hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I’m here today to share with you my thoughts on the XROS MINI by vaporesso that was sent to me for the purpose of providing this review for you. Some time ago I reviewed the original XROS pod device and still use it to this day for a pocket carry device at work. I was excited when I received this new updated version that has a 1000mah battery compared to the 800mah battery that was in the original XROS. It turns out that the battery isn’t the only difference between the two but I’ll get into that a little later in my review.

Vaporesso-XROS-Mini-Kit-Cross-the-limits.jpg

Vaporesso-XROS-Mini-Kit-Color-Available.jpg

WHAT’S IN THE BOX?

1* Vaporesso XROS Mini Battery
    1* Vaporesso XROS Series 1.2ohm Pod 2ml
    1* Type-C USB Cable
    1* User Manual
    1* Warranty Card

upload_2021-8-11_19-13-46.png

IMG-6015.jpg

SPECIFICATIONS:

Dimensions: 98.9*23.4*13.5mm

Pod Capacity: 2ml

Pod Specification: 1.2ohm Pod (included), 0.8ohm Pod (not included, compatible)

Output Wattage: 11W/16W

Battery Capacity: 1000mAh

Charging: Type-C, 5V/1A

Color: Black, Space Grey, Silver, Grape Purple, Orange Red, Lime Green

Vaporesso-XROS-Mini-Kit-Specifications.jpg

FEATURES:

1. Provide the best MTL vaping

2. 1000mAh built-in battery capacity

3. Diamond pattern design

4. Great non-slip and overall feeling in-hand

5. Easy top filling system, mess-free

6. SSS Leak-resistant technology

7. 1.2ohm/0.8ohm mesh coil resistance

Vaporesso-XROS-Mini-Kit-1000m-Ah.jpg

Vaporesso-XROS-Mini-Kit-Compact-Size.jpg

Vaporesso-XROS-Mini-Kit-Diamond-Pattern.jpg

Vaporesso-XROS-Mini-Kit-Refined-Curve-Base.jpg

Vaporesso-XROS-Mini-Kit-Top-fillings.jpg

Clipboard01.jpg

Clipboard02.jpg

INITIAL THOUGHTS:

I was very happy to see another XROS pod device coming to market. I’ve been a long time user of the original since it was first released. It just checked all the boxes for me as a pocket carry small device for work. The package that the XROS MINI comes in is a rather small box with a slide out tray that contains the device with the 1.2 ohm pod already installed and USB-C charging cord as well a user manual and anti-counterfeit card. There is a sticker over the bottom of the pod to protect from accidental firing before the pod is filled and must be removed before use.

upload_2021-8-11_19-26-43.png

upload_2021-8-11_19-27-3.png

Yes, you’re reading that correctly. There was only the one 1.2 ohm pod included in the kit. This is something I’ve run into on a couple other devices that I’ve reviewed before but not necessarily from VAPORESSO. I really think there should always be a second pod or coil included with every kit in case the person buying it gets a bad one then they just can’t use the device.

On the front of the XROS MINI is a textured diamond pattern that I like very much and gives a nice hand feel as opposed to the smooth finish on all sides of the original. Also on the front is the VAPORESSO name with a small LED indicator above the name. This indicator tells your battery level and lights whenever you take a puff. There isn’t a button on this one so it’s auto draw activated only. The indicator lights whenever a pod is installed or removed also. The three indicators are:

Green = High

Blue = Medium

Red = Low

There is a single small airflow hole on each side of the MINI and just a small VAPORESSO logo near the bottom of the device on the back side. The original XROS had a slide airflow control on the back side but the MINI does not have an adjustable airflow control. I kind of miss that on this one. The draw on the MINI is what I consider to be a fairly tight MTL and is fine for what it is but I usually like a little more airflow. Once again I wish the .8 ohm pod had been included so I could see if there was a difference in the amount of airflow available between the two pods.

The bottom is now curved to create a 150 degree curve on the bottom of the device which might sound like an unimportant change but it helps to soften the hand feel compared to the original that was squared off on the bottom. The USB-C charging port for the 1000mah battery is located on the bottom of the device. The MINI delivers 11 watts of output with the included 1.2 ohm pod and is rated for 16 watts with the .8 ohm pod that can be purchased separately.

The top of the MINI is similar in design to the original as it contains two magnets on the outside edges with the two gold plated contact pins slightly inside those and the airflow control sensor opening in the middle.

upload_2021-8-11_19-27-57.png

upload_2021-8-11_19-28-16.png

upload_2021-8-11_19-28-33.png

upload_2021-8-11_19-28-56.png

Like I mentioned earlier the 1.2 ohm pod has a pretty tight MTL draw. At first glance the pod appears to be the same as the ones used in the original XROS. However, VAPORESSO has adopted the SSS leak proof design used on the newer GTX coils and included it in the new improved XROS pods. The old pods will still work on the MINI and the new pods will work with the old XROS. Kuddos to VAPORESSO for keeping cross compatibility in mind once again just like they have done over the years with the GTX coils and multiple devices that can use those.

Vaporesso-XROS-Mini-Kit-Mesh-Pod.jpg

Vaporesso-XROS-Mini-Kit-Leakproof.jpg

The coils in the pods are not replaceable just like the original XROS pods. Also the fill method is the same. Simply push on the wide side of the mouthpiece to pop it off and there is a fill port on one side with a gasket and another hole on the other side to allow air to escape while filling. I simply love this type of fill design. Also I’m very glad that VAPORESSO has kept the pods clear so that the liquid level is easily visible.

upload_2021-8-11_19-35-8.png

upload_2021-8-11_19-35-28.png

upload_2021-8-11_19-35-47.png

On the bottom of the pod there are two magnets and the two gold plated contacts along with the airflow opening. The magnets are plenty strong and will pull the pod into the battery once it gets close enough. It’s a nice touch that the pod resistance is clearly marked on the bottom the pod. The pod has a 2ml capacity which is pretty average for a smallish pod device such as this.

image0.jpg

FINAL THOUGHTS:

I think the XROS MINI will be a good fit for those looking for a tight MTL draw on a simple auto fire device. It’s no frills with just a single light on the front to indicate the battery level. I prefer a little more airflow myself and would be curious to see if the .8 ohm pod would allow more airflow if it had been included in the kit.

The MINI is very similar to the original XROS but shorter while having an extra 200mah of battery compared to the original. There are the subtle design changes with the diamond pattern on the front and the curved bottom. However, I miss the airflow control that the original had on it so I could dial it in how I like it.

IMG-6039.jpg

IMG-6041.jpg

I used the XROS MINI for a little over a week at work which is where I use pods. I normally prefer mods with tanks but need a small device that is able to be discretely pocket carried at work and the MINI fit that bill. I had zero leaking or condensation with it over that period and several refills. I even let it sit in a drawer at work over the weekend and came back and there was no leaking. It seems like a lot of tanks or pods will eventually leak if left sitting unused. This one has not leaked a drop.

So, would I recommend the VAPORESSO XROS MINI? If you’re looking for a simplistic device to pocket carry that has a tight MTL draw and a battery that seems to last a long time with the 1.2 ohm pod then yes.

I’d like to thank VAPORESSO and Milo for sending the XROS MINI for this review. If this one doesn’t quite fit your style then hang on because there’s more to come. A great big thanks to you the readers! Below is a link to the website if you would like to browse.

Xros Mini » Vaporesso

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread