Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Hello again and welcome back for another review, today's review comes to me from vaporesso and it's on the newest version in the XROS line called the XROS 2. The XROS 2 has a 1000mAh internal battery with a power output of 11-16 watts and is a MTL pod based system. Lets jump into it and get some information on the XROS 2 prior to my review.

Vaporesso_XROS_2_Kit_Cross_the_limits.jpg

COLOR CHOICES

_15.jpg

IN THE BOX

_17.jpg

Vaporesso_XROS_2_Kit_Specification.jpg

TIGHT OR LOOSE MTL

Vaporesso_XROS_2_Kit_MTL.jpg

ADJUSTABLE AIRFLOW CONTROL

Vaporesso_XROS_2_Kit_Water_Drop_Air_Inlet.jpg

4 LIGHT BATTERY LEVEL INDICATOR

Vaporesso_XROS_2_Kit_Tiding_Battery_Indicator.jpg

1000mAh INTERNAL BATTERY

Vaporesso_XROS_2_Kit_1000mAh_battery.jpg

_9.jpg

ROUNDED EDGES

Vaporesso_XROS_2_Kit_Refined_Curve_Base.jpg

DUAL DRAW ACTIVATION MODES - ( MANUAL OR AUTODRAW )

Vaporesso_XROS_2_Kit_Modes.jpg

_7.jpg

TOP FILL AND TYPE-C 1A FAST CHARGING

Vaporesso_XROS_2_Kit_Type_C_Charging.jpg

pc-xros2-10.gif

LEAK RESISTANT PODS

Vaporesso_XROS_2_Kit_SSS_Leak_Resistant_Technology.jpg

GREAT FLAVOR

Vaporesso_XROS_2_Kit_Great_Flavor.jpg

FULL COMPATIBILITY

Vaporesso_XROS_2_Kit_XROS_Pods.jpg

EXPLODED VIEW

Vaporesso_XROS_2_Kit_Exploded_View.jpg

UNBOXING AND FIRST IMPRESSIONS

Inside the package is the XROS 2 with the 0.8Ω mesh pod pre-installed on the device and the spare 1.2Ω round wire pod resting next to it with the braided type-c charge cord at the bottom, all paperwork being your user manual, warranty card and anti-counterfeiting information is neatly tucked inside a black open top envelope as vaporesso always does.

20210905_140711.jpg

My device came almost fully charged, when I plugged in the charge cord the 4 tiny but very bright LED lights lit up and began to individually light up and pulsate from the bottom light to the top light. After fully charged the 4 tiny LED lights remain solidly lit showing it's fully charged.

When the device is activated using the auto-draw feature or manual button press the LED lights light up as well showing you your battery strength by how many light are illuminated. I must say this is a very sharp and classy looking device especially the silver around the fire/power button, it really gives the XROS 2 a look of elegance.

20210905_143253.jpg

I like that Vaporesso has kept all the pods in the XROS family compatible with each other making it less confusing when purchasing replacement pods.

The 0.8Ω pod is a mesh pod that is fired with a power output of 16 watts while the 1.2Ω is a round wire pod fired with a power output of 11 watts, pre-installed on the XROS 2 is the 0.8Ω pod that has a protective sticker covering the 2 outer magnets as well as the 2 contacts of the pod so it will have to be removed before using.

This picture shows the sticker with the red highlighted areas, I'm also happy to report that the pods remain color coded for easy identification with the 0.8Ω having a red colored internal base and the 1.2Ω pod having a black colored internal base.

Airflow to the pods travels from the air inlets on each side of the device through the holes seen above and below the contacts.

20210905_151334.jpg

Inside the XROS 2 device where the pods are inserted are 2 powerful magnets on the outer portion with spring loaded contact pins between them, between the spring loaded contact pins is the auto-draw air feed tube.

20210905_150141.jpg

I know these airflow intake holes on each side of the device look very tiny and they are but there is plenty of air coming into the device for loose MTL vape. I'm also glad the vapor symbols on each side of the clear pods were kept.

20210905_163955.jpg

Charging the 1000mAh internal battery takes about 1hr at 1a, the type-c charge port is on the bottom of the device and that usually bums me out but because the XROS 2 is so light if the charge port was up top it would be falling over all the time because of the weight of the charge cord so I have no issue with it's placement on the bottom of the device.

20210905_160233.jpg

Vaporesso is calling the new airflow selector the water drop, which has a bubble at 1 end and tapers down to a much smaller opening that to me looks like a lightbulb laying sideways.

The airflow control lever is almost fully recessed and can barely be felt running a finger across it. Resistance of the lever is perfect, it's not coming off the setting you put it on unless you change it yourself. Airflow is pretty smooth with no funny sounds or whistle effects on every airflow setting that I have tried.

20210906_045309.jpg

For those of you that are not familiar with the XROS Pods filling them is a mess free experience because of the fill port membrane that is made of silicone and cut in a X pattern allowing a juice bottle tip to enter and fill then reseal itself when the bottle tip is removed. There is no worry of a juice backup because of the small hole on the pod that acts like a bleeder valve letting air escape when filling with juice. ( WORKS GREAT ) To get to the fill port simply snap the top cap forward or backwards to remove then snap back on when done filling. It's easier to snap the top cap off when the pod is on the XROS 2.

20210905_171337.jpg

20210905_163830.jpg

Vaporesso did some very nice upgrade when designing the XROS 2, the airflow on the original works great but now having a auto-draw feature on the XROS 2 I think it needed some changes to fully enhance this feature that works so well.

Having a increased battery capacity that's now 1000mAh is a nice upgrade giving us a additional 200mAh of vaping time.

Appearance of the XROS 2 exudes style along with function, simplicity, and convenience.

20210905_172248.jpg

USING THE XROS 2

The first thing noticed on the XROS 2 other than how nice it looks was just how lightweight it is, it can easily travel in a shirt pocket without any sagging.

I am normally a button pusher but was eager to test out the auto-draw feature and found it to be responsive at the 3/4 opening on the airflow selector.

I am not a tight or a loose MTL vaper but fall somewhere in between, with the airflow halfway I found my sweet spot not needing much force to get the auto-draw feature to engage. The vape is smooth and flavorful and warmer on the 0.8Ω pod that is more in line with my vaping style.

Battery indicator lights light up during your vape using the button or auto-draw letting you see the % of your battery capacity, these lights are very tiny but really give off a bright white light.

This is a very fast firing device having instant activation when the button is pressed or using the auto-draw feature. Some may say you can get a RDL vape from it but in my opinion it's made for MTL vaping.

In the week+ that I've been testing the XROS 2 it has never failed to fire or given me a drop of juice from the pods, it's a solid performer. I have even knocked it down off my desk twice and it fired without issue upon trying. I do 100% recommend the XROS 2 to all MTL vapers looking for a compact, light and stylish device that has good flavor.

I would like to thank Milo and Vaporesso for providing the XROS 2 for the purpose of today's review, I also hope my review answered any questions some of you might of had.

THANK YOU
    BIGBOB2322

Reactions: hittman
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread