Vaporesso target pm80 shuts off

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
My vaporesso shuts off and resets to 5...even when the battery is fully charged. To get it to turn back on you have to plug it into the charger. Anybody know why it's doing this?
Welcome and glad you joined.
Your problem could stem from many different causes.
Could contact:
Local B&M Vape shop (Visit)/someone who knows what their doing -----Might be simple.
Vendor who sold it ---see if they will repair or replace or advise (any authorized distributor).
Manufacturer contact ---see if they will repair or replace or advise.
re: Vaporesso

FatCatNat

Oct 25, 2013
North Carolina, USA
Thanks for the post. I have the same problem, with two different PM80's. You confirmed my belief that there is a defect in the mod that produces that result. I think it's due to the pod leaking and juice seeping into the circuit board space causing shorts are otherwise disrupting operation. No reply from Vaporesso tech support. Do you know if anyone else has reported these troubles.

FatCatNat

Oct 25, 2013
North Carolina, USA
More details needed like from out of the box? It did this, how long have you used it etc.? Based on what you are saying it sounds defective but it could be some sort of arcane setting or user error I guess.
Anna

Pls allow me to intrude in this convo. I've been through this twice since January. The biggest problem is radio silence from Vaporesso. I have several Vaporesso vapes and they are reliable. The PM80 is a great design and performance is amazing, when it works.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
IDK about this setup specifically. I did hear the gen mod (which I have and love) has a known and identified 510 issue. Mine did not, guess I got lucky.

I might post in the Vapresso area, unless my mind deceives me, it was noted by Vapresso that they were just finishing up a 5 day vacation so you might get an answer now? I have seen Vapresso fairly responsive on the forum it may be worth an attempt.

Good luck,
Anna

FatCatNat

Oct 25, 2013
North Carolina, USA
Welcome to ECF :thumbs:

You probable have browsed the web and Youtube searching for a solution before posting here.

I can only point you to Vaporesso sub-forum and hope you get it sorted.

Stay safe.

Thanks for the reply. Yes, the reviews I found addressing the leak issues was less than useful. Advised user to check the fill port rubber seal to assure it is tight and to to make sure the coil is fully inserted.

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

Tony87

May 24, 2020
My vaporesso shuts off and resets to 5...even when the battery is fully charged. To get it to turn back on you have to plug it into the charger. Anybody know why it's doing this?

Mine does the same thing now it shuts off constantly. Only way to get on is buy plugging into charger and sometimes that doesn't even work.

Tony87

May 24, 2020
Thanks for the post. I have the same problem, with two different PM80's. You confirmed my belief that there is a defect in the mod that produces that result. I think it's due to the pod leaking and juice seeping into the circuit board space causing shorts are otherwise disrupting operation. No reply from Vaporesso tech support. Do you know if anyone else has reported these troubles.
Same problem with mine

MLEJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2020
Pods are a decent idea but I've yet to see one that doesnt leak down into the electronics.
Surely true. i'm pretty new to vaping but, from all my research on pod kits, one thing i can say with near certainty is that they all leak some. I have a Nord because of the shop clerk's recommendation and a Wismec R80 because it's very solidly constructed and comes with a 510 adapter. I always remove the pods when the devices aren't in use and when i refill them. Every time I remove the pod, i check inside the well with my eyes and by dabbing it gently with a paper towel. If you don't overfill and both the fill port plug and the coil are seated firmly, leaking should be minimal while the unit is being used.

Maybe a bad unit, probably leaking onto the circuit board. Either way, it's probably a lost cause.
I spent a lot of time researching pods. The Wismec R80 and the Geekvape Aegis Boost were the only ones for which no one complained online about leaking. Whether that's because they leak less or because fewer people own them than others or because i didn't do enough research, i can't say. And some other pod kits & mods have come out since. i can say that my Wismec has only leaked once and that was because i overfilled it. There are some videos on Youtube showing how to minimize leaking. Good luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: Coyote628
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread