenty productive but I just tend to do a straight pull because doing that is even smoother.

The DTL tank pull is akin to drawing in air from a drinking straw versus a filtered cigarette restriction. Will it satisfy the 810 tip, wide open air flow system user? Probably not. But the difference between the DTL and MTL tank is striking. Pulling air through the DTL 510 tip unattached is like it has no bottom to restrict the flow.

I won't get into the proprietaries of how Vaporesso achieved the huge difference between the two nor show pictures. Copy catters will have to buy their own to see it. But the sheer simplicity of how they achieved it is a "wow, I get it" thing.

Mine is a pre-production version and I've mentioned to Vaporesso a couple of potential improvements to aid the positive experience for the potentially juice guzzling DTL tank. Easier ways for the user to identify remaining juice in the tank at a glance. Other than that it's got a lot of pros.

One thing folks find important is flavor. I chose a sour apple 6 strength 80vg for the first MTL tank full and thus far have experienced no drop off in flavor at all. Many pods I've tried tend to mute flavor after a few drags in chain vape style. I've found by the fourth of fifth quick drag in a row no drop off or heat like so many other pods I've used including the uber temp controlled Zero.

Mrs States indicated the DTL tank puts out flavor much like her full sized gear, which is a Vaporesso Armor and Cascade One with 0.4 C cell coil packs (iirc), without the excess heat after a few quick pulls in a row.

Last edited:

pizzadave80

ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2016
I've been using one for a couple of weeks and have grown to like it. The ceramic coils took a little while to break in and for the flavor to come out, but it's been going strong since about the first half of the pod. Battery is damn good too. I'll be posting up a review on it tomorrow or so.

Attachments

• 20190820_221232.jpg
    20190820_221232.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 33

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
So it does to DL well? I've been watching the pod systems for a while now and I like the features on this one; namely, the Gene chip and the cCell. Been a fan of cCells since Day 1. I'm curious about the major difference between it and the mesh coil. It would be VERY cool to have a cCell for DL, but I might have to check it out anyway. I like the press-to-fill idea as well. As long as it doesn't leak, that is.

Reactions: Roadtrip635

pizzadave80

ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2016
So it does to DL well? I've been watching the pod systems for a while now and I like the features on this one; namely, the Gene chip and the cCell. Been a fan of cCells since Day 1. I'm curious about the major difference between it and the mesh coil. It would be VERY cool to have a cCell for DL, but I might have to check it out anyway. I like the press-to-fill idea as well. As long as it doesn't leak, that is.
I dont think this is really a direct lung device to be compared to larger systems like the big sticks on the market. Their name is kind of confusing that and implying it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
I dont think this is really a direct lung device to be compared to larger systems like the big sticks on the market. Their name is kind of confusing that and implying it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Oh I'm not comparing it to my sub-ohm 220w mods by any means. I have tried a couple of little pod systems and of course the Penguin (which I still use and love). I'm just looking for a simple device with good vapor and flavor for those times I don't want to deal with settings and whatnot. It's nice to know this device has a more airy coil option than some of the others.

Reactions: United States

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
The DTL tank operates at 0.6 ohms between 17 and 22 temperature controlled watts.……

The Innokin EQ for example was/is 0.5 ohms at 17 watts max. EQ is meant for MTL or restricted DTL without temp control. The PodStick DTL is way more free flowing and has a temperature control.

Last edited:

SLM

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2015
NE Ohio. USA
Mine came today. After reading this thread and checking it out on heaven gifts I got one. My initial impression is that it's a nice device. I'm a DTL person and the few pods and small sticks I've tried have been too restrictive to me as an all day vape. And while this isn't big bore air flow (I didn't expect it to be) with the mesh coil it's fairly airy, maybe around a Kanger subtank with a horizontal coil airflow IMO. Tomorrow it's going to be my plan to use it as my all day vape and really try it out.

vicsch

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2019
Vaporesso has a new pen/pod mashup coming out and it looks interesting. They're adding a pod to a pen style style system and can go from MTL with a 1.3 ohm ccell pod or sub ohm vaping with a 0.6 ohm meshed pod. It looks kinda cool with a 2ml tank and looks easy to fill. It has different modes and power levels for each pod and has a 900 mAh battery for decent battery life. Overall the Vaporesso Podstick looks pretty nice and I've always liked Vaporesso products and might be worth checking out.
PodStick » Vaporesso

Parameters

Dimensions: 18x22x111mm
Pod Capacity: 2ml
Pods: 1.3ohm CCELL, 0.6ohm Meshed
Battery: 900mAh built-in battery
Battery Indicator: 20%-40%-60%-80%-100%
Charging Current: 1A
Material: PCTG, Aluminum

coil_08_82b722.jpg

coil_10_09425c.jpg
But its not cute at all ... I only go for the cute-one's ! ..
But I love Vaporesso devices I have a few !

Reactions: Vapemesilly
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread