VaporKings.com 801 USB Passthrough and manual 801 battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgtdisturbed47

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2010
My first steps into the higher-volt world of e-cigs has been rather unsure. I didn't know whether to go with a 6v mod, a 5v box mod, or a passthrough. Seeing the price for this passthrough at a little less than $13, I decided to give it a try.

VaporKings.com Flat-Black USB Passthrough, no LED

Performance: 8/10
Style: 7/10
Durability: 6/10

Their description states that it runs on 5v from USB power and that it's best run at 1000ma of current. The strange thing is that USB 2.0 runs at 500ma max, so I wasn't expecting it to perform as well on my PC as with a USB wall adapter running at 1000ma. If a Y connector was added, it could be powered by 2 USB ports at once, giving it a full 1000ma power current (these can be found on Amazon.com for as little as $8). If you use this on a USB 3.0 power port, you will get 900ma.

Well, my wall adapter is busted, so I plugged it into the PC to see how well it works, and I am in awe. It fires right up, heating up my RN4072 atty quickly, providing clouds of vapor and excellent throat hit. It's constructed well, but the cord could be a little longer as it's a 4' cable, and I would prefer it to be a 6' cable. The button seems to be made of some low-grade plastic, and has a bit of wobble to it. There is also no pretty LED light for this price range that they offer, but that's OK.

Overall, its an amazing device for a low price. Being flat black, it goes well with my Antec P180 computer case.

VaporKings.com 801 Pen-style Gloss Black Blue LED Manual Battery

Performance: 9/10
Style: 9/10
Durability: 8/10

I bought this battery in order to get away from my automatic battery, which has an annoying 5 second cutoff. Not much to say about a battery, but I thought I'd mention that it lasts a little longer than my auto battery, it's built just as well, and the button is sturdy with very little wobble, and requires minimal pressure to activate the battery.

The only downside to having a charger that is designed to charge auto batteries is I had to buy a battery extension in order for it to fit into the charger without the button hitting the charger upon insertion.

Conclusion

Both devices arrived very quickly via USPS Priority (2.5 days), and the fact that they shipped it the morning I ordered the items shows that they pay close attention to customer satisfaction. I would gladly order from them again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread