Vaporesso target pm80 shuts off

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2019
USA
I can say without a shadow of doubt that this is caused by the ingress of liquid into the mod and onto the circuit board.
My friend bought one of these, and me, being a vaper of many years, was interested in this new pod design.
When I tried his I was very impressed with how good it was, and after confirming that the battery would last a whole day I decided to order a couple from China and pack away the joytech I had been using for the last couple of years.
But within 2 weeks my friend reported this same issue, the resetting to 5, turning off by itself, not being able to restart, ect ect.
Thought he had bought a dud untill I received mine. Within 2 weeks the same started to happened to one of mine.
I had noticed there was small amount of juice in cavity between fills, no more than on most mods.
Almost like condensation build up.
I figured it might be leaking into the mod where the plate the pod sits on meets the body of the mod.
I decided to use some silicon sealant smoothed around the edge of this plate and also around the 2 gold pins to see if this would stop any ingress.
Since then (nearly 3 months) I have had no further issue.
The mod that had started to show a fault is working fine...No more issue.

VadUVb
View attachment 905919 View attachment 905921

It is poor implementation of a good design by Vaperesso.

Edit:
It would seem that other pod mods from other manufactures suffer the same problem.
I would say that it is an inherent problem with the design of pod mods.
The cavity that is left between the pod and body of the mod allows warm vapor to sit, where it condenses back to liquid when it meets the cold surface of the mod. Eventually it 'pools up' over time, and leaks into the mod if not sealed properly.
It's not all that there's some more experienced individuals that have actually taken apart the mod (I'm not saying more experience than yourself I'm just saying I wouldn't advise somebody new to do this). And they have found faulty wiring apparently the solder point is very very weak and is breaking off of the battery terminals. I imagine some of the people are having issues because of the leakage. If it had been just leakage I probably would go ahead and buy it because I also tend to use silicone that's not a big problem for me but I don't feel like going in and rewiring things not for a pod. There's a couple mods that I could perceive of opening up and resoldering. Of course these are not top of the line products but the majority of people that are having problems are encountering problems within 2 months of purchase and I think that's unacceptable. I also think it's unacceptable that Vape device manufacturers all the way up to Lost Vape do not care to properly seal their devices even though they know they're being used with e-juice. Of course with the Lost Vape as long as it's got a DNA the chip is waterproof so you don't have to worry too much but I think it's a shame...silicon is so damn cheap and it wouldn't take but two seconds for them to apply it in the manufacturing process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread