hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    It’s been a while since I have reviewed anything for VAPORESSO but am excited to be back with the new TARGET 200 kit that was sent to me by VAPORESSO for the purpose of providing a fair and honest review. The mod uses dual 18650 batteries and has a maximum output of 220 watts. I was surprised at how compact it was for a dual battery mod and it has a really nice hand feel with the water resistant braided material on the sides. The tank that comes with the kit is the new iTank that has an astounding liquid capacity of 8ml. It’s astounding to me anyway with most tanks I see that are 4-6ml capacity. The combination of the two make the TARGET 200 kit a very nice set up.

oAWrOGm.jpg

l9VL4NC.jpg

WHAT’S IN THE BOX?

AIz83SS.jpg

upload_2021-12-5_10-8-48.png

SPECIFICATIONS:

0QW32wK.jpg

Dimensions:

142.1* 42.8* 33.7 mm

Battery Capacity:

Dual 18650 batteries(not included)

Output Power:

5-220W

Charging Type:

DC 5V/2A, Type-C charging

Battery Display:

0.96'' TFT display screen

Compatible With:

Vaporesso iTank

Tank Capacity:

8ml

Filling Type:

Top filling

Coil Type:

Vaporesso GTi 0.2ohm/0.4ohm Mesh Coil

Color:

Carbon Black, Slate Grey, Navy Blue, Forest Green, Sunset Red

FEATURES:

• 1. Support dual 18650 batteries with 220W max output
    • 2. DC 5V/2A Type-C charging, 0.96'' TFT Display Screen
    • 3. F(t) mode in the AXON CHIP for more precise heating rate control and excellent flavor
    • 4. Newly developed iTank for more fulfilling DTL vaping experience
    • 5. Turbo airflow system and 3 air inlet for smoother airflow and better vaping
    • 6. Large 8ml e-juice capacity, easy top filling system
    • 7. E-liquid self-circulating system to reduce the leakage effectively
    • 8. Compatible with GTi 0.2ohm/0.4ohm Mesh Coil for extreme DTL experience
    • 9. Unique cage-like structure, compact and suitable for any occasion
    • 10. Braided water-resistant fabric, more durable and comfortable
    • 11. Mechanical structure and all-metal wrapped design, exquisite and unique

fx4MLcx.jpg

DNCrOO8.jpg

e9sVaWP.jpg

s7LWWXm.jpg

c07wHxR.jpg

hlwUOKh.jpg

jNDH3xZ.jpg

4DCmuOh.jpg

6vPcIHe.jpg

RDb80nS.jpg

P2uC42j.jpg

INITIAL THOUGHTS:

The packaging for the TARGET 200 kit was the usual outer sleeve that has a picture of the device on the front and the package contents on the back. I thought it was nice that they also included the specifications on the back also. That’s something that I don’t normally see. Once the box top was removed, I was a little impressed at how everything was laid out in the box and VAPORESSO even made the extra effort of putting a foam square over the tank to protect it during shipping.

upload_2021-12-5_10-31-13.png

upload_2021-12-5_10-31-30.png

I guess I’ll start at the top and work my way down on this one for a change of pace. Included in the kit is the new iTANK. This new tank holds a whopping 8ml of liquid. Even at that capacity it seemed like I emptied a tank fairly quick. That could have been because I was really enjoying the flavor produced by the GTI coils. The two coils included are the .2 and .4 ohm mesh coils. The .2 ohm coil is rated for 60-75 watts while the .4 ohm coil is rated for 50-60 watts. As is my usual routine, I ended up running the .2 ohm coil at 48 watts and the .4 ohm coil at 45 watts. I thought both coils produced very good flavor and really large amounts of vapor.

The tank has three air inlets to provide a very smooth airflow. I ran the airflow about half open most of the time and tried drawing through the tank without firing the mod and the airflow was very smooth and quiet.

upload_2021-12-5_10-32-16.png

upload_2021-12-5_10-33-29.png

The drip tip on the iTANK is replaceable as you would expect. It is for some reason a 510 tip. To fill the tank you just slide the top open to the side. There is a small mark on the top of the tank to show you where to push to open it for filling. This kind of reminded me of one or two other VAPORESSO tanks that I have tried. If I remember correctly those tanks you had to lift then slide the top. This new tank doesn’t have to have the top lifted. Just slide it open. There is a slitted gasket in the fill port opening. I’ve seen this on other tanks and am really undecided if I like it or not. It is nice to prevent spilling but if you use glass droppers to fill then it can get a little messy since the liquid on the outside of the dropper is stopped by the gasket.

upload_2021-12-5_10-34-12.png

upload_2021-12-5_10-34-31.png

Now let’s take a look at the TARGET 200 mod. On the front of the mod near the top is the fairly large fire button which I really like and find comfortable to use. Below that is the display screen which shows the following information.

- Set wattage

- Coil resistance

- Output voltage

- Puff counter

- Length of current puff

- Mode of operation

Below the display are the + and – buttons with the menu button below. Under the menu button is the USB-C charging port.

The button operation is as follows:

- Press the fire button five times to turn the device on/off

- Press the fire button three times to lock the adjustment buttons

- Press and hold the menu button to change modes then use the + and – buttons to scroll between F(t), Pulse, and Watts.

- Press the menu button three times to access the main menu where you will find:

1. F(t) Mode

2. Pul Mode

3. VWN Mode

4. DIY Mode

5. System Set

6. Exit

Inside each option there are different options that can be taken advantage of. I don’t really feel it’s necessary to list them all as it would very much lengthen this review and some people probably really don’t care.

upload_2021-12-5_10-38-22.png

The body of the TARGET 200 is a cage-like design with what I believe is a zinc alloy frame and mesh water resistant side panels. The cage design has assisted in making this unit fairly compact for a dual battery device. I find it very comfortable to hold and not too heavy even with two 18650 batteries installed. The only visible branding is on the back of the frame where the VAPORESSO name is stamped into the metal strip on the back. There is the Target 200 name on the bottom of the mod where the slide to open battery compartment is. The hinged door seems really solid and the underside is clearly marked with the battery polarity.

upload_2021-12-5_10-39-18.png

upload_2021-12-5_10-40-9.png

M80N7HP.jpg

The TARGET 200 has a raised plate on the top where the 510 connection is mounted with three torx screws. The top plate will only allow up to a 25mm tank base without any overhang. Of course the iTANK looks great on it but those that like larger tanks may complain about this one. I’m honestly not sure if this was done for aesthetics or if they just needed the extra room. You can see in the picture below that the surface was already marked after just having the tank on and off a few times.

1nEf56m.jpg

FINAL THOUGHTS:

I have to say that I have very much enjoyed testing the VAPORESSO TARGET 200 kit. It was rather refreshing to receive a DTL mod and tank for review in a market that has become one pod after another.

The AXON chip is in my opinion a very good performer. It fires quickly with what seems like no delay and has a plethora of user options. During my time testing it, I used it in the F(t) mode mostly. To me it seems like I get a little thicker or denser vapor in that mode. This isn’t anything new. Previous mods have had this function that I have reviewed before for VAPORESSO.

The new iTANK is in my opinion a very good DTL tank with three airflow inlets there is plenty of airflow for just about any user. It is also nice that it has an 8ml capacity which really helps with not having to refill as often because this tank can really go through some liquid.

I thought both included coils provided very good flavor and generous amounts of dense vapor. I ended up running both coils in the range of 45-50 watts which is below the rated wattage for these coils but with the airflow half open it was a very nice fit for me. Also, I didn’t get any kind of noise or whistle with the airflow on this tank which was nice.

About the only negative or con I could really think of with this kit is the raised 510 base that will only allow up to a 25mm base without overhang. Other than that, I can’t really think of anything else on the TARGET 200.

So, we’re here at the end again and you probably know the answer to this already but would I recommend it to you? If you’re looking for full blown DTL kit that performs well and gives great flavor then absolutely I would recommend it. Some may not like that it uses drop in coils but I got over 400 puffs on the .2 ohm coil and it was still working great when I switched to the .4 coil so I could test it for the review.

I’d like to thank VAPORESSO and Milo for sending the TARGET 200 kit for this review and thanks so much to the readers. You’ve done it. You made it to the end of another one of my reviews. As usual, there’s a link to the website below so you can investigate it further on your own.

TARGET 200 » Vaporesso

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Seems like a nice mod, but not for me, at least not the tank. I am to the point now where I have to give a thought to my juice usage, at this point, due the current vape laws. This one is just too profilgate in its use of juice. Thanks for the review though.

Maybe because it had good flavor but it seemed like I went through a tank pretty fast for me. You could always just get the mod without the tank. It’s available both ways.

Reactions: jwbnyc
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread