hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Hello again. I’m here today with another review for a product that was sent to me by vaporesso. This time I was sent the XROS NANO pod device in order to provide a fair and honest review by vaporesso. I have been a long time user of the original XROS and more recently the XROS 2. I received both for reviews and liked them enough that I use them for pocket carry at work daily. The NANO is the latest in the XROS series after the XROS MINI. The NANO is more square in shape where the previous models were rectangular much like most pod devices that we have seen on the past but I have seen a few with a similar shape as the NANO on the market. It uses the Axon chip and has a 1000mah battery while the pods are compatible between all XROS models which continue to use the SSS leak resistant design starting with the XROS 2. The original XROS didn’t come with those SSS pods and I did get a little seepage but have had none with the new pods.

QX8Mg3r.jpg

0NV3M2H.jpg

WHAT’S IN THE BOX?

1* Vaporesso XROS Nano Battery

1* XROS Series 0.8ohm Mesh Pod

1* XROS Series 1.2ohm Pod

1* Type-C USB Cable

1* Lanyard

1* User Manual

1* Warranty Card

IYCx2C7.jpg

0VLO4Su.jpg

SPECIFICATIONS:

Dimensions 14.9*48.8*63.1mm

Pod Capacity 2ml

Pod Resistance 0.8ohm/1.2ohm

Battery Capacity 1000mAh

Charging Type-C, 1A

Color Silver, Space Grey, Black, Green, Yellow, Pink

mLoWBQn.jpg

FEATURES:

1. Compatible with XROS series pods

2. Consistent & great flavor till the last puff

3. Accurate airflow control

4. Clamshell top filling

5. SSS leak resistant technology

6. Tiding battery indicator

n1MgjoT.jpg

exyAdNh.jpg

gR9Wu2Y.jpg

QCnTqYt.jpg

INITIAL THOUGHTS:

The packaging for the NANO is simple but nice. On the front it shows an image of the device inside with a few features listed below. On the back of the box it shows a list of the contents along with the specifications. Once the outer cover is slid off it exposes the device with the mod with the .8 ohm pod already installed. From there, lift the tab on the bottom labeled accessory box and you will find the 1.2 ohm pod, charging cable, and instructions.

0eUGZWT.jpg

OkDOigL.jpg

upload_2022-1-30_12-25-9.png

On the front of the device is the VAPORESSO name printed along with four battery indicator lights. The battery level is indicated as follows.

- 4 lights= 80-100%

- 3 lights= 60-80%

- 2 lights= 30-60%

- 1 light= 30%< or =

WBmGhwl.jpg

On one side is the sliding airflow control with a single airflow hole near the top. To be honest, I found the airflow control a little awkward to get it set where I wanted since it is a bit stiff and there isn’t much travel on it. The NANO is draw activated only so there isn’t a fire button which may disappoint some people. With the shape and size of it, I have a hard time imagining where you might put a button and it be comfortable to use. It is nice that the pods are clear and it is somewhat visible from the side while the pod is installed.

On the opposite side is a single opening near the top. The bottom of the device is where you will find the USB-C charging port. It only has a 1A charging rate so this one isn’t going to be a quick charger but with 1000mah battery it lasts quite a while. It might have been nice if the charging port was on the side instead of the bottom. Not only to stand while charging but to keep from picking up debris into the charging port if you stand it up on a table or desk when not using it.

g0XW6P9.jpg

KU7Q3GD.jpg

IX6dgdS.jpg

The opening where you insert the pod is just like on the other XROS devices. It has to be so that it can use the same pods. There are two magnets along with two gold plated spring loaded contacts that make connection with the bottom of the pod. It’s a little hard to see in my picture but also is the airflow sensor opening. The right side of the top seems like wasted space and I keep wanting it to open up for storage or something although I’m sure that’s where the battery is inside.

The pods included are .8 ohm and 1.2 ohm and are the same ones that are included in the XROS 2 and XROS MINI. I don’t feel it’s necessary to cover them in detail again since I have already in both previous reviews. I will just say that the pods give good flavor and seem to last me a long time. I get no leaking at all like I did with the pods from the original XROS. Those weren’t bad but I got in a habit of removing the pod and giving it a quick wipe when refilling. I am however guilty of using them much longer than recommended. I use a simple clear mint mix in them and it doesn’t seem to gunk the coils so I continue to use the pods as long as I can. I am still using one of the original pods from the XROS 2 review I did months ago and it’s still working fine with no leaking. However, if you’re using a darker or sweeter liquid then I’m sure the pods won’t last as long.

upload_2022-1-30_12-32-43.png

upload_2022-1-30_12-33-1.png

fPwHRHf.jpg

FINAL THOUGHTS:

I personally feel like this device works as well as the other XROS devices that I like and use. To me this is basically the same thing in a different package. I’m not knocking it since some people may prefer the square shape of the NANO. It might be because I’ve been using the other XROS pods for so long but I really don’t like the shape of this new one and find it a little awkward to hold and use with the pod sitting on one side. Perhaps if it was centered then I may have liked it more. This is just my personal opinion.

The pods work well and have had zero leaking from this new version of the pods with SSS leak resistant technology. Put simply, it works even after extended use I’ve gotten no leaking from these pods. I’m glad they included an airflow adjustment since that can become a deal breaker if it doesn’t have one for some people.

I would have preferred for the charging port to have been put on the side rather on the bottom but it’s not a big deal. I like that the mod has four battery level indicators but feel like having four is a little redundant and not really necessary. Three lights or a simple green, blue, red indication would have been fine. Also with only a 1A charging rate you’re looking at near an hour to fully charge from dead.

If you like the shape of the new NANO then this may be a good one for you. The pods are very good in my opinion so it’s hard to go wrong with any of the XROS devices and it is nice to have compatibility across four devices. So here I am at the end again. Thanks to Vaporesso for sending the XROS NANO POD for this review. Thanks go out to the readers that come back time and time again to read my reviews. Below is a link to the website for you.

XROS NANO » Vaporesso

upload_2022-1-30_12-34-29.png

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Nice review, Hitt. I bought one of the previous versions after you reviewed it. I’m not a fan of small squares, or non changeable coils, but for those that do this should be a solid choice.

Thanks. So did you not like the regular Xros? If not send me a pm and maybe we can work something out.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    Thanks. So did you not like the regular Xros? If not send me a pm and maybe we can work something out.
    I liked it fine. I just tend to use the onnix 2 more now. If the SIL didn’t “borrow” it, I’ll let you know. He loves pods, especially mine :rolleyes:. That, and I won’t let him dig through my mods and tanks these days.

Reactions: hittman

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I liked it fine. I just tend to use the onnix 2 more now. If the SIL didn’t “borrow” it, I’ll let you know. He loves pods, especially mine :rolleyes:. That, and I won’t let him dig through my mods and tanks these days.

Well isn’t that convenient. For him at least.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Im a big fan of pod without power button.just like my ursa nano.i like my caliburn g, but sometimes i was forgot to turn it off and put it in my pocket,then i think u know the next story.

I think ill get this one. Tx u for ur review.great review as always

Thanks for checking it out.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Very nice review Hit, did you notice the pulsing sound when using yours, on mine it's noticeable in a quiet room, and can get annoying sometimes.

I read that it has a pulsed output but no I really didn't notice it.

Reactions: bigbob2322
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread