hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Welcome. Today I have the pleasure of presenting a review on the new Vaporesso Swag PX80. I feel like Vaporesso has been releasing one great product after the next for some time. One great thing about a lot of these new devices is that they all use the well-known and liked GTX coils. The GTX coil series offers enough coils in different resistances that there’s a coil to fit just about every style of vaping. The PX80 is a new take on the older Swag series of devices with a new twist. Let’s take a look at what’s included in the kit and some specifications and pictures to get a better idea as to what I’m talking about.

IMG-4276.png

What’s in the box?

1* Swag PX80 Mod
    1* Swag Pod (4ml)
    1* GTX 0.2ohm Mesh Coil
    1* GTX 0.3ohm Mesh Coil
    1* Type-C USB Cable
    1* User Manual
    1* Warranty Card
    1* Reminder Card

IMG-4262.jpg

This is what was included in my review box.

IMG-4174.jpg

This is what will come in your box when you order the Swag PX80. Color will vary with your choice.

Vaporesso-Swag-PX80-Kit-Specifications.jpg

Features:

• 1. 80W max output
    • 2. Smooth adjustable rotating airflow
    • 3. 0.96inch embedded IML screen
    • 4. Anti-leaking system, e-liquid self-circulating system
    • 5. Triple-silicon structure
    • 6. Compatible with GTX Coils
    • 7. External single 18650 battery with type-c 2A fast charging
    • 8. Clean and easy coil replacing
    • 9. AXON chip with 0.001s insta-fire

IMG-4273.png

IMG-4274.png

Vaporesso-Swag-PX80-Kit-Adjustable-airflow.jpg

Vaporesso-Swag-PX80-Kit-Quad-leakage-protection.jpg

Vaporesso-Swag-PX80-Kit-Easy-coil-replacing.jpg

Vaporesso-Swag-PX80-Kit-IML-Screen.jpg

Vaporesso-Swag-PX80-Kit-A-truly-swag-pod-mod.jpg

Initial Thoughts:

First of all, I was pleasantly surprised that Vaporesso sent not one but two Swag PX80 kits along with two boxes of coils for the review. This makes it easier to do the review in less time since you can test one coil in each device at the same time.

I have always preferred the .3 ohm coil over the .2 ohm coil in the GTX line. The .3 better fits my style of vaping. I found that I liked the .3 coil at 35 watts with the airflow completely open while in the second unit I ran at 45 watts again with the airflow open.

I wouldn’t call the packaging that the PX80 comes in fancy or anything but it is simple and well presented. Once opened, everything is right there for you to see. It’s simple but pleasant packaging. Included in the kit is the Swag PX80 with the pod already attached, a .2 and .3 ohm GTX coil, USB-C charging cable, user manual, warranty card, and reminder card.

I have been a long-time fan of the GTX coils and have reviewed several other devices that use them. Some of them are the PM80, PM80se, Xiron, PM40, Gen Nano tank. There are probably more but those are the ones that I remember at the moment. I say kudos to Vaporesso for making yet another device that uses the GTX coils. They are very good flavor and vapor producing and are available in a wide range of resistances.

The PX80 Mod

Oh, where to start? To me the Swag PX80 is an elegant and classy looking mod. It has indentations on the button side and the opposite side to make it very comfortable to hold. It’s a fairly small mod and is close in size to the Aegis mini if you are familiar with that one but it is not as wide as the mini.

On one side there is the Embedded IML screen which is nearly invisible until one of the three buttons is pressed to illuminate the display. On the opposite side of the display is a nice padded leather with the Vaporesso name on the top right corner above the leather. Also on either side of the mod there is an airflow slot that is adjusted by turning the pod tank. Above the fire and + and - buttons on the top surface is the opening for the pod tank that has four strong magnets and two brass colored electrical contacts to meet up with the pod coil. Below the + and – buttons is the USB-C charging port. To the rear of the pod opening is the threaded battery cap which is knurled on the outside which makes it is easy to turn. On the inside of the battery cap it just says “Do not use batteries with broken skin”. The threading on the cap and mod are super smooth with no resistance when screwing it on or off. Inside the battery opening you will see that inside it is white with a large red plus sign indicating that the positive post of the battery goes down into the opening.

The side of the mod with the display is smooth to the touch but has a carbon fiber appearance underneath and the display is not viewable without activating one of the buttons. The embedded display at the top shows a small battery indicator with a very small “W” to the right of it. Below that is the wattage that is currently set in much larger font. Below that you will see “BEST” and a wattage range which is a recommended wattage range for whichever coil you currently have installed. Below that is the coil resistance and voltage and below that is the puffs and the length of time of the last puff. My eyes aren’t as good as they used to be and the puff number is a bit hard for me to see.

- To turn the PX80 on and off it is the all too familiar 5 presses of the fire button

- To enter the menu system, press the + and – buttons at the same time

- Inside the menu you will find VW, VV, Smart VW, Puff, Theme, Default, and Exit

- To lock the + and – buttons press the fire button 3 times

Under themes in the menu system, there are three color choices which are green, blue and pink.

We have seen the Axon chip in a few different mods from Vaporesso and it works as well in the PX80 as it did in the other mods. The difference being that it doesn’t have temperature control options in the menu. I think this is a good move on this device in order to simplify it for new and experienced users. Also since currently there is not a 510 adapter and the GTX coils are not useable in TC then it would be pointless to have that option in the menu.

The Tank, Pod, Cartridge or whatever you would like to call it
    IMG-4225.jpg

IMG-4213.jpg

IMG-3458-1.jpg

IMG-4233.jpg

As far as I know, the pod that comes with the Swag PX80 has not been given a name. Once again, I feel like Vaporesso has thought outside the box on this design. I have seen one or two other tanks or pods that can have the coil changed without leaking but not like this.

The pod has two slotted airflow holes that align with the slots in the mod that control the airflow. This I think is a good design. I was worried at first that perhaps with this that the tank would be too easily rotated by accident but that was not the case. The magnets do a good job of holding the tank in place but still allow it to be rotated to adjust airflow.

The base of the pod is metal with a rubber fill port plug on the bottom. I would have rather seen a top fill with this but it’s not a deal breaker. You will notice in the picture above that the coil sits flush with the bottom of the tank. This is necessary due to how the pod meets up with the contacts inside and is still rotatable to adjust airflow.

On top of the pod is the non-replaceable drip tip. There is a reason for this. On the top cap you can see that there is a lock and unlock symbol with an arrow. This is where this pod shines. You simply turn the tip to the unlock position and push down on it to pop the coil partially out of the bottom of the pod. It is then easily removed. No prying up on the coil with a fingernail or screwdriver to remove the coil. Best of all, when you push the tip down, it closes off the liquid ports so you don’t lose any liquid besides the little bit that is on the outside of the coil from being inside the tank. The pictures above show me holding the pod that I had just filled with the coil removed and no leaking. I have to say, well done Vaporesso. I don’t know about others but this no leaking coil change design is greatly appreciated. I have other pods that can be a mess to change a coil in.

I had absolutely no leaking on either mod during using it for the past week and a half. After several refills, the bottom of the pod and the top of the mod were absolutely dry due to the quad leakage protection. I even went as far as to run my finger around the inside of the mod opening to check for condensation and there was none. I was truly impressed as so many pods and tanks will at least seep some liquid over time or have some condensation.

IMG-4180.jpg

IMG-4181.jpg

IMG-4226.jpg

IMG-4215.jpg

Final Thoughts:

I have thoroughly enjoyed using both of the Vaporesso Swag PX80 kits that were sent to me for review. Vaporesso has once again put a lot of thought into design and function in order to produce a superior product.

The feel in the hand is great with this device. The cut out on both sides makes it very easy to hold and it is small enough that even my small hands can easily palm it with just the pod sticking up a little.

The user interface menu is simple and easily to navigate. With it just being VW, VV, or smart VW, it makes it very easy to use for new and experienced users.

The ability to use any and all of the GTX series coils should make it fit almost every style of vaping which is assisted by the adjustable airflow. I personally have tried all of the GTX coils including the rba coil. Many users may not be aware that depending on the resistance of the GTX coil that the available airflow changes. The higher the resistance of the coil, the more airflow there is available through the coil. So with the airflow of the mod set the same, the higher the resistance of the coil, the tighter the airflow will be to start.

I very much liked the design and function of the pod. The ease and cleanliness of coil changes along with the easily adjusted airflow control make it a real winner in my book.

So, would I recommend the Vaporesso Swag PX80 kit? It is a definite YES on this one. I plan on continuing to use this one in my rotation for some time to come.

I would like to thank Vaporesso and Jasmine for sending the Swag PX80 kits and coils for this review. Once again thanks to you folks that take the time to read my reviews. Below is a link to the Vaporesso site if you would like to take a look for yourself.

Vaporesso » SWAG PX80

IMG-4276.png

dennism

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 18, 2015
    Maryland
    Nice and very informative review, to be honest it's what I've come to expect with your reviews.
    Edit: The more I read your review and the more I look at it, I like it quite a bit.
    Would you consider it a good out and about device?
    About how long does the battery last?

Last edited:

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Nice and very informative review, to be honest it's what I've come to expect with your reviews.
    Edit: The more I read your review and the more I look at it, I like it quite a bit.
    Would you consider it a good out and about device?
    About how long does the battery last?

I think it could be a good out and about device. It's thinner than the aegis mini and depending on your hand size, you can about cover it up with your hand.

As far as battery life, as you know that's going to depend on wattage set and puff length. I got about 250-300 puffs on it before switching out the battery with the .3 ohm coil and a little less with the .2 ohm coil.

Great review as always Hitt, as much as I wanted this device to have a 510 and maybe a adapter will be created I think the Pod/Tank performs great with GTX coils as you stated, I am smitten with this little beast.

Thank you very much Bob! I have no doubt in my mind that someone will make a 510 adapter. I've always liked the GTX coils and they are a good fit with this mod.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Great review, but then, I wouldn't expect any less from your reviews. That is a nice looking kit I wouldn't mind picking up a few to pay it forward.
    Jerry

Thanks Diver. I’m very much liking it. It’s in my hand right now.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I've watched a few reviews on this and could only find 2 minor cons.
    1-fire button rattles
    2-wattage up and down buttons are too close together.
    Have you had problems with either of these?

If I shake the mod then the button will rattle but I don’t normally sit and shake a mod.

The wattage buttons are close together but once I find my sweet spot I don’t adjust. Also the buttons being close together make it easy to press both with one finger to access the menu. So I don’t mind them close together.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    good review @hittman !
    You reminded me that I have an un-opened Swag 2 which came with GT Cores, which I bought because I got a good deal and because I was stocking up.
    Now I have to open and try it, and figure out how it's different from your reviewed device.

The swag 2 came with a tank where this one has a pod. I never bought the swag 2 but do have the original. I very much like the Gt cores and stocked up on them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread