Status
Not open for further replies.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I don’t know what kind of crappy delivery service vapor beast uses for free shipping but I placed my order on th 12th, it shipped on the 13th and I still don’t have my polar. Judging by the tracking, it could be two or three more business days before I receive it.
I think they use some small not well know service that iirc takes forever. I have only ordered from them maybe 2x(before they sold out) and I remember being upset at them also. Have avoided them every since.

Hang in there....I think you are really gonna like the Polar.

:)

Reactions: hittman

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I am like pvarck31 in that the more I am using the Polar the more I really like it. Now that I understand a bit more about how to use it that is. The instant firing does take a bit of getting used to tho. I like it now but at first I thought it was gonna blow up, lol.....so I would hit the fire button before putting it near my face, then I could hit the fire button again and it acts like more normal...lol

pvarck31

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2017
The Land
I am like pvarck31 in that the more I am using the Polar the more I really like it. Now that I understand a bit more about how to use it that is. The instant firing does take a bit of getting used to tho. I like it now but at first I thought it was gonna blow up, lol.....so I would hit the fire button before putting it near my face, then I could hit the fire button again and it acts like more normal...lol
The problem with the instant firing is that in the first second of the vape it fires way above your set wattage. This is hurting my coils. The firmware update was supposed to fix this but it only helped a little.
I hate to go back on what I said about starting to like it more, but this issue is kinda bothering me.

Reactions: ilporcupine

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
The problem with the instant firing is that in the first second of the vape it fires way above your set wattage. This is hurting my coils. The firmware update was supposed to fix this but it only helped a little.
I hate to go back on what I said about starting to like it more, but this issue is kinda bothering me.
I noticed the instant firing only occurs when I am in TC mode, it did not do it when I put on a tank that has Kanthal wire and switched to watts/power mode. I wonder if locking the ohm in tc would have an effect on that? I will try that a little later after my morning fog clrs--lol.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Does it help if you set the watts limit lower in temp control mode? I do that on a lot of mods. I'll set the watt limit around 40 so I don't get that blast at the beginning.

According to USPS(not holding my breath), my polar should be here today and it only took ten days in shipping from vapor beast.:eek:

ilporcupine

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 24, 2018
    IL, Duh
    Makes you wonder if vape companies have any vapers? Doesn't anyone test firmware? Alpha/Beta testers?

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    Does it help if you set the watts limit lower in temp control mode? I do that on a lot of mods. I'll set the watt limit around 40 so I don't get that blast at the beginning.

According to USPS(not holding my breath), my polar should be here today and it only took ten days in shipping from vapor beast.:eek:
    I am using TI on the polar and set my watts power limit. Makes no difference it still gives that blast for the 1st second or two. What I have been doing is when I first pick up the mod, I tap the power button once, just enough to barely give it power. Then I let go and fire it again and it works without that blast.

I just did the following.

If you want to play with the CCT and configure it yourself I think that helps. But unless you want to run the mod in CCT you need to change it back to power set. It keeps the CCT as you configured it. Then when you are back in power set and not in any menu and its showing the temp set you can also adjust it there. And again I do think it helps to get rid of it.

I have not yet used any of the new firmware that is out there. @pvarck31 didn't think it helped much.

eta I reset the defaults back to factory settings. It changes the clock and puts it back in Smart option and automatic ( I had mine off previously).
    Before resetting to factory default, the power blast was gone. I will play with it some more.....

Last edited:

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    Ok I reset to factory defaults. But as soon as I put it in TI mode, the automatic is still on but the smart is not. I again set the TCR to match the coil I am using ie. 365, and looked at CCT......no wonder its a blast....it starts @ 500F so I changed the start bar to 400F. Vaping it in CCT mode its still pretty strong so I went to power setting to change where its getting its input from initially and set the temp using the down arrow to 350. It makes a difference, I no longer got that blasting effect, but no longer got enough power for me during continuing use, without moving the temp up on the screen.

Try it and see what you guys think..... this is all assuming that the mod is working correctly.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I did receive my blue/black polar today. I tried it out of the box and saw what you were talking about. I’m running a 316 Clapton coil in my tank so went into the menu and switched to ss tc and dialed my watts down to 39 from the 75 it was set at. I’m getting a nice vape with no blast at the beginning. It’s running good at 350. I probably could go a little higher but don’t like a real warm vape. I also went into the cct setting inside the ss tc mode and set my curve. It’s more like a straight line with a bump but that’s how I set my revengers too.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    I did receive my blue/black polar today. I tried it out of the box and saw what you were talking about. I’m running a 316 Clapton coil in my tank so went into the menu and switched to ss tc and dialed my watts down to 39 from the 75 it was set at. I’m getting a nice vape with no blast at the beginning. It’s running good at 350. I probably could go a little higher but don’t like a real warm vape.
    I have some ss coils I could try. What ohms are you running? So what am I doing wrong?

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    My coil is reading .42 ohms. When you go into the ss tc mode then there is a menu of four items. I left the tc set where it was. I changed power set to 39. I went into cct set and set each bar. I usually start around 360 or 370 and go down to 350 for the rest of the bars. I left the lock/ unlock set at unlock. I haven’t tried it locked yet.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    My coil is reading .42 ohms. When you go into the ss tc mode then there is a menu of four items. I left the tc set where it was. I changed power set to 39. I went into cct set and set each bar. I usually start around 360 or 370 and go down to 350 for the rest of the bars. I left the lock/ unlock set at unlock. I haven’t tried it locked yet.
    Yeah, I am not locking my ohm in either. So when you look at the screen (not being in any menu) are you in CCT or SS? Should say at top right of screen.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    Running this in CCT is draining my batts fast. How is yours doing? I am at 420 - 400. When I switch it back to TI power mode, much easier on the batteries. Why is that?

eta My new batteries I have just gotten(I ordered them from RTD vapor just for this mod) is running hot...Should not be. So I changed out the batteries and put in a new coil and switched it back to TI power set(which shows up on the home screen-not inside the menus)as VT-TI. Think I will stick with this for a while. You set the temp right there on the screen---more like I am used to doing it on other mods.

Last edited:

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I’m glad I could help. It helps that I’ve been running revengers for months. The menu looks different but operates basically the same. I didn’t notice til you said something but my batteries did seem to go down fast. I’m going to turn down my screen timeout. I always wondered if these mods with color screens go through batteries faster.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    I’m glad I could help. It helps that I’ve been running revengers for months. The menu looks different but operates basically the same. I didn’t notice til you said something but my batteries did seem to go down fast. I’m going to turn down my screen timeout. I always wondered if these mods with color screens go through batteries faster.
    I barely put my mod down when the clock comes up on mine. It is quick. lol I think I have mine set for 15 minutes.(for the screen to go dark). I will turn mine down also to see if helps with battery time.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread