hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Yes, it’s me again. Back with another review. This time I will be discussing the vaporesso Xiron that was sent to me by Jasmine at vaporesso for the purpose of doing a fair and honest review. I really enjoyed testing the Xiron and hope that my review will help you decide if it would work well for you also.

What’s in the box?

• 1 x XIRON Battery

• 1 x XIRON Pod

• 1 x GTX 0.3Ω MESH Coil

• 1 x GTX 0.8Ω MESH Coil

• 1 x Extra Mouthpiece

• 1 x Type-C USB Cable

• 1 x User Manual

• 1 x Warranty Card

upload_2020-10-10_11-18-9.jpg

Specifications:
    • Material: Zinc Alloy + PCTG

• Dimensions: 46.48mm x 27.80mm x 92.95mm

• Battery Capacity: Built-in 1500mAh

• Output Power: 5-50W

• Coil: GTX 0.3Ω MESH Coil (32-45W); GTX 0.8Ω MESH Coil (12-20W)

• Pod Capacity: 5.5ml

• Filling: Top filling

• Display: 0.69" OLED Screen

• Charging: DC 5V/2A, Type-C

• Drip Tip: 810

• Colors: Blue, Red, Green, Silver, Black

First Impressions:

When I opened the packaging on the Xiron, the first thing I thought was that this is an attractive looking little pod mod. The mod portion of the Xiron kit is small but has a nice weight to it. The texturing on the sides I think adds more to the physical appearance than to any actual increase in gripping. The battery is 1500mah and has an ability to go up to 50 watts. On the display side there is a nice clicky fire button above the screen and the plus and minus buttons below the screen along with the USB-C charging port below those. On the opposite side is the airflow adjustment. One nice little feature is that the airflow adjustment ring is knurled on the outside edge to make it a little easier to turn with a fingernail.

The mod is turned on and off with five clicks like normal. Pressing the fire button three times will lock out the wattage adjustment buttons but you can still vape with it locked. Pressing the fire and plus buttons simultaneously will flip the display. If you press and hold both the + and – buttons then it takes you to the menu. The options are Smart VW, VW, VV, Default, and exit. By choosing Default and Yes, it will reset the puff counter on the main screen. Besides resetting the puff counter, it also reset the wattage back to 5W as if you had turned it on for the first time.

Although the display is a little small. I can read it well even with my old eyes.

The pod is clear and easy to see the level of the liquid which is a huge plus in my book. I get so sick of struggling to see my liquid level in my pods. The liquid capacity for the pod is 5.5ml which I also very much like. The fill port plug can be rotated out of the way for filling and I accidentally pulled it out of the pod completely once. The plug is simply press fitted into the pod.

The Xiron is compatible with the GTX series of coils which I am very familiar with after reviewing the PM80, PM80se, GTX Tank 22, and also work with the PM30 and maybe a few other devices I’m not familiar with. I feel like the GTX coils provide very good flavor and a decent amount of vapor depending on the resistance of the coil used. There are several options available. Since I have previously covered the entire line of GTX coils in other reviews, I won’t be repeating that in this review. I will just say that I like the flavor produced by these coils and the .3 and .6 ohm coils are my favorites.

Below is a picture of the Xiron beside the Forz TX80 and the Luxe II so you can get a better feel for the size of it.

Final Thoughts:

I very much like the Xiron and the fact that it uses coils compatible with several devices. I am normally a thumb firing person with most mods but found with the Xiron that I needed to use my pointer finger simply because if I thumb fired then I would sometimes block the airflow with my hand.

The magnets in the mod and pod are very strong and I experienced no movement and can easily pick up the device by the pod. Some might not but I like the flat drip tip that comes installed on the pod. The tip is removable so you can change it if you like.

I did get a little bit of condensation inside the top of the mod where the pod sits but not any noticeable leaking that I could tell. Overall I feel like the Xiron is a nice pocket size mod with a liquid capacity that can hold you over for quite a while. I got over 250 puffs on the counter with the .3 coil and still had a little battery left. However, I tend to start out lower on a new coil and work my way up on the wattage over a period of time. I know the rating for the .3 ohm coil is starting at 32 watts but I tend to run lower on most coils compared to their rating and liked it at 28.5 watts with the Xiron. I had the airflow about half open.

So would I recommend the Xiron? I would. It is one of probably the top two or three pod mods that I have tried. I very much like the hand feel and the GTX coils provide good flavor and vapor production in my opinion.

Thanks to Jasmine at Vaporesso for sending the Xiron to enable me to do this review and as always, thanks to any and all that read my reviews. Below is a link to the Vaporesso page if you’d like to take a look for yourself.

https://www.vaporesso.com/vape-kits/xiron

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I wait for your reviews, this reminds me of the Geekvape aegis Hero. Now which is better?

They are both great in my opinion but for me personally, the hand feel of the Xiron is a little better. As far as performance goes I think they are about equal.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread