Vaporesso Veco One vs. Smok Stick X8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barry Badrinath

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2009
New Jersey
So I'm looking to pick up a stick/pen/tube mod to have something simple to throw in the pocket when out and about and from stuff I've found I've narrowed it down to these 2.

Can anyone who has either or both, or used them throw their hat in the ring?

Or is there one in this price range(low $20's to about $35) I'm totally overlooking? I'd pretty much only consider one with a top airflow tank like these 2 though, I want something as close to leak-proof as possible.

I have a small box mod and eventually will get a bigger and better one, so I'm only looking for a stick though.

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: stols001

Barry Badrinath

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2009
New Jersey
I feel like the Veco is a better device, but coil availability may hamper you... Smok coils are everywhere.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk
Once I get a device I like I always stay on top of ordering ahead online when I'm running low so I'm not super concerned, there are a number of sites with EUC's and they're cheap, relatively speaking.

Are you talking about the Veco One, or the Veco One Plus?

I'd probably go with the Plus for the extra battery and capacity on the tanks.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Once I get a device I like I always stay on top of ordering ahead online when I'm running low so I'm not super concerned, there are a number of sites with EUC's and they're cheap, relatively speaking.

Are you talking about the Veco One, or the Veco One Plus?

I'd probably go with the Plus for the extra battery and capacity on the tanks.
Either, but it's worth is to get the larger battery.

I was referring to local availability. Online sales are different. I can't get stuff shipped to me.

Barry Badrinath

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2009
New Jersey
Either, but it's worth is to get the larger battery.

I was referring to local availability. Online sales are different. I can't get stuff shipped to me.

Aaah true. In NJ we have a lot of vape stores, but you're right because the few I've been in lately have very limited Vaporesso stuff and no EUC stuff. It is always nice to be able to run out on a random Sunday or whatever and grab what you need though, there's no question you're right on that one too though.

Do you have both the Veco and the X8?

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Aaah true. In NJ we have a lot of vape stores, but you're right because the few I've been in lately have very limited Vaporesso stuff and no EUC stuff. It is always nice to be able to run out on a random Sunday or whatever and grab what you need though, there's no question you're right on that one too though.

Do you have both the Veco and the X8?
Actually, I have neither. I no longer use stick mods... Only mods with replaceable cells. I also no longer use coil based tanks... Only rebuildables. BUT, I have a lot of experience helping others with the kits...

Barry Badrinath

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2009
New Jersey
Actually, I have neither. I no longer use stick mods... Only mods with replaceable cells. I also no longer use coil based tanks... Only rebuildables. BUT, I have a lot of experience helping others with the kits...

Haha, so I have to ask then, what makes you feel the Veco is the better quality? Just the ceramic heads if I used them? All around QC? Better battery?

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Haha, so I have to ask then, what makes you feel the Veco is the better quality? Just the ceramic heads if I used them? All around QC? Better battery?
Generally better construction and coil price/longevity.

In fairness, there's greater versatility and availability with Smok heads.

jim_87

Resident Forum Lurker
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2018
USA
So I'm looking to pick up a stick/pen/tube mod to have something simple to throw in the pocket when out and about and from stuff I've found I've narrowed it down to these 2.

Can anyone who has either or both, or used them throw their hat in the ring?

Or is there one in this price range(low $20's to about $35) I'm totally overlooking? I'd pretty much only consider one with a top airflow tank like these 2 though, I want something as close to leak-proof as possible.

I have a small box mod and eventually will get a bigger and better one, so I'm only looking for a stick though.

Thanks in advance.
I would pick Vaporesso. They are good quality.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
I have neither, but I agree with Vaporesso. I have a few of their products and they perform very well. My experience with Smok products has been very hit and miss, and I used them for a long time because they are readily available in my vape shops.

I’ve bought all my Vaporesso stuff online, coils are quickest from eBay, cheapest from Fasttech.

Another one that looks good to me is the Eleaf iJust 3. Their stuff is surprisingly durable for the price point. And may be easier to get coils for.

Barry Badrinath

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2009
New Jersey
I have neither, but I agree with Vaporesso. I have a few of their products and they perform very well. My experience with Smok products has been very hit and miss, and I used them for a long time because they are readily available in my vape shops.

I’ve bought all my Vaporesso stuff online, coils are quickest from eBay, cheapest from Fasttech.

Another one that looks good to me is the Eleaf iJust 3. Their stuff is surprisingly durable for the price point. And may be easier to get coils for.
Yeah, this is more and more what I'm reading, though the with the X8 top air flow tanks I've read nothing but good things. With most of the other Smok stuff I read tons of stuff about leaking, but with these I've read they're mainly leak proof.

The only thing I'm worried about with the Vaporesso's is the new coils. Although they get a lot of rave reviews for flavor and ease of use/longevity, especially the ceramics, I often read how they have a long break-in period and taste like crap for multiple tanks, or have issues where eventually something happens, possibly with the o-ring on the Estoc and to a lesser extent the Veco's where the tank just gets a foul taste and there's little solid permanent solution.

I do love the small form factor on the 1500 Veco. Even though that's a small battery, it suits a great purpose for being out and about. Maybe I'll get both instead of buying one and separate extra tanks lol?

• Useful

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
Yeah, this is more and more what I'm reading, though the with the X8 top air flow tanks I've read nothing but good things. With most of the other Smok stuff I read tons of stuff about leaking, but with these I've read they're mainly leak proof.

The only thing I'm worried about with the Vaporesso's is the new coils. Although they get a lot of rave reviews for flavor and ease of use/longevity, especially the ceramics, I often read how they have a long break-in period and taste like crap for multiple tanks, or have issues where eventually something happens, possibly with the o-ring on the Estoc and to a lesser extent the Veco's where the tank just gets a foul taste and there's little solid permanent solution.

I do love the small form factor on the 1500 Veco. Even though that's a small battery, it suits a great purpose for being out and about. Maybe I'll get both instead of buying one and separate extra tanks lol?
I’m not having any trouble with the coils, cotton or ceramic. I think I prefer the ceramic, and the cottons do taste a bit cottony at first. Maybe half a tank? Certainly not more than a tank in my experience.

They drink the juice, but they are handling my high vg, super sweet and gooey candy flavors as well or better than any other coils I’ve used.

I have nothing bad to say about Smok tanks, since the only one I used were way back, before bvc was a thing. It’s their batteries that gave me a low opinion. Some were okay, and I’d get 6-8 months. Some a month, some doa. I got tired of throwing them away or returning.

For the same dollars eleaf has outperformed them by a long stretch, and I’m betting Vaporesso will too.

Barry Badrinath

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2009
New Jersey
I’m not having any trouble with the coils, cotton or ceramic. I think I prefer the ceramic, and the cottons do taste a bit cottony at first. Maybe half a tank? Certainly not more than a tank in my experience.

They drink the juice, but they are handling my high vg, super sweet and gooey candy flavors as well or better than any other coils I’ve used.

I have nothing bad to say about Smok tanks, since the only one I used were way back, before bvc was a thing. It’s their batteries that gave me a low opinion. Some were okay, and I’d get 6-8 months. Some a month, some doa. I got tired of throwing them away or returning.

For the same dollars eleaf has outperformed them by a long stretch, and I’m betting Vaporesso will too.
Yeah, I'm going to go with the Veco, just have to decide whether the One or One Plus. I'll just pickup a x8 tank as well, finding them on a few US sites for reasonable prices.

I have an Eleaf Pico 75w, great little mod, though I'm not a big fan of the Melo III Mini tank it comes with.

Now the real question, are the sales going to be so good this weekend that I need to wait, or just run with the solid prices I'm finding with the standard 10% codes? :?:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Smok tanks seem to be of better quality than their mods (at least of late) but I have found overall that I did not enjoy the one (smok) product I won, which was a smok stick actually, I believe with the Prince tank on top. I didn't use it, the fixed wattage output was far too high for me, although I did try it.

If you are interested in trying both, well it sounds like a situation where I may be able to help (and, I will add, I vastly preferred my Vapresso stuff as far as quality) I'd be more than happy to send you my smok product. It was a win, I wanted to try a Smok mod, and I did. Feel free to PM me, if you are interested I'd be more than happy to send you my kit (pretty much brand new). It was a win I won't use, and I've been looking for someone who might want to use it who is getting started or needing more gear and etc. I'd be more than happy to pack it up and send it your way (no charge, obviously) so if you would like that, just send me a PM. No worries either way, if you think you won't end up using it, well, someone will. It may take me a couple days to get to the Post office, but I'm more than happy to.

Anna

Barry Badrinath

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2009
New Jersey
Smok tanks seem to be of better quality than their mods (at least of late) but I have found overall that I did not enjoy the one (smok) product I won, which was a smok stick actually, I believe with the Prince tank on top. I didn't use it, the fixed wattage output was far too high for me, although I did try it.

If you are interested in trying both, well it sounds like a situation where I may be able to help (and, I will add, I vastly preferred my Vapresso stuff as far as quality) I'd be more than happy to send you my smok product. It was a win, I wanted to try a Smok mod, and I did. Feel free to PM me, if you are interested I'd be more than happy to send you my kit (pretty much brand new). It was a win I won't use, and I've been looking for someone who might want to use it who is getting started or needing more gear and etc. I'd be more than happy to pack it up and send it your way (no charge, obviously) so if you would like that, just send me a PM. No worries either way, if you think you won't end up using it, well, someone will. It may take me a couple days to get to the Post office, but I'm more than happy to.

Anna

Hey thanks so much for the offer! I just pm'ed you.

• Love

jim_87

Resident Forum Lurker
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2018
USA

I have the GT-8 coil in mine, and it tasted fine since the first inhale. They are great coils. I have over 150 puffs on this coil and still going strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread