Not open for further replies.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
Well that coil is rated for 35-40 watts, so that’s why I went with the 40. I just thought it would feel warm. I was probably most curious about the TCR setting. It’s the part of this whole feature that I really don’t totally understand. I just read somewhere that 92 was a good spot for the 316 wire. I also have some GT 2 coils on order that are SS but not ceramic, so I’m curious to see what I think of them.

If you look on the vaporesso website at their list of TCRs they use a very high rating close to 110 or such. So maybe give that a try.

Btw I had similar experience with TC on the Polar until I updated the firmware. Have you updated it?

UlkaHuren

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2018
Central Maryland
On using the Vaporesso SS ceramic coils and 0.00092 not being the right coefficient it just occurred to me that they must be using SS304 wire which has a coefficient of 0.00105. This explains why the default SS TCR is set at 110 which is exactly right for SS304. SS316L being so ubiquitous I just assume “SS” will be 316L. Basically they decided to favor their coil’s TCR instead of the 90% of us that use the common as dirt SS316L wire.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
On using the Vaporesso SS ceramic coils and 0.00092 not being the right coefficient it just occurred to me that they must be using SS304 wire which has a coefficient of 0.00105. This explains why the default SS TCR is set at 110 which is exactly right for SS304. SS316L being so ubiquitous I just assume “SS” will be 316L. Basically they decided to favor their coil’s TCR instead of the 90% of us that use the common as dirt SS316L wire.
Good catch. Seeing how most of us know the SS304 is not as good of quality, I would say their 'saving costs' has been enlightened. (Trying to be nice here. lol)

Reactions: hittman

Murphy2278

Sep 2, 2018
I tried out some GT 2 coils and set it and 94. I was pleased with that.

Murphy2278

Sep 2, 2018
Good catch. Seeing how most of us know the SS304 is not as good of quality, I would say their 'saving costs' has been enlightened. (Trying to be nice here. lol)
From everything I’ve read, the GT 2, 4, and 6 coils are 316L, so I’m puzzled as to why they would cater to only one coil that uses an alternate wire from the rest. Who knows.

Murphy2278

Sep 2, 2018
So I just got a Tobeco Super RTA seated on my Polar Mod. First off, I love this tank. Awesome flavor. My issue is that I have SS coils installed but I can’t get the SS TC to work. Resistance is .25. My Watts is set to 80 and my temp was set to 300F. When I hit the fire button, it reads .4 watts. No matter what I adjust, it just reads .4 watts. The only TC mode it does anything in is NI. Any ideas?

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
So I just got a Tobeco Super RTA seated on my Polar Mod. First off, I love this tank. Awesome flavor. My issue is that I have SS coils installed but I can’t get the SS TC to work. Resistance is .25. My Watts is set to 80 and my temp was set to 300F. When I hit the fire button, it reads .4 watts. No matter what I adjust, it just reads .4 watts. The only TC mode it does anything in is NI. Any ideas?
Sounds like that is what the mod is reading the coil as is NI. Are your coils multi wires? or single round wires? If not, tc may have trouble reading them correctly. Have you used the ss coils in power mode? It is safe to do that and I was just wondering what ohm it read the coils at?

:)

Murphy2278

Sep 2, 2018
Sounds like that is what the mod is reading the coil as is NI. Are your coils multi wires? or single round wires? If not, tc may have trouble reading them correctly. Have you used the ss coils in power mode? It is safe to do that and I was just wondering what ohm it read the coils at?

:)
Two different tanks both with about .3 ohms. A Aromamizer and the one I already mentioned. It just simply started working on both. Didn’t do anything different except go back and try again after a few minutes. Bing, bang, boom, it’s working.

Reactions: hittman

UlkaHuren

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2018
Central Maryland

Really odd. It could possibly be a faulty connection. It doesn’t take much to throw off the calibration in SS. Make sure the terminal screws are tight and the tank is screwed on tight. Also the TCR for SS on the Polar Track the temperature most accurate at 84 instead of 92. Glad it started working, whatever the issue was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread