Status
Not open for further replies.

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
Unfortunately no

So is the problem that it doesn't screw down into the 510 all the way? I've seen little discs you can buy that act as spacers for that. You could also try going to an auto store and buying a pack of those little discs that are made for car batteries to prevent corrosion. You'd probably have to trim one up to avoid overhang. You could also use a piece of felt I would think.

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

Wuijye88

Jan 19, 2018
sibu
So is the problem that it doesn't screw down into the 510 all the way? I've seen little discs you can buy that act as spacers for that. You could also try going to an auto store and buying a pack of those little discs that are made for car batteries to prevent corrosion. You'd probably have to trim one up to avoid overhang. You could also use a piece of felt I would think.
Noted, thanks for help

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
A spacer might help, is it just sort of "looking" loose, or actually spinning around or leaning? You may not be getting a full connection to the mod, but I'm not entirely sure if this is a known issue or not? Have you tried the tank on other mods if you have one? (Even if it's not a suitable tank for vaping, it might let you know whether it's a tank or mod issue.

Given that the thing came as a kit, right? I might find myself slightly annoyed about that. You might want to contact the vendor/manufacturer and see if they have a fix or it needs warrantying. You can certainly try some fixes like spacers and whatnot, if it's more of a gap situation. If it's a connection that isn't being made, I would be concerned about that.

Pics would very much help, probably, in determining if this is something easily solved (a slight gap) or something more problematic, a loose atomizer connection.

Best of luck, I myself would have concerns if it's a brand new kit that was "created" to go together, as it were...

Anna

LyLyV

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2018
Earth (most days)
Honestly, I think it's just a flaw in the machining. It doesn't seem to affect the device at all. In fact, I'm really liking it. I just lost my Pico and this is the only small mod I have and it's working well with my Cleito tanks. Yes, there is a small gap below the tank, but it doesn't seem to affect the functionality whatsoever.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Honestly if a manufacturer cannot even be bothered to make sure the parts of a "kit" fit together properly, then I can't be bothered to keep it. I would return it and get something from a different manufacturer. Make sure they know that the reason you are returning it is shoddy manufacturing. The only way they are going to learn to do things right, is if doing things wrong is costing them money.

LyLyV

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2018
Earth (most days)
Update on this thread - I got used to the super tiny gap because it worked fine and screwed on tight (my Cleito tank). But, now, it actually wiggles a little - like, it feels like it won't tighten - when really, it's on there, but there is a bit of play when it's on all the way, and it really is bugging me. I'm kinda convinced it's the Swag and not the Cleito, since I use the Cleito on my Pico and it never does that.

As for those "spacers," or...
those little discs that are made for car batteries to prevent corrosion
... Could someone provide a link to them online? I have zero clue what those are, where to find them, or what to ask for. Also - I would want mine to be 22mm, to match my tank. And - preferably super thin. ?

ilporcupine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2018
IL, Duh
Update on this thread - I got used to the super tiny gap because it worked fine and screwed on tight (my Cleito tank). But, now, it actually wiggles a little - like, it feels like it won't tighten - when really, it's on there, but there is a bit of play when it's on all the way, and it really is bugging me. I'm kinda convinced it's the Swag and not the Cleito, since I use the Cleito on my Pico and it never does that.

As for those "spacers," or... ... Could someone provide a link to them online? I have zero clue what those are, where to find them, or what to ask for. Also - I would want mine to be 22mm, to match my tank. And - preferably super thin. ?
It is a felt washer sold to prevent corrosion on battery posts.There are usually racks of them with the batteries, at auto parts places. I think I would be concerned about what the chemical additive was on this. Plain felt washers used to be available, from places like McMaster-Carr.
I might try a copper sealing washer. These can be found at auto parts and Home Depot. Really, though, see if you can get it warranteed.

LyLyV

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2018
Earth (most days)
Really, though, see if you can get it warranteed.
Yeah... I bought it from Gear Best. I don't think it's worth the hassle, TBH. If I get another one (and I likely will - I really like it, it's just this one thing that's bugging me - I'll maybe just get it direct from Vaporesso. I'm seriously thinking a super thin something made of silicone would be better than metal or felt... I'm not even sure something like that exists (unless I fabricate it myself - which is not out of the realm of possibility).

ilporcupine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2018
IL, Duh
Yeah... I bought it from Gear Best. I don't think it's worth the hassle, TBH. If I get another one (and I likely will - I really like it, it's just this one thing that's bugging me - I'll maybe just get it direct from Vaporesso. I'm seriously thinking a super thin something made of silicone would be better than metal or felt... I'm not even sure something like that exists (unless I fabricate it myself - which is not out of the realm of possibility).
Here's a thought. If you have a bearing or industrial supply near you. Silicone o-rings come in lots of sizes, maybe you could match the O.D, with your device. NBR or neoprene sheets are easy to find but may be thicker than you want.

• Useful

LyLyV

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2018
Earth (most days)
Here's a thought. If you have a bearing or industrial supply near you. Silicone o-rings come in lots of sizes, maybe you could match the O.D, with your device. NBR or neoprene sheets are easy to find but may be thicker than you want.
That's a really good idea. I'll find something :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread