Vaporesso XTRA Review by Aliraonz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aliraonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2020
New Zealand
I am doing this review first of all because I have become more confident in doing them and mainly because I love my two vaporesso XTRA pods and I hope I can share some relevant information and my personal opinions about this device with our vaping community.

First some information taken from vaporesso website. Picture attached.
All.jpg

Here is the link in case you want to know more

Xtra » Vaporesso

Inside the Box

• 1 x Vaporesso XTRA Pod Device
  • 1 x Vaporesso Meshed 0.8ohm Unipod
  • 1 x Vaporesso 1.2ohm Unipod
  • Micro USB cable
  • User manual
  • Warning card
  • Warranty card
  • Reminder card
In the box.PNG

I have two Vaporesso XTRAs, one I won on a contest here in ECF and I bought another one to use at work. The colours I have are silver resin and grey resin.

Xta colours.jpg
This is a draw activated device. With every draw the LED light will light up, colours will indicate battery level which can be checked by pressing the on/off button:

Green – 71% to 100%
Blue – 31% to 70%
Red – 0% to 30% - Time to charge

The micro USB port is located at the front of the device and I had no issues with this at all. Using the micro USB cable provided is just plug it to the micro USB port allowing the device to be charged upright. LED light blinks green while charging and once is fully charge the green LED will stay green without flashing. Charge from completely depleted battery to full took around an hour.

pc.jpg

The beauty of this device is that it has an on and off button at the bottom of the unit, five clicks on, five clicks off. It also has some venting for the internal battery. At the top it has the pod and a hole to use a lanyard.

Device.jpg

Exploded View:

exploded-view.jpg

The device is small, very ergonomic, fits nicely on the hand and very stealthy.

thumbnail_IMG_0124.jpg

The pods can hold 2 ml of juice and it has a rubber plug on the side to fill, the hole is big enough to let the air out. The pod is slightly tinted, easy to see the juice level and refill during the day, a bit less easy when it is dark.

The two pods that come with the kit are 1.2ohm (grey rubber plus) and 0.8ohm Mesh coils (red rubber plug). This way is easy to distinguish between both.

Pods both.jpg

The pod connects to the device using two strong magnets, I can lift the device just by holding the mouthpiece. The pod once inside does not move at all.

thumbnail_IMG_0128.jpg

The side rubber plug is easy to open and hold while refilling, the liquid will move easily inside the pod. I used a 10 ml and 100 ml bottle, no issues with either to refill. Something to note is that sometimes one can get a slight build up of juice at the bottom. Easy to clean with a tissue.

thumbnail_IMG_0133.jpg

The firing time of the XTRA is fast and the draw activation works flawlessly. I must mention this device does not have airflow control.

I started with 1.2ohm pod (grey), for me a is loose MTL but I can happily do both an airy MTL or a very restricted DL which is what I like, and flavour is very good.

With the 0.8ohm (red) in my opinion is to airy for a MTL, this pod is more of a restricted DL, quite flavoursome, and for this reason this one is my favourite pod.

The XTRA has taken a permanent spot for my daily carry around device because it stealthy, I get good flavour and is a solid and quite pretty device. I have one for home and one at work.

Positives
  • Solid device. Excellent construction and nice finish.
  • Very comfortable to hold and small.
  • Good flavour.
  • Smooth draw activation.
  • Mouthpiece has a comfortable shape.
  • Strong magnets.
  • Enough battery life to last me almost a day for carry around.
  • On/off button.
Negatives
  • Sometimes I found it hard to see the juice when refilling in reduce light.
  • Pods have at times liquid build up at the bottom of the unit (easy to wipe off)
Wishlist
  • Transparent pod under the mouthpiece.
  • Ability to swap coils instead of the whole pod.

In conclusion, I would recommend Vaporesso XTRA to any pod user and beginner vaper, perfect for a small carry around device for those stealth puffs. I love mine and the flavour is pretty good. Overall a great pod system.

Thanks to @Vaporesso_Chelsea for the contest and the XTRA I won.

Resistance

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2020
I am doing this review first of all because I have become more confident in doing them and mainly because I love my two Vaporesso XTRA pods and I hope I can share some relevant information and my personal opinions about this device with our vaping community.

First some information taken from Vaporesso website. Picture attached.

Here is the link in case you want to know more

Xtra » Vaporesso

Inside the Box

• 1 x Vaporesso XTRA Pod Device
  • 1 x Vaporesso Meshed 0.8ohm Unipod
  • 1 x Vaporesso 1.2ohm Unipod
  • Micro USB cable
  • User manual
  • Warning card
  • Warranty card
  • Reminder card

I have two Vaporesso XTRAs, one I won on a contest here in ECF and I bought another one to use at work. The colours I have are silver resin and grey resin.

This is a draw activated device. With every draw the LED light will light up, colours will indicate battery level which can be checked by pressing the on/off button:

Green – 71% to 100%
Blue – 31% to 70%
Red – 0% to 30% - Time to charge

The micro USB port is located at the front of the device and I had no issues with this at all. Using the micro USB cable provided is just plug it to the micro USB port allowing the device to be charged upright. LED light blinks green while charging and once is fully charge the green LED will stay green without flashing. Charge from completely depleted battery to full took around an hour.

The beauty of this device is that it has an on and off button at the bottom of the unit, five clicks on, five clicks off. It also has some venting for the internal battery. At the top it has the pod and a hole to use a lanyard.

Exploded View:

The device is small, very ergonomic, fits nicely on the hand and very stealthy.

The pods can hold 2 ml of juice and it has a rubber plug on the side to fill, the hole is big enough to let the air out. The pod is slightly tinted, easy to see the juice level and refill during the day, a bit less easy when it is dark.

The two pods that come with the kit are 1.2ohm (grey rubber plus) and 0.8ohm Mesh coils (red rubber plug). This way is easy to distinguish between both.

The pod connects to the device using two strong magnets, I can lift the device just by holding the mouthpiece. The pod once inside does not move at all.

The side rubber plug is easy to open and hold while refilling, the liquid will move easily inside the pod. I used a 10 ml and 100 ml bottle, no issues with either to refill. Something to note is that sometimes one can get a slight build up of juice at the bottom. Easy to clean with a tissue.

The firing time of the XTRA is fast and the draw activation works flawlessly. I must mention this device does not have airflow control.

I started with 1.2ohm pod (grey), for me a is loose MTL but I can happily do both an airy MTL or a very restricted DL which is what I like, and flavour is very good.

With the 0.8ohm (red) in my opinion is to airy for a MTL, this pod is more of a restricted DL, quite flavoursome, and for this reason this one is my favourite pod.

The XTRA has taken a permanent spot for my daily carry around device because it stealthy, I get good flavour and is a solid and quite pretty device. I have one for home and one at work.

Positives
  • Solid device. Excellent construction and nice finish.
  • Very comfortable to hold and small.
  • Good flavour.
  • Smooth draw activation.
  • Mouthpiece has a comfortable shape.
  • Strong magnets.
  • Enough battery life to last me almost a day for carry around.
  • On/off button.
Negatives
  • Sometimes I found it hard to see the juice when refilling in reduce light.
  • Pods have at times liquid build up at the bottom of the unit (easy to wipe off)
Wishlist
  • Transparent pod under the mouthpiece.
  • Ability to swap coils instead of the whole pod.

In conclusion, I would recommend Vaporesso XTRA to any pod user and beginner vaper, perfect for a small carry around device for those stealth puffs. I love mine and the flavour is pretty good. Overall a great pod system.

Thanks to @Vaporesso_Chelsea for the contest and the XTRA I won.
Well detailed and thorough.Awesome review!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread