Vaporesso Tarot mini - 0.5 ohm coil vs. 0.3 - can you help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigger

Sep 10, 2019
Hi everyone,

I am a new member here. Together with my husband we quit smoking (after 30 years, 2 packs a day for each of us) in February. We are doing great with this Vaporesso Tarot kit, it might not be the best or very advanced, but we don't need it to be, we do not care about the vapors, but about the "throat hit". We only use nicotine (30 ml of base + a bottle of 10 ml with 20mg/ml nicotine).

We use 0.3 ohm ceramic coils, and the mod is set to 39 W , 0.00 v (it was the setup that worked for me when I bought it, after trying a few other settings in the shop. I do not know much about the physics part, I just memorized the settings).

The vendor where we buy coils sent us accidentally 0.5 ohm coils, it will take a while to return them. My question is: what settings do I need to change so I can use these 0.5 coils and get a result similar to the one I had with 0.3 ohms?

Bigger

Sep 10, 2019
Just use the same settings and it should be fine. It may be a little cooler so you can turn it up a bit if needed.
Thank you. When I bought the mod, I was told to not go over 40W, and I am wondering if that has smth to do with the power of the coil? So in a nutshell, it seems I won't be able to turn it up, I understood i can "burn the mod" if I go over 40W. And as we use the mod at 39W, the difference between 39 and 40 seems almost inexistent. Can I set this wattage to more than 40 with this other coil?

• Agree
Reactions: Izan

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hi and welcome,
The .5 ohm coil may need less power than the .3ohm coils.
IMO, start at 25-30 watts and increase if needed.
The tarot is wattage adjustable and can be used up to about 80 watts, however battery life will be brief.
As noted, it is probably best NOT to exceed 40 watts when using the .3 ohm coil. The coil may "burn up" but the device will be fine.
HTH
I

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
The mod will delivery exactly the same wattage to both, though as stated the 0.3 ohm coil will have a very slightly higher mass and therefore may take a very small amount of time to get up to heat, and may not get quite as hot due to it's higher heat flux.
I would be very surprised if you (or anybody) are able to tell the difference. If you do just bump the wattage up a couple of points.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
The manufacture will post recommended wattages either on the coil (get your glasses out cause it could be small print), or on the packaging. Their recommendations will have a high and low wattage. You can follow these recommendations, but you are also free to experiment for yourself. Just understand, the higher the wattage, the more vapor is produced at the expense of coil longevity. Meaning it will more likely burn out quicker. Go too high and it may just burn instantly (or within a very short duration.)

Lower wattage will give you longevity at the expense of vapor production. Go too low, and you may not get a satisfying hit.

Experiment, find your happy medium and have fun!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread