Vaporesso polar or Smok E priv?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fcastle22

Oct 24, 2018
I purchased an eleaf Ijust S two years ago, and I've had major leaking issues; no matter what I did there was always e juice leaking through the airflow holes and in between the tank and the mod. I can't put it in my bag or my pocket so I only use it in my house where I keep it standing straight all the time.
Due to this issue I want to get a new device that won't have a leaking problem. I don't really care about technichal settings because I don't understand them very well, I just want a well performing device that will not leak my ejuice when I take it outside.
I've boiled it down to two choices: the Vaporesso Polar and the Smok E-priv, these are the best two I can get based on my price range and the selection in my local vape store.
I need some assistance in deciding which one I should get. My main standard is that it won't leak.
Thank you.

Reactions: VapourFlavour

OhmzRaw

ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2015
For leaking on a sub-ohm tank, I can think of a few possibilities such as #1, The top fill isn't close properly which would lead to the vacuum seal being broken causing the tank to leak. #2, An O-ring is missing. #3 The coils aren't screwed on properly.

RiP Trippers did a decent video on this topic so it's worth checking it out and see if you can solve the leaking issues with your tank.

But to your main question. I would highly recommend the Vaporesso Polar over the SMOK E-Priv. The reason for this is because Vaporesso's chip is pretty impressive. Their OMNI Board 4.0 is one of the nicer chips in the market at the moment and performs fantastic. Vaporesso's devices are also of a superior quality and therefore you could expect this mod to last you a while.

There's so many reason why I would choose the Polar over the E-Priv.

Another worthy mention is @Geekvape_Official NOVA mod which is powered by the AS Chip. This is such an awesome mod and well worth it's price. Their AS Chip is one of the best chips in the market and this mod has a boost-circuit which means that even at high coil resistances, this mod remains accurate. The design and aesthetics is subjective but the Nova is more lightweight in comparison to the Vaporesso Polar and has a resin design which does stand out.

If you need the full kit because you need a tank with, then go for the Nova mod only and buy the Alpha tank separately. The Alpha mesh tank is a step up from Geekvape's Cerebus tank that comes with the Nova mod so it's best if you purchase these separately

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
It's not the battery device that is causing leaking. It's the juice attachment. And most leaking tanks are the end result of user error (sorry but its true).

Of the two battery devices that you mentioned, I'd buy anything other than a SMOK.

Last edited:

fcastle22

Oct 24, 2018
For leaking on a sub-ohm tank, I can think of a few possibilities such as #1, The top fill isn't close properly which would lead to the vacuum seal being broken causing the tank to leak. #2, An O-ring is missing. #3 The coils aren't screwed on properly.

RiP Trippers did a decent video on this topic so it's worth checking it out and see if you can solve the leaking issues with your tank.

I always screw everything on properly and I did a lot of research, most people with an Ijust S have the same issue and I don't think there's anything else I could try

fcastle22

Oct 24, 2018
It's not the battery device that is causing leaking. It's the juice attachment. And most leaking tanks are the end result of user error (sorry but its true).
I know the battery itself isn't the issue, the leaking may be due to user error but it appears the tank I have is more prone to leaking problems than others

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I purchased an eleaf Ijust S two years ago, and I've had major leaking issues; no matter what I did there was always e juice leaking through the airflow holes and in between the tank and the mod. I can't put it in my bag or my pocket so I only use it in my house where I keep it standing straight all the time.
Due to this issue I want to get a new device that won't have a leaking problem. I don't really care about technichal settings because I don't understand them very well, I just want a well performing device that will not leak my ejuice when I take it outside.
I've boiled it down to two choices: the Vaporesso Polar and the Smok E-priv, these are the best two I can get based on my price range and the selection in my local vape store.
I need some assistance in deciding which one I should get. My main standard is that it won't leak.
Thank you.
Surely your shop will sell tanks separately. Any topper will fit on any battery. The standard is 510. Would get really expensive if only one tank could fit only one on mod.

Do you use drop in coils or do you build?

:)

fcastle22

Oct 24, 2018
Surely your shop will sell tanks separately. Any topper will fit on any battery. The standard is 510. Would get really expensive if only one tank could fit only one on mod.

Do you use drop in coils or do you build?

I don't build, I only purchase the coils made for the device
As I said I'm not really a pro that's why I bought the ijust s, it seemed good for beginners

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I know the battery itself isn't the issue, the leaking may be due to user error but it appears the tank I have is more prone to leaking problems than others.

I did a lot of research, most people with an Ijust S have the same issue and I don't think there's anything else I could try.
You may well be correct. Some tanks seem to be more known to have leaking issues than others. The tank design may have a design fault that makes it more likely to leak. As an example, tanks with bottom air adjustment theoretically would be more likely to leak because of gravity; but there happens to be many bottom air adjustment tanks which are not known to be leakers.

My guess is if you did a thorough troubleshooting process of elimination on why your particular tank leaks you'd find a solution.

Last edited:

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
As I said I'm not really a pro that's why I bought the ijust s, it seemed good for beginners

Nothing wrong with that - but if you need any convincing go with the Vaporesso Polar kit. I say with experience that it is a great device and the Cascade Baby tank should provide you with a leak proof experience assuming the tank is assembled and maintained properly. The GT Core coils have an excellent reputation with many different configurations to choose from. The Mesh and Ceramic cCell are my 2 favorite.

Also budget for a spare set of batteries and external charger. It is preferred to charge your batteries externally with a proper charger and the spare set is for easy swap when one set is low.

Oh….welcome to ECF

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
This is a good beginner tank also. Will fit on any mod/battery device. This link is only to show you what I am talking about, you don't have to buy if you don't like it, but it is very popular and easy to use. Just start looking and keep asking questions. More members will also have suggestions.

Aspire Nautilus 2 Tank

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
If I got this right, the eLeaf iJust is a fixed voltage device. Could fit other tanks on it but might be better for the user to progress to a variable wattage device. Also, eLeaf has broken many copyright laws by calling it iJust. Rumor has it Apple and it's army of lawyers is suing eLeaf and going after all users with a cease and desist order. Wanna avoid that :D

VapourFlavour

Moved On
Oct 16, 2018
Ontario, Canada
If I got this right, the eLeaf iJust is a fixed voltage device. Could fit other tanks on it but might be better for the user to progress to a variable wattage device. Also, eLeaf has broken many copyright laws by calling it iJust. Rumor has it Apple and it's army of lawyers is suing eLeaf and going after all users with a cease and desist order. Wanna avoid that :D
I haven't read anything about Apple going after ELeaf, but let's not forget that Apple did file for a patent for a high tech vape a few years ago.

Reactions: Vaperer

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
Big Big fan of Vaporesso. I have the Revenger X and the Luxe for mods, both offer great performance. Staying with Vaporesso I have the NRG and Cascade tanks. I use the GT Mesh coils in both. While both deliver great flavor I definitely prefer the NRG. ThE cascade has a reservoir that prevents you from seeing how much juice is left and a couple extra pieces to clean.

You can't go wrong with Vaporesso but you can go way wrong with SMOK. Every manufacturer has bad runs, SMOK has more than the rest it appears. The only mod I ever had brick was SMOK Alien.

Go with Vaporesso

fcastle22

Oct 24, 2018
Big Big fan of Vaporesso. I have the Revenger X and the Luxe for mods, both offer great performance. Staying with Vaporesso I have the NRG and Cascade tanks. I use the GT Mesh coils in both. While both deliver great flavor I definitely prefer the NRG. ThE cascade has a reservoir that prevents you from seeing how much juice is left and a couple extra pieces to clean.

You can't go wrong with Vaporesso but you can go way wrong with SMOK. Every manufacturer has bad runs, SMOK has more than the rest it appears. The only mod I ever had brick was SMOK Alien.

Go with Vaporesso
I've heard many good things about the cascade tank
Are you sure it's 100% leak proof?

Reactions: Vaperer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread