Not open for further replies.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
I just discovered that the NRG coils that the Revenger Kit series use are actually stainless steel. Now why Vaporesso doesn’t mention that on the packaging of the Revenger X, Revenger, Revenger Mini or the coils I have no idea. Would seem to be a good marketing aspect since so many people are getting into tc rn.

I’ve been thinking about buying a new tank to I could try tc but fortunately I stumbled on a YouTube video tutorial for the X and in reading the comments that they were indeed ss. I put the mod in tc mode and yep it read the coil as ss. So no need for another tank that can use ss coils.

Btw the GT coils are used in the NRG tank as well as the newer Cascade tank which comes with an adapter. They are also compatible with the one of the Smok baby tanks. Can’t remember which one.

Always learning something new. Life is good

sara

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I’m pretty sure the nrg coils are all kanthal or ceramic. When they say stainless steel they are referring to the housing of the coil. I don’t understand why they advertise this way because no one cares what the housing is made of. The only pertinent information is the metal of the wire but this info is harder to find. To the best of my knowledge they don’t have any stainless steel wired coils. This has been discussed on this forum before and has led to much confusion. Hopefully this information is helpful to you guys and any future inquiries.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I just discovered that the NRG coils that the Revenger Kit series use are actually stainless steel. Now why Vaporesso doesn’t mention that on the packaging of the Revenger X, Revenger, Revenger Mini or the coils I have no idea. Would seem to be a good marketing aspect since so many people are getting into tc rn.

I’ve been thinking about buying a new tank to I could try tc but fortunately I stumbled on a YouTube video tutorial for the X and in reading the comments that they were indeed ss. I put the mod in tc mode and yep it read the coil as ss. So no need for another tank that can use ss coils.

Btw the GT coils are used in the NRG tank as well as the newer Cascade tank which comes with an adapter. They are also compatible with the one of the Smok baby tanks. Can’t remember which one.

Always learning something new. Life is good

sara
If you want a tank with factory coils that are stainless steel for tc mode you should try the uwell crown series. Their .5 & .25 coils are both ss. I use the original crown and it’s a great tank but if you want a newer tank I’d avoid the crown 2 (bad reviews) and try the crown 3. Good luck

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
The real magic with the NRG Sub-Ohm Tank performance happens within the GT Cores. Vaporesso has released a wide range of coil options; including a traditional cotton and their “signature” cCell Ceramic configuration (the ceramic replacement coils are, unfortunately, 50% higher in cost, $15.99 for 3x pack). Using Kanthal wire in all the current coils, users won’t have much use for the Temperature Control suites in the TC-enabled mods, but the Kanthal and Ceramics makes for superior flavor performance and top-notch cloud production anyway.

https://spinfuel.com/vaporesso-nrg-sub-ohm-tank-review/

Choose Suitable Modes and Watts for Your Revenger Kit!

Someone on the Vaporesso site answered a question saying the GT cores are SS. Looks like an answer from Vapresso employee So mayb,e they are now.

Last edited:

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
The only coil heads made by Vaporesso (that I know of) are in the EUC line.

$6.86 Authentic Vaporesso Ceramic EUC Coil Head (5-Pack) - 316L stainless steel / 0.6ohm(40-55W) at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

They perform well in TC mode for most mods' SS316 setting. However... due to their small size a coil gunking juice (you know, the ones that taste the best) will interfere with TC performance after a few tankfuls. I use them in my Estoc Mega until the gunk piles up a bit then switch to power mode until the coil gives up.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I like the EUC cells, but I haven't tried a TC coil yet. I am planning to at some point, though. :) I am waiting on a kit I won, but I am all ready to go (it does take the EUC coils, which I have liked the 1 ohm kanthal ones in other tanks... :)

Have fun experimenting, it sounds like they may have switched over but I don't know that much about vaporesso products generally, this will be my first setup. I keep hoping it will arrive "today."

Maybe it will arrive "today." IDK.

Anna

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
So I contacted Vaporesso thru their FB page and asked if the GT coils had ss coils. Their reply was the CCell does.

Attachments

• 778F5CAF-B0DB-43EA-B1E4-5E4AF66762D3.png
    778F5CAF-B0DB-43EA-B1E4-5E4AF66762D3.png
    540 KB · Views: 665

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
So I contacted Vaporesso thru their FB page and asked if the GT coils had ss coils. Their reply was the CCell does.
They may be stainless steel coils but reading that correspondence I need to point out some things. Your mod isn’t reading the coils as stainless steel when you put it in tc mode. Mods don’t read the metal in the coils. You can just as easily change it to titanium or other options. If you already know that than I’m sorry it just sounds like that was what you were saying. The other thing is when you asked that question on FB I’m not sure the person answering understood what you were asking. There may have been some language barrier and they just answered similar to all the advertising about these coils pointing out that the housing is stainless, like anyone truly cares. The wire is what matters. I could be wrong about all this but to me it seems like the coils are still kanthal and that person wasn’t understanding your question. That’s just my take for whatever it’s worth.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
I'd give'em a try in TC mode. If the TCR is set to SS in the mod, and when you fire it the mod doesn't see a resistance change that says "I'm a stainless steel wire," you'll either be kicked back into wattage mode or the mod won't fire at full power.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
They may be stainless steel coils but reading that correspondence I need to point out some things. Your mod isn’t reading the coils as stainless steel when you put it in tc mode. Mods don’t read the metal in the coils. You can just as easily change it to titanium or other options. If you already know that than I’m sorry it just sounds like that was what you were saying. The other thing is when you asked that question on FB I’m not sure the person answering understood what you were asking. There may have been some language barrier and they just answered similar to all the advertising about these coils pointing out that the housing is stainless, like anyone truly cares. The wire is what matters. I could be wrong about all this but to me it seems like the coils are still kanthal and that person wasn’t understanding your question. That’s just my take for whatever it’s worth.

Thanks for your response! You are correct that’s what I was asking the rep about tc mode. I’m very much still a noobie and know only what I read online about tc mode. So thanks for that info.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
Ok so I asked Vaporesso to clarify if the wore was indeed stainless steel in the GT Ccell coil and their reply was yeas and should be used in TC mode.

Nice to know after months of using it in VW mode.

sara

Attachments

• DB4F9470-C5D4-464D-B454-BDE256FD39ED.jpeg
    DB4F9470-C5D4-464D-B454-BDE256FD39ED.jpeg
    290.6 KB · Views: 449

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
That’s good to hear. I’m a big SS fan so the more companies putting out factory coils the better. Excellent job getting to the bottom of this mystery. You posting here will save many others lots of time trying to figure out if they can use them in TC. That’s why this forum is the greatest collection of vape knowledge in the universe. Dilly dilly

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
That’s good to hear. I’m a big SS fan so the more companies putting out factory coils the better. Excellent job getting to the bottom of this mystery. You posting here will save many others lots of time trying to figure out if they can use them in TC. That’s why this forum is the greatest collection of vape knowledge in the universe. Dilly dilly

Glad I could get this information! I’m looking forward to trying tc mode out especially after reading the paper that suggested temps under 450 dogs F were safer than higher temps. I’d like to max out at about 430ish for “safety” or should I say possibly an increase in safer vaping.

I think I’ll post this info on the coil page as well since no one seems to know this fact.

sara

• Agree
Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread