The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Vaporesso's Xtra Anyone?

Discussion in 'Vape Pod Systems' started by pizzadave80, Mar 9, 2020.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. pizzadave80

pizzadave80 Super Member ECF Veteran

Dec 23, 2016
    Hi guys, as part of my usual vape review status, I start to look into new devices and see what the general public is thinking about products. I wanted to see what your thoughts were on the Vaporesso Xtra. I have been wondering how the companies would come back from the time away, but it seems like they are resuming where they left off and releasing pod systems and AIOs as expected. The Xtra looks to me like Vaporessos attempt at taking down the likes of the Caliburn, so I guess we will see after testing.

As always, if I get one for review, you will get an honest review, rather than a Rip Trippers-Like Hype piece!

• Like Like x 2
  2. SP013

SP013 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 14, 2019
    Warsaw, Poland
    To me it looks like a very nice tiny pod that is very simple to use, I don't even see buttons? It is a bit similar in design as the Voopoo Nano, but probably with a much better vape experience (I did personally not like the Nano much).

• Like Like x 1
  3. SP013

Mar 14, 2019
    Warsaw, Poland
    Actually I see a power button on the bottom, curious how that functions, click or slide?

• Like Like x 1
  4. jseah

jseah Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 16, 2015
    Hudson Valley, NY, USA
    It looks really small, which I like. I would be interested in how the airflow is like in it. What I have found in trying out different pod systems is that either the airflow is very restrictive (good for MTL vapers, not so good for DL vapers), or they have a tendency to leak. If the pod system is small, then it seems like it would be more comfortable to use if the power button is towards the bottom. After trying different pod systems, I think the best one that I have experienced so far is still the Orion Plus. The new mesh coil with the Plus is a huge improvement over the original coils that came with the Orion DNA GO. Luckily Lost Vape came out with a firmware update which upgraded my DNA GO's into Plus. I think the sticking point for me will be the small 900 mah battery. Being a chain vaper, I have a feeling that I would go through 2 or 3 of them (full charges) a day.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Tim Wiseman

Tim Wiseman Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 29, 2017
    Bolton, England
    Will be interesting to see if it gives an Authentic MTL with that 1.2 coil or as so many pod device both coils will give similar draws making it a loose MTL at best!

6. Tim Wiseman

Jul 29, 2017
    Bolton, England
    Only 900mAh battery which is down on many devices coming out at the moment but then on the flip side with 1A charging it will be fully charged within the hour!

7. Frenkyou

Frenkyou Senior Member ECF Veteran

Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    Xtra, I like how it looks...

I recently tried Osmall from Vaporesso, a 1.2ohm coil pod (Unipod) is fantastic for MTL!
    Vaporesso says that the coils are made with a new cotton material to enhance the flavor and this works really well.

For XTRA There seem to be 2 pod options to choose from and you get both in the kit:
    extra pod options
    0.8 ohm coil pod (Unipod mesh) - suitable for higher VG e-liquids.
    1,2ohm pod (Unipod): suitable for lower VG and liquids for salt with higher nicotine and nicotine.

XTRA contains an internal 900 mAh battery with 2 output levels, which are automatically selected based on the installed pod.
    extra battery kit
    0.8 ohm mesh pod: the output is set to 16 W.
    1.2 ohm pod: the output is set to 11 W.
    On the side of the device there is the LED light that informs about the remaining battery capacity. Additional design kit
    There is an on / off button on the base of the device, but other than that no other button or control to manage. The firing mechanism is activated by you by inhaling the mouthpiece.

I believe it will be an excellent device for MTL.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Tim Wiseman

Jul 29, 2017
    Bolton, England
    If it's the same 1.2ohm pod as with the Osmall should give the same MTL vape but the 0.8ohm mesh coil will be interesting to see how versatile it is!

• Like Like x 1
  9. SLM

SLM Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 9, 2015
    NE Ohio. USA
    And a 900mah battery should last pretty good at 11w I’d think. This is looking like a pretty nice device

• Like Like x 1
  10. SLM

SLM Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 9, 2015
    NE Ohio. USA
    Anybody have one in hand yet?

11. pizzadave80

Dec 23, 2016
    I dont have one yet. Anticipate soon

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  12. SP013

Mar 14, 2019
    Warsaw, Poland
    Agree on the OSMALL @pizzadave80, have one and am finishing my review, its a nice MTL pod indeed and I think the XTAR will do even better with its increased battery capacity and pod options.

• Like Like x 1
  13. pizzadave80

Dec 23, 2016
    I'm just about ready to review as well. I didnt expect much from it but I'll be damned the draw is a nice mtl

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. SP013

Mar 14, 2019
    Warsaw, Poland
    True, but it is very minimalistic, but the price is really low, just 13$

15. SP013

Mar 14, 2019
    Warsaw, Poland
    My review for the OSMALL is now on this forum:
    Vaporesso OSMALL review

Soon will also receive the XTAR for review, very excited about that one.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Shone

Shone Senior Member ECF Veteran

Apr 22, 2017
    Hm, I still didn't try this device but I honestly hope that I will. I like the size of the device. Vaporesso knows how to make a good pod system. They made renova zero and renova zero is in my opinion great pod system that gives you amazing mtl experience. I also really like vaporesso podstick. Considering that, I expect that I will like XTRA as well.
    HG is reliable store and it is in stock, $29.90: Vaporesso xtra pod kit
    If it is good as I expect $30 is not much for sure, also in the box with vaporesso pods you always get 2 coils which I really appreciate.

17. SP013

Mar 14, 2019
    Warsaw, Poland
  18. pizzadave80

Dec 23, 2016
    I've been testing mine out for a week. Review will be up this week

19. Frenkyou

Frenkyou Senior Member ECF Veteran