Vaporesso Revenger x best batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmed A Albatouty

Apr 23, 2018
Hi,

I am new to the forum and vaping as well, I quit smoking 2 months ago and started vaping with revenger X Kit as it was recommended from one friend the experience I had with it has been good so far. now I read in different places online that it is not recommended to charge your batteries in the mode with the cable provided by the supplier, so what the best batteries since I am planning to buy another 16850 batteries as a backup during the day and what is the best external charger as there are many products with different options.

Thanks in advance and have a nice day.

Reactions: stols001

lupinehorror

bròn
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Dunblane
Hi,

I am new to the forum and vaping as well, I quit smoking 2 months ago and started vaping with revenger X Kit as it was recommended from one friend the experience I had with it has been good so far. now I read in different places online that it is not recommended to charge your batteries in the mode with the cable provided by the supplier, so what the best batteries since I am planning to buy another 16850 batteries as a backup during the day and what is the best external charger as there are many products with different options.

samsung 25Rs offer good value and decent performance. charger? i like nitecore and xtar

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
Hello and welcome. We have a very valuable member who works with batteries and has tested a lot of the batteries used for vaping. I can't give you better advice than to follow Mooch's recommendations. You can find them here:

Mooch's Recommended Batteries | E-Cigarette Forum

There's a blue bar near the bottom of Mooch's chart with a list of recommended battery vendors. Batteries are often counterfeited, but the recommended vendors have good track records and supply chains. It's best to stick with them. Whatever you do, avoid Amazon and eBay as fakes abound there.

It's also important to get a quality charger. The brands that are most often recommended are Xtar and Nitecore, as @lupinehorror said. Efest's LUC line is also reliable, but you need to stick with the LUCs - Efest makes other chargers as well that aren't necessarily as good.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
A lot will depend on how your vaping. If you're using lower wattages Samsung 25r or LG he4 are a good bet. If you're wanting longer life, LG HG2 or Samsung 30q. If you're wanting higher wattages, LG HB6 or Sony VTC5A. Note that the last two batteries listed will provide higher wattages, but shorter battery life.

For Chargers, efest, Nightcore, x tar are all pretty good. I use the Enova Gyrfalcon line, and love them, but it might be overkill for you...

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Yes, you are going to need to tailor your batteries to your vaping style. What wattage do you vape at? It will best determine which batteries are right for you. Also you want to make sure you are buying from a recommended supplier, Mooch has a table in his blog listing which batteries he has tested, and their best rating, usually higher amp batteries will provide a better high wattage experience and it won't overstress the batteries, if you are a high wattage vaper. You will sacrifice mAh (runtime) for higher rated batteries, but using lower rated batteries won't give you any better runtime at high wattages and may also decrease safety. Mooch's table also lists reputable suppliers of batteries known to not be fake or counterfeit.

For more on batteries, go here:
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/blogs/mooch.256958/

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/blog-entry/baditudes-blogs.7609/

For a charger, I think either a nitecore or Xtar charger would work for your needs. I have a nitecore intellecharger 2 bay and it has held up well. The sleds were a bit rough at first, but they loosened up over time. If you choose a sled battery charger and it's a bit rough, you could also lubricate it.

Glad you are here and glad you asked, as yes, it is not recommended to use a USB port for charging, mainly due to the possibility of unbalanced charging and wear and tear on the USB port. It is also (arguable) less safe in general.

Good luck!

Anna

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Battery Basics for Mods: The Definative Battery Guide for Vaping

Guide to Choosing a Li-ion Battery Charger

Restrict your choices to batteries made by Lg, Samsung, or Sony. Purchase them from known trusted battery suppliers to avoid getting counterfeits. Avoid brands like AWT, Efest, Imren, MXJO, etc. Are You Using a Rewrap (Rebranded) Battery?

At what wattage setting do you usually vape at? Choose the battery by its specifications and by what wattage setting you use. You don't need a 30 amp battery if you're only vaping at 30 watts:

Are you using a single, dual, or triple battery mod? In the interests of keeping things simple:

• If you use a good quality 15 amp CDR battery like the Samsung 30Q or Sony VTC6, then you are good up to 45 watts per battery; 90 watts using two; 135 watts for three batteries.

• If you use a good quality 20 amp CDR battery like the LG HG2 or Samsung 25R then you are good for 60 watts per battery. If using a 2-battery regulated mod, your good for 120 watts as you have two batteries. If you are using a 3-battery mod, you're good for 180.

• If you use a single 25 amp CDR battery like the Sony VTC5A, then you are good for 75 watts per battery, 150 watts for two batteries, and 225 watts with three.

• If you use a single 30 amp CDR battery like the LG HB6 you are good up to 90 watts; with a pair of 30 amp CDR batteries you could safely do 180 watts.

WATTAGE PER SINGLE BATTERY:

20W-45W:
Samsung 18650 30Q, 3000 mah 15 amp CDR
Sony 18650VTC6 3000mAh 15 CDR​
20W-60W:
LG 18650HG2 3000mah 20 amp CDR
LG 18650HE2 2500 mah 20 amp CDR
Samsung 18650-25R, 2500 mah 20 amp CDR
Sanyo UR18650NSX, 2500 mah 20 amp CDR
Sony 18650VTC5, 2600 mah 20 amp CDR
Sony 18650VTC4, 2100 mah 23 amp CDR
AW 18650 3000 mah 20 amp CDR​
30W - 75W:
LG 18650 HD4 2100 mah 25 amp CDR
LG 18650 HD2 2000 mah 25 amp CDR
Sony 18650VTC5A, 2500 mah 25 amp CDR​
60W - 90W:
LG18650HB6 1500mah 30 amp CDR
LG18650HB2 1500mAh 30 amp CDR
LG18650HB4 1500mAh 30 amp CDR
Keep your choices for a Li-ion charger to brands like Xtar, Nitecore, and the Efest LUC's.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hi,
Welcome and glad you joined.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread