Vaporesso Polar New Firmware v1.05

Status
Not open for further replies.

UlkaHuren

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2018
Central Maryland
It looks like the firmware updates so far are minor. From the notes these are the fixes:
1. Adjusts Insta-Fire. I think early Polars had a power spike this fixes.
2. Fixes Auto Mode A from blinking.
3. Fixes trouble updating firmware.

https://cdn2.hubspot.net/hubfs/2191257/downloads/Polar_20180802.zip

By the way, the firmware works fine on a Mac running Windows.

UlkaHuren

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2018
Central Maryland
I decided to update my Polar today. Thanks for this info it was very useful. Glad I did update it because the temp control works MUCH better and is now consistent with other mods tc settings. Not sure why that should be effected but it is ;) !

You’re welcome. One big fix is the crazy over powered ramp up bug that can burn your coils. As for TC mode I’ve been testing mine because of inconsistencies in its operation that frustrate me, but I figured it out. One is that you have to spin the tank on good and tight very fast because the resistance sensing happens fast and it can measure it wrong. It only takes an error of a few thousandths of an ohm too high to make it run too hot. They really should add more of a delay to the sensing. The other is that the SS coefficient is not calibrated right. 92 is the standards, but it runs too hot. Through testing I found that setting it to 84 calibrates it the best where a tank works the same as on my YiHi chipped VBoy which I find to be my most accurate TC mod. Try quickly spinning the tank on tight for more accurate ohm measurement and setting the SS TCR to 84 and you’ll have a calibrated and consistent vape. :)

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
I know from the Revenger X and their website that Vaporesso was using using 100 as the TCR for ss. Mine was set at that from the factory. I can’t remember but I know I dropped it lower - maybe 92 or 89.

I haven’t run into the reading the resistance issue yet but I’ll keep that in mind just in case.

It vapes fantastic now. I was initially really disappointed because the Vaporesso mods I’ve used w OMNI 2.2 have been equal to the yihi and dna mods i have in my vape experience.

UlkaHuren

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2018
Central Maryland
I know from the Revenger X and their website that Vaporesso was using using 100 as the TCR for ss. Mine was set at that from the factory. I can’t remember but I know I dropped it lower - maybe 92 or 89.

I haven’t run into the reading the resistance issue yet but I’ll keep that in mind just in case.

It vapes fantastic now. I was initially really disappointed because the Vaporesso mods I’ve used w OMNI 2.2 have been equal to the yihi and dna mods i have in my vape experience.

My old Vaporesso Target Pro had the SS set to 115 which is crazy high and I set it to 87 using a temperature probe. The Polar default is 110 which is also too high. I think they intend that high value to work with their ceramic coils. Yeah, the resistance sensing thing was annoying me before I figured out what it was. I was dialing the TCR randomly as low as 50 to bring the temperature in range and wondering if the mod was defective or just terrible at TC. If I switch tanks I want the temperature to be same and not all over the place. :p

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Reactions: UlkaHuren
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread