Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Hello and welcome everyone for today's review of the latest release from vaporesso that is a single 18650 device and tank included in a kit . The Swag PX 80 is a regulated device with a maximum wattage of 80 watts with no temperature control only wattage, voltage and smart wattage as your mode settings making it a very simple and easy device to operate. The Swag PX 80 is a compact device that easily disappears in the hand while not being too small or uncomfortable to operate. The included Pod/tank has a capacity of 4ml and has a very nice feature as well as the mod's unique display feature that I'll cover later in the review but first let's get to know the Swag PK 80 Kit a little bit more in detail before I give you my findings and impressions in this review.

COLOR CHOICES

VaporessoSWAGPX80Kit20201224_2.jpg

INCLUDED IN THE BOX

SWAG-PX80-Kit-25.jpg

SPECIFICATIONS

SWAG-PX80-Kit-24.jpg

COMPACT AND ATTRACTIVE

SWAG-PX80-Kit-14.jpg

INSTA-FIRE AXON CHIP

SWAG-PX80-Kit-21.jpg

EMBEDDED IML WITH 3 COLOR DISPLAY SCREEN

SWAG-PX80-Kit-15.jpg

TYPE-C FAST 2 AMP CHARGING

SWAG-PX80-Kit-22.jpg

FULLY ADJUSTABLE EXTERNAL AIRFLOW CONTROL

SWAG-PX80-Kit-18.jpg

QUAD ANTI- LEAKAGE PROTECTION

SWAG-PX80-Kit-17.jpg

REPLACE COIL WITHOUT EMPTYING THE POD/TANK

SWAG-PX80-Kit-16.jpg

8 SAFETY PROTECTIONS

SWAG-PX80-Kit-23.jpg

GTX COIL PLATFORM

SWAG-PX80-Kit-19.jpg

GTX COIL PLATFORM COMPATIBLE

SWAG-PX80-Kit-20.jpg

BREAKDOWN

pc-specs-explode.png

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

As always Vaporesso packaging was very nice with the Swag PX 80 Kit housed in a box with a form fitted cutout where all the components sit with all your paper information housed in the familiar black envelope sitting on top. Vaporesso was kind enough to include 2 boxes of GTX coils in my review kits.

20210112_131245.jpg

As you can see these kits are very attractive and elegant looking with a soft leather texture on one side with the body of the device being a matte finish in a gunmetal color with small Vaporesso branding at the top. The dual airflow slots are part of the body and are located at the top of the front and back of the device. The battery is installed by unscrewing the knurled battery cap at the top and dropping the battery in positive end first.

20210113_142820.jpg

Positive battery polarity is vividly marked in the battery tube, there is no negative marking on the battery cap but instead a warning to not use batteries with broken skin. I must say the threads on the battery cap are buttery smooth with no crunchy threads.

20210112_135323.jpg

The Swag PX 80 sits level and flush without having a feel of it being tipped over easily and with the Pod/Tank being a short styled but having a generous 4ml capacity aides with that. There are 3 venting holes on the bottom of the device.

20210113_141914.jpg

The Swag PX 80 lacks a 510 connection and instead uses a magnetically connected Pod/Tank which has a circular strip of metal going around the bottom and stopping at the fill port plug. The device itself has 4 very strong magnets as well as 2 coil sensors recessed into the device for a nice neat appearance making it look like the Pod/Tank is built into the device.

20210114_143019.jpg

The Pod/Tank has a few very nice features to it with one being able to replace a coil while the tank has juice in it. The way it works is the automatic juice flow control remains in the closed position when no coil is inserted into the Pod/Tank and then open up when a coil is inserted. Another nice feature is the coil is fully encased within the Pod/Tank and to remove it simply aline the arrow located at the base of the drip tip to the unlock symbol on the top of the Pod/Tank and push down on the drip tip which will then release and push the coil out at the bottom while closing the juice flow gate preventing any loss of juice.

In the photo below you can see that the device on the left has the drip tip aligned with the unlock symbol and is pushed down ready for a coil to be inserted, notice that the juice flow gate is closed down waiting for a coil to be inserted which when done will open the juice flow gate as well as raise the drip tip which can then be turned to the lock symbol as the device on the right shows, there is also a strip of chrome at the base of the drip tip that becomes visible when a coil is inserted. This system works very well.

20210116_115827.jpg

The recessed cutouts on either side make for a very ergonomic hand fit whether you thumb fire or finger fire, both ways work just fine. The device uses 2 buttons with the fire button being at the top and the up and down buttons being a rocker style with the type-c charging port being below them.

20210116_122700.jpg

The front of the device where the embedded display screen is located has a clear plastic cover over a carbon fiber looking front. The embedded display screen is practically invisible with a quick look at it, only holding it to get a reflection of light allows you to see it. A big thumbs up to Vaporesso for implementing the embedded display screen.

20210112_150643.jpg

The display screen is illuminated when either the fire button or up or down buttons are pressed. The display is very sharp and vivid with your information laid out nicely but some of the font is rather small, I can make it out but have to squint for the bottom info. The wattage selected is big and bold in the center of the display with your battery bar in the upper left, the mode you have selected is in the upper right corner. Under the wattage selected is a animated design that activates when vaping, below that is a best setting of wattage, next is your resistance with voltage sitting across it. And finally your puff counter with seconds puffed next to it.

20210112_150702.jpg

The Swag PX 80 can be scrolled in .5 increments or if held down it will scroll in 1 watt increments , it takes 5 seconds to scroll from the min 5 to 80 watts ( very quick ) and there is no round robin so speed is nice to have on this device.

MENU
    * Turning the device on/off - 5 presses of the fire button
    * Locking the wattage selection buttons - 3 presses of the fire button
    * Entering the menu - Hold down both up and down buttons
    * Moving through the menu - Either press the up or down button

USING THE SWAG PX 80

I have to say that at first glance that I was smitten and really hoped that I wouldn't find any serious problems with the device or Pod/Tank because of the elegant look it has. After priming the 0.2Ω coil it was time to see how the juice flow gate would operate so aligning the air slots on coil with the airflow slots of the Pod/Tank I inserted the coil and watched the juice flow gate open up as well as the drip tip raise revealing the chrome strip at the base of the drip tip and turned the drip tip to the locked symbol and filled it with juice.

After 5 minutes of sitting I tried it fully open at 40 watts to get a feel of the airflow and it's a DL at it's fully open position, I then closed the airflow to 3/4 open and hit my sweet spot even at 40 watts. Slowly increasing wattage to 50w improved my vape to a nice warm vape where it has remained for me. The Swag PX 80's airflow can be reduced to a very tight setting and still remain smooth, I found it smooth at any airflow setting and could actually breathe through it fully open so you air lovers will also enjoy it.

The second device was prepared in the same manner using the 0.3Ω coil starting out at 30 watts with the airflow fully open and the vape was good just a a little cooler. I then began increasing wattage and at 42 hit my sweet spot with airflow closed just a bit. I'm so glad that Vaporesso sent 2 devices which makes testing so much easier for a reviewer as well as it being a very big time saver.

Now came the moment of truth for both Pod/Tank's removal of the coils with 3/4 of a full tank of juice still inside. Both worked flawlessly with no spillage of juice upon removal or reinserting of the coil and have remained dry at the base of the Pod/Tank. I am getting a little bit of condensation at the airflow slots inner position, this is just condensation and not juice and nothing to really talk about but I did want to mention it.

I'm very happy that Vaporesso decided to stay with the GTX platform of coils for the Swag PX 80 because of their proven reliability as well as flavor and vapor production which held true in the review of both of these kits.

I have had both of the Swag's in operation almost only using them exclusively for a period of 6 days which is a shortened time frame that I normally give a device but having 2 to review at the same time made it easier to evaluate the Swag PX80, thank you again Vaporesso for making it easier.

PROS
    * Attractive and elegant appearance
    * Ergonomic
    * Instant firing
    * Almost invisible display screen
    * Soft textured leather
    * Type-C 2 amp charging
    * Replaceable 18650 battery
    * No sharp edges
    * 3 color choices for the display screen
    * Positive polarity marking inside the tube
    * 4 ML Pod/Tank
    * Fully adjustable external airflow
    * Locking juice flow control
    * Knurling on battery cap
    * Sharp and vivid display

CONS
    * No 510 connection
    * Font could be bigger

FINAL IMPRESSIONS

Well folks as I said earlier in my statements I was smitten when I first laid eyes on the Swag PX80 Kit and after using them both for about 1 week exclusively my feelings have not changed. This kit would be a great for not only a seasoned vaper but also for someone just starting out having everything that you need in a complete kit minus juice of course.

Staying with the proven GTX coils was a wise choice that Vaporesso made and although it's been done before on other Tanks the juice flow control gate on the Pod/Tank of this kit works flawlessly with no mess period! I 100% recommend the Swag PX 80 Kit. Great flavor, vapor and a very good looking device says it all.

I would like to thank Jasmine and Vaporesso for providing the Swag PX 80 Kit's for the purpose of this review and I also hope this review helped anyone looking to purchase the Swag PX 80 Kit. Pick one up folks it's a winner!!!

20210116_123850.jpg

THANK YOU
    BIGBOB2322

Last edited:

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Exactly right you are, why fix something that isn't broke. I don't know about you but for me having 2 devices to review makes it so much easier.

Yes, definitely easier with two and very generous of Vaporesso to send extra coils.

Reactions: Lio M

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Awesome review, I agree that the device is a eye candy. The brick version looks very cool. :)Vaporesso coils are the best and always in my daily use. I can't have enough stock on them.
    Top 2 coils for me. I do have a top 5 :D
    It just disappears in your hand , as you already know the GTX coils perform great and a smooth airflow seals the deal with great pros and a replaceable 18650 = WINNER!

• Agree
    Reactions: Lio M

Lio M

Feb 5, 2021
    Netherlands
    It just disappears in your hand , as you already know the GTX coils perform great and a smooth airflow seals the deal with great pros and a replaceable 18650 = WINNER!
    My hands a little bit tinny than yours Bob :lol: so it doesn't dissappear all the way but close to and yes its a winner :oops:

I love the device, don't forget to buy back up:)

Last edited:
    • Agree
    Reactions: bigbob2322
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread