Vaporesso Target 80 - Review by Javichu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Javichu

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2020
Spain
Hello fellow vapers from all around the world,time for another review.

This time i will review Target 80 which is a pod kit from vaporesso,so let us start as usual with some nice literature with all the important information in the form of nice shiny pics.

Choice of colors:

vaporesso-target-80-mod.jpg

Dimensions:

1.jpg

Breakdown of all the components of the mod/pod:

2.jpg

Easy refill of the pod:

3.jpg

Wide selection of coils for this pod:

COILS.JPG

Specifications:

Dimensions: 130.9 mm x 38.3 mm x 30.8 mm.
Pod capacity: 5mL / 2mL (TPD)
Battery capacity: 3000 mAh.
Output power: 5-80 watts.
Charging current: DC 5V/2A Type-C.
Battery display: 0.96-inch TFT screen.

Contents in the box:

1 x TARGET 80 MOD
1 x GTX PODTANK 26 (5ml)
1 x GTX 0.2? MESH Coil (In-BOX)
1 x GTX 0.3? MESH Coil (In-BOX)
1 x Type-C Cable
1 x User Manual
1 x Warranty Card

Unboxing and first impressions:

As we are accustomed with Vaporesso the packaging of the kit is well done,all carefully placed in the box and the mod and the pod had no dents,fingerprints or residue of any sort of liquid.

Holding the mod it feels sturdy while not being being heavy,perfect size for any pocket or simply to have around the neck using the hook that comes sandwiched between the mod and the 510.

For me this is the perfect mod to carry around town,fits nicely wherever you want to put it and for most of us the 80 watt limit is more than enough to meet our vaping needs.

The pod....oh well,here we go.

Ho can such a beautiful mod have something so ugly on top.
Feels flimsy and like a cheap knockoff,it's like going to a 1 dollar shop and buying a toy that is named ''Iron Men'' instead of Iron Man,it will be cheaply made and look flimsy unlike the original.

This can be said for the pod,i just don't like the way it looks or feels in my hand.
I was supposed to get the Target 80 (iTank version) but got this one by mistake,just not a fan of how bad some pods look and feel,it seems to sit there like it doesn't belong.

Vaping Time:

I charged the mod straight out of the box,took about 53 minutes until it showed a 100% in the screen.

Turned it on and fiddled around to see all the menu options i had to work with,basic handling of the menu is pretty easy:

Click the fire button five times to turn it on/off.
Click fire three times to lock the adjustment buttons.
Use up or down to adjust wattage.
Hold the menu button to cycle through the three power modes.
Click the mode button three times to enter the menu.

Already had primed the coil and it was resting soaking up that nectar of the gods we call e-juice while the mod was getting charged.

Decided to start with the straight wattage mod and then switch to the “F[t]” mode to see how it felt.

Performance wise the GTX coils performed beautifully just as what we are accustomed for, great quality and outstanding flavor.

But i am weirded out...i don't like the pod.
I want to enjoy my vape but i really can't,refill system even if ''easy'' i don't really like.
Top cap is just too scrunchy when screwing off and on again even when fully lubricated it's just a cheap piece of plastic.
Easy to put on top but when you have to turn it just doesn't feel right,it is too short of a turn and i found myself wondering many times if i was screwed in properly.

Refill hole in itself felt a tad small,had to apply much pressure for the nozzle to go in and same pressure to remove the nozzle which led me to think that one day it will just get the small rubber detached from the refill hole.

Normally in my everyday vaping i use plain ol' wattage mode but since this is a review i had to give the “F[t]” mode a try.

To be honest i didn't really feel any difference,used same wattage for normal mode and for F(t) mode and it felt the same to me.

This is one of those times i really like a mod but despise the pod that comes with the kit.
Yes you can vape,yes you can a pleasurable vaping experience but that is because of the good quality of the GTX coils...pod can't really take any merit in that.

PROS

- Fast charging speed of the mod (about 1 hour and 18 minutes)
- Good looking mod
- Good sized mod,perfect for carrying in your pocket or around your neck
- Mod has a 510 connection
- As opposed to other mods with similar size this one has a big and well lit screen

CONS

- The pod
- ....the pod?
- and the pod
- Airflow ring is way too loose,gotta always be looking at the mod to make sure the airflow ring is in the right place.

Would i recommend this kit?

Tough question to answer because i am really torn.
Mod itself as of right now is in my daily rotation,love the size,looks and it has enough battery for me but the pod is clearly something i can't deal with.

In my honest opinion if you are new to vaping this is a very good kit to start with if you can get over the flimsiness and the looks of the pod,it just doesn't belong on a mod this good looking.

For veteran vapers i would also reccomend it but just the mod,instead of buying the kit just get the mod and you will be one happy camper.

Thanks to everyone for reading my review and thanks to my friends at Sourcemore for giving me the chance to review this kit.

If you wish to acquire this kit feel free to use this code:

$38.89 - Vaporesso Target 80 Kit
Code: TR80K

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread