Vaporesso's Xtra Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pizzadave80

ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2016
Hi guys, as part of my usual vape review status, I start to look into new devices and see what the general public is thinking about products. I wanted to see what your thoughts were on the vaporesso Xtra. I have been wondering how the companies would come back from the time away, but it seems like they are resuming where they left off and releasing pod systems and AIOs as expected. The Xtra looks to me like Vaporessos attempt at taking down the likes of the Caliburn, so I guess we will see after testing.

As always, if I get one for review, you will get an honest review, rather than a Rip Trippers-Like Hype piece!

SP013

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
To me it looks like a very nice tiny pod that is very simple to use, I don't even see buttons? It is a bit similar in design as the Voopoo Nano, but probably with a much better vape experience (I did personally not like the Nano much).
Actually I see a power button on the bottom, curious how that functions, click or slide?

Reactions: Tim Wiseman

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
It looks really small, which I like. I would be interested in how the airflow is like in it. What I have found in trying out different pod systems is that either the airflow is very restrictive (good for MTL vapers, not so good for DL vapers), or they have a tendency to leak. If the pod system is small, then it seems like it would be more comfortable to use if the power button is towards the bottom. After trying different pod systems, I think the best one that I have experienced so far is still the Orion Plus. The new mesh coil with the Plus is a huge improvement over the original coils that came with the Orion DNA GO. Luckily Lost Vape came out with a firmware update which upgraded my DNA GO's into Plus. I think the sticking point for me will be the small 900 mah battery. Being a chain vaper, I have a feeling that I would go through 2 or 3 of them (full charges) a day.

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    Xtra, I like how it looks...

I recently tried Osmall from Vaporesso, a 1.2ohm coil pod (Unipod) is fantastic for MTL!
    Vaporesso says that the coils are made with a new cotton material to enhance the flavor and this works really well.

For XTRA There seem to be 2 pod options to choose from and you get both in the kit:
    extra pod options
    0.8 ohm coil pod (Unipod mesh) - suitable for higher VG e-liquids.
    1,2ohm pod (Unipod): suitable for lower VG and liquids for salt with higher nicotine and nicotine.

XTRA contains an internal 900 mAh battery with 2 output levels, which are automatically selected based on the installed pod.
    extra battery kit
    0.8 ohm mesh pod: the output is set to 16 W.
    1.2 ohm pod: the output is set to 11 W.
    On the side of the device there is the LED light that informs about the remaining battery capacity. Additional design kit
    There is an on / off button on the base of the device, but other than that no other button or control to manage. The firing mechanism is activated by you by inhaling the mouthpiece.

I believe it will be an excellent device for MTL.

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 29, 2017
    Bolton, England
    Xtra, I like how it looks...

I recently tried Osmall from Vaporesso, a 1.2ohm coil pod (Unipod) is fantastic for MTL!
    Vaporesso says that the coils are made with a new cotton material to enhance the flavor and this works really well.

For XTRA There seem to be 2 pod options to choose from and you get both in the kit:
    extra pod options
    0.8 ohm coil pod (Unipod mesh) - suitable for higher VG e-liquids.
    1,2ohm pod (Unipod): suitable for lower VG and liquids for salt with higher nicotine and nicotine.

XTRA contains an internal 900 mAh battery with 2 output levels, which are automatically selected based on the installed pod.
    extra battery kit
    0.8 ohm mesh pod: the output is set to 16 W.
    1.2 ohm pod: the output is set to 11 W.
    On the side of the device there is the LED light that informs about the remaining battery capacity. Additional design kit
    There is an on / off button on the base of the device, but other than that no other button or control to manage. The firing mechanism is activated by you by inhaling the mouthpiece.

I believe it will be an excellent device for MTL.
    If it's the same 1.2ohm pod as with the Osmall should give the same MTL vape but the 0.8ohm mesh coil will be interesting to see how versatile it is!

Reactions: Frenkyou

pizzadave80

ECF Veteran
    Dec 23, 2016
    Agree on the OSMALL @pizzadave80, have one and am finishing my review, its a nice MTL pod indeed and I think the XTAR will do even better with its increased battery capacity and pod options.
    I'm just about ready to review as well. I didnt expect much from it but I'll be damned the draw is a nice mtl

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Informative
    Reactions: SLM

Shone

ECF Veteran
    Apr 22, 2017
    Hm, I still didn't try this device but I honestly hope that I will. I like the size of the device. Vaporesso knows how to make a good pod system. They made renova zero and renova zero is in my opinion great pod system that gives you amazing mtl experience. I also really like vaporesso podstick. Considering that, I expect that I will like XTRA as well.
    HG is reliable store and it is in stock, $29.90: Vaporesso xtra pod kit
    If it is good as I expect $30 is not much for sure, also in the box with vaporesso pods you always get 2 coils which I really appreciate.

• Informative
    Reactions: SLM
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread