Vaporesso Polar Mod TC Mode Revisited

Status
Not open for further replies.

UlkaHuren

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2018
Central Maryland
I was a bit hasty in my earlier evaluation of this mod’s Temperature Control mode operation. Being in a technical field that deals with precision, I had to come back with a re-evaluation after further use and note taking.

• Current firmware is v1.05 SPCBAT18. File release Polar_20180802.zip. I highly advise that you update to this firmware! Among things that are corrected. Fixes a very bad over power ramp up issue that can badly burn your coils. Stops Auto Mode A from blinking. Fixes inconsistent bootloading where mod doesn’t always connect or stays connected to your computer when using the app.
  • With the TC mode calibration I kept jumping around as far as the TCR SET coefficient was concerned. Frustrating! One issue turned out to be that you have to spin your tank on quickly and tighten it before the mod measures the resistance. It should really have a longer delay to give you time to tighten it on. Getting inaccurately high measurements in the thousandths of an ohm means that your tank will run too hot if you don’t put it on very quickly. If you tighten it on at a normal pace, the value may look right most of the time, but the third decimal place that you can’t see could be off enough to throw the calibration out and run too hot. The other issue is that the coefficient “TCR SET” for VT-SS is off. The default of 110 is just entirely far too high and I have no idea if the logic of that. It may have something to do with using Vaporesso’s ceramic coils. The standard is 92 (0.00092). But a 92 setting which should be correct is to hot. To bring the temperature down to a normal level I have to set it to 84. I currently have no coils for the Ni or Ti modes, so I can’t test those. Sorry about any confusion from my earlier posts about this.
Keeping what I’ve said here in mind while using TC mode, it should perform accurately. I’m intending to contact Vaporesso about the resistance sensing and coefficient issues, which would be nice to have fixed through a firmware update. Also to tell them that when it measures the resistance it would be nice if it would show you the ohms down to 3 decimal places at least when it asks you if it’s a new tank since that really is necessary to see particularly when in TC mode.

Reactions: Eskie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread