Vaporrenu Bacon: CAVEAT EMPTOR

Status
Not open for further replies.

King_Calculon

ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2010
Cincinnati, Ohio
(Note: The juice was tested on a clean, bridgeless, dewicked 2.3ohm 510 atomizer at 3.7v on
a box mod with a fresh 14500 900mah battery.)

e-liquid Specs:
Vaporrenu Bacon
11 mg nicotine
Triple shot of flavor
Vaporrenu custom blend: 55% PG / 35% VG / 10% Flavor Enhancer
No added flavorless vitamin boost
Medium Throat hit

PREFACE: I am not presenting this review as a tirade against Vaporrenu. In no way do I intend to
trash this great supplier or its wide array of high-quality products. I will continue to do
business with them and try their wide variety of tasty flavors. On the other hand, for this
particular flavor, I am not going to pull any punches. It is just that horrible.

Over a month ago, I ordered a bottle of Bacon e-liquid from Vaporrenu. I like bacon, and I was
pretty excited to try a bacon e-liquid despite some of the less-then-enthusiastic comments I
had seen about any flavors with meat in them. I had had some really good luck with Vaporrenu,
and I hoped that their bacon e-liquid would be tasty.

2.jpg

For comparison's sake, I cooked up real bacon every time I had a tasting session for the
e-liquid. While this may seem like overkill to some people, remember, I am talking about bacon
here. The candy of meats. The food of the Gods. Any reason to make delicious bacon, no matter how
trivial, is reason enough for a true bacon lover. I used Oscar Meyer Super Thick Applewood-Smoked
Bacon.

Bacon!!!!!!!!!!!!!.jpg

When I first got my bacon e-liquid, I knew it would be best to age it for a while. I gave it
two weeks and tried it. Wow. I have had some bad bacon once or twice in my time, but this stuff
was horrific. Abominable. Unholy. It tasted like rotten death. There was a rancid, rubbery pork
chop taste belied by the smell of cheap bacon burned beyond recognition.

3.jpg

So I tried to extricate this flavor from my atomizer. Not even the mighty combination of Atomic
Cinnacide followed by Cinnabomb could fully overcome the evil of this loathsome porcine flavor.
I cleaned the atomizer out thoroughly and quarantined it in a ziplock bag marked with the sign
of the skull and crossbones.

Reflecting upon this nightmare like experience, I came to doubt my initial impressions. Perhaps
I had overreacted. Maybe the e-liquid needed further aging. Foremost, it was my opinion that
no supplier would actually sell something so gut-wrenchingly disgusting. I decided to
revisit this e-liquid, give it a second chance.

Thus, I came back to the bacon e-liquid after three weeks. My impressions once more conjured
haunting, nightmarish images of rotten zombie swine assaulting my taste buds. Repulsed, I let
the bottle sit open for two days and aged it further until it had been one month to the day
that the original order had shipped. That was last Sunday.

One month of steeping did nothing to exorcise the foul, repugnant demons possessing my bottle
of bacon-flavored e-liquid. An additional week did not help either. Plainly stated, I think that
that this e-liquid was possibly extracted from bones of cursed pigs exhumed from a haunted
Indian burial ground. More likely, this was a bad batch, or maybe the flavor is really just not
any good. Maybe I did go a little heavy using the triple shot of flavor and the custom blend,
which includes "flavor enhancer." But this flavor would be just as wretched at 25% strength.

Consequentially, throat hit was medium (just as I ordered it) and vapor production was good,
very much on par for the Vaporrenu custom blend (55% PG / 35% VG / 10% Flavor Enhancer).

Needless to say, this e-liquid can hardly be spoken of in the same sentence as real, mouth-watering
bacon. The two could not be more different. This e-liquid is what bacon would taste like in
Hell for breakfast-lovers.

4.jpg

In conclusion, I am not going to pay this bottle of juice forward. I am not going to give it
away. I will be personally destroying it for the sake of humanity. I cannot recommend this
e-liquid to anyone. THAT BEING SAID, I must re-emphasize that I do not view this as a negative
reflection upon Vaporrenu. I like a lot of their flavors, their prices and customer service
are great and I think that their e-liquid customization is second to none.

VAPORRENU FOREVER!
BACON E-LIQUID NEVER!

Flavor accuracy: 0/10
Flavor level: 9/10
Taste: -666/10
Vapor production: 9/10
Throat hit: 8/10
Overall score: F-, 0/10, terrible. Nothing can counterbalance the terrifyingly rank flavor
that exudes from this noxious sludge. Every time someone vapes this e-liquid, an angel loses
its wings and is cast into a sea of spoiled, burning bacon grease for all of eternity.

55.jpg

pencil.png

Last edited:

Nighthawk

ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2010
Southeast Texas
LOL! Great review! I too, love VR, but bacon? nope. not even gonna try that one. I have a family of bacon lovers, we cannot keep it in the house for any length of time. Left-over bacon? Not in this house! My poor brother is Jewish. I say, more bacon for ME! Still not gonna vape it. Thanks for taking that bullet for us! Whew!

King_Calculon

ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2010
Cincinnati, Ohio
Triple bacon flavouring?!? That is a brave order. Have you tried diluting it?

Not in the way you are thinking of. After writing the review I diluted the juice in toilet water and flushed it, forever exiling it to the oblivion of Cincinnati's sewage system.

Dark meat fried chicken ejuice is way better. lol. I doubt I will ever order any juice that the flavor is supposed to resemble the taste of meat. By the way, was it supposed to taste like pork bacon or beef bacon ?

I'm not sure but I can assure you that it tasted like neither.

xg4bx

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2010
Phillipsburg, New Jersey
Jelly Belly got pretty ballsy with jelly bean flavors. Perhaps you could re-name this one vomit.

i clearly remember my brother trying the harry potter variety with such flavors as dirt, booger, earwax and vomit....he literally vomited afterwards.

i've gotta try bacon one day. i have a habit of loving things that everybody else hates. it would probably become my all day vape lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread