Vaporizer temperature ranges (for ingredient safety research)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoggy

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
WI, USA
OK... Finally thought of a question to get what I think is my 5th fricken post out of the way. Something I've been having trouble searching for, for some reason.

What are the temperature ranges for various voltage and/or wattage ranges of these vaporizers? Especially ones like the Vamo v3 or Innokin iTaste VV3&SVD... VV/VW models.

I've been trying to research ingredient safety of the various DIY bases and additives and at what temperatures the ingredients may become harmful, but for Zeus-knows-why, can't seem to find out no matter what search terms I use.. This is crazy - I thought it would be all over the place on the net!?! :confused:

I want to be informed when I come across those naysayers that say vaping might be almost as harmful as smoking. (Or be asked if I was a 'doper' by a supremely-Republican relative, for instance. True story.) But it's kind of hard to do when I can't even find out something as [originally thought of as] simple as the temperature ranges we're dealing with here!

P.S. Also - Why are mass produced vaporizers like the Vamo & Innokins still referred to as 'mods'????? I though 'mod' meant "modified(s)", but how in the world can mass-produced vapes be referred to as such?

BigBen2k

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
MA, USA
E-cigs only vaporize the juice.

Technically, you could calculate the resulting temperature of a specific length of kenthal wire (at say, 28 gauge) using a standard 3.7 volt supply. The problem is that the temperature drops as the e-liquid hits it. It's a balancing act.

VV/VW let you set the power level. Typically, 4 to 8 watts, but most people like to crank it up on the high side, or above, to get the most of their juice, without the burning taste.

Hope it helps! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread