Vaporesso Swag Battery Not Charging

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattyd100

Sep 2, 2018
Yesterday I purchased a vaporesso Swag Kit at a vape shop in NYC; Originally, I had researched a mod I had online from this shop that I wanted to buy and called them to verify it was in stock-- they said it was out of stock.

I went into the shop yesterday to pick something else. I've been vaping on-and-off for 10-years (and have not smoked a real cig for almost 2-years now! ;) ) but I still do not understand all the technical aspects of vaping. Simply put, if it delivers me nicotine, I'm fine with it, generally.

I bought this kit, began charging it on a battery pack while I walked around New York (for 3-hours,) and it did not charge at all, at 0% by the time I got home.

At home I tried charging it via a USB (into my laptop) and also with an adapter plugging it into the wall. Waking up this morning, it's still at 0%.

This device was pretty expensive, not what I had planned to buy, and now I cannot use it at all. So, I'm reverting back to my older mod which still works but the battery is weak/dying and the mod has seem better days (I've been smoking on it hard for about a year now.)

I've researched this all online last night and am not finding any solutions. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
Matty

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Well it could be your mod or your battery. What 18650 battery(ies) did you get and where from?

It's generally not recommended to charge via USB unless you have to, more wear and tear on the battery. You want to get an external charger and two reliable batteries to swap out during charging.

What wattage were you running it at? You may be placing too much strain on the mod/battery depending on what batteries you have. I'll link you to a couple useful battery blogs so you can start reading up.

There could equally be something faulty going on with the mod. Since you bought it locally take it to the vape shop to get it looked at.

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/blogs/mooch.256958/

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/blog-entry/baditudes-blogs.7609/
Good luck,

Anna

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Yesterday I purchased a Vaporesso Swag Kit at a vape shop in NYC; Originally, I had researched a mod I had online from this shop that I wanted to buy and called them to verify it was in stock-- they said it was out of stock.

I went into the shop yesterday to pick something else. I've been vaping on-and-off for 10-years (and have not smoked a real cig for almost 2-years now! ;) ) but I still do not understand all the technical aspects of vaping. Simply put, if it delivers me nicotine, I'm fine with it, generally.

I bought this kit, began charging it on a battery pack while I walked around New York (for 3-hours,) and it did not charge at all, at 0% by the time I got home.

At home I tried charging it via a USB (into my laptop) and also with an adapter plugging it into the wall. Waking up this morning, it's still at 0%.

This device was pretty expensive, not what I had planned to buy, and now I cannot use it at all. So, I'm reverting back to my older mod which still works but the battery is weak/dying and the mod has seem better days (I've been smoking on it hard for about a year now.)

I've researched this all online last night and am not finding any solutions. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
Matty
Hi and Welcome,
That device does NOT come with a battery.
What was the brand and model of the 18650 battery you inserted (POS +, down) into the Swag?
How old is that cell? Is it a button top or flat top?

Sorry to hear of your issue.
Cheers
I

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Also own a Swag…nice little device. Love the tank and the Ceramic cCell works great.

Are you using the USB cable that came with the device or some generic one you had kicking around? If the later, try the USB that came with the device. Could also try a firmware update – just had a look at the latest firmware on Vaporesso site and it doesn’t say anything about charging issues. But that is not to say it was not addressed in a previous firmware which will also be included in the new.

Outside of that, it is recommended to charge your battery through a battery charger. They are not that expressive, you can even find ones that charge regular house hold batteries like AA (assuming it is the correct AA!!!).

If a firmware update or proper USB cable is not working, I’d take the unit back.

mattyd100

Sep 2, 2018
Thanks to everyone that replied to my post and concerns. I'm sorry I'm not replying to everyone's response individually; however, I did each reply and am taking the advice.

I found an exterior charger (that I used to use with a mod years ago.) I knew it was in the house somewhere and it took me all afternoon to locate it. The battery for this new device is now charging and I'll update here in a few hours (if the charging goes right.)

Thanks again!

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I'm sorry I'm not replying to everyone's response individually
If you like a particular reply, you can click "like" (the thumbs up) icon,or other icons, at bottom right hand corner of this post, this action will notify the poster of your chosen noted response.

mattyd100

Sep 2, 2018
After hours of charging in an external charger... it won't charge.

When I put the battery into the charger, the LED is yellow. I think it's yellow-- I'm colorblind, so it could be green, not entirely sure. However, when putting it back into the mod, it shows 0% charge, so it's not working.

I've never dealt with so many issues with a mod, and I've not even taken one drag yet.

I'll never buy this brand of device, type of bat, or from this shop (Beyond Vape) ever again.

KurtVD

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2018
Switzerland
I'll never buy this brand of device, type of bat, or from this shop (Beyond Vape) ever again.
Seriously? Why hate the brands? It’s the shop who sold you a defective battery. Also, sometimes errors happen. If it’s a good place of business, they will just exchange the defective battery for a new one.

• Agree

mattyd100

Sep 2, 2018
Seriously? Why hate the brands? It’s the shop who sold you a defective battery. Also, sometimes errors happen. If it’s a good place of business, they will just exchange the defective battery for a new one.

Yes, seriously. This particular shop had serious attitude when I was there, very unfriendly in general. So, when their products fail, it will speak for the shop.

As far as the brand? I never heard of it until yesterday and wouldn't recommend anyone dropping cash on it. But, maybe that's just me.

There are a few brands of devices that I've bought numerous times and have never given me problems at all.

There's a lot of competition out there for vaping. It needs to be correct the first time (minus the elitist attitudes,) or business will be taken elsewhere.

• Optimistic

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
It seems like a nice mod. I like the design, weight. Really, I can tell it would probably work well. I hope to be able to try it sometime. :)
Have you tried the battery in another mod? If it works in another mod than you know the swag is the problem and the warranty is good. Take it back to the shop for an exchange. Vaporesso has had an excellent reputation for years.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Sure if it's the mod that is bad take it back and get a return.

I don't know if I blame you for not wanting to patronize the emporium anymore but seriously you don't hear a ton of Vapresso failures. If it's not the battery I guess the store sold bad stock. I don't much care for most Vapresso tanks but I'm not much of a sub0hner, but their mods can be pretty great. I recently dropped a Vapresso tarot nano in a hot cup of coffee after a few days drying it was fine, I was impressed (I won it, I don't usually buy internal batteries that much) but I do like it.

If you are buying batteries from vape shops you shouldn't. Here are a few blogs that give the reasons why which are mainly you don't know if it's genuine, authentic and new, there are VERY few ways to tell. Mooch lists a chart with ACCURATE batteries he has tested and rated, and in the last cell are "trusted" authentic suppliers you can buy from with confidence. It's often cheaper, too.

But I would not necessarily rule out Vapresso completely based on your one experience. Etc.

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/blogs/mooch.256958/

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/blog-entry/baditudes-blogs.7609/

Good luck!
Anna

Reactions: Anise

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
A battery that won’t charge in the mod and won’t charge in a charger leads me to believe the battery is at fault - assuming of course the charger allows charging of an 18650. Sounds like your battery slipped through QC. It happens from time to time. If in fact the battery is at fault, be thankful it just doesn’t charge and not blow up!

@Vaporesso_Chelsea – Top props for the support response. Always great to see a supportive company.

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
I have a ton of Vaporesso gear and other than a small o-ring issue I'm trying to resolve the gear performs flawlessly. Don't give up on Vaporesso it's one of the better companies making vape gear.

My daily vape gear is two Vaporesso Revenger X mods with Vaporesso NRG tanks. I have them with me around the clock and never a single failure, nothing but consistent performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread