Vaporrenu, VG heavy blends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pleasure Bird

Nov 15, 2013
Minnesota
TL;DR at the bottom.

First off, I'm pleased with vaporrenu because of their huge selection of flavors (hundreds, maybe near a thousand) and options (caffeine per hit, different pg/vg blends, flavor boost, optional additives such as ginseng and vitamin b12) solid customer support (an entity, "Jason", acting as a personal connection between the customer and the company, something I've noticed with a few of these companies. This is how customer service should be), and their prices ($8 for 30ml??) I'm pretty new to liquids so I'm not sure if their products are complete crap or just seemingly too good to be true. Perhaps i should buy from some more renowned companies and compare. But for now, I'm on vaporrenu's website picking out flavors and I'm wondering if anyone has some suggestions for flavors from this site and what your opinion is on pg/vg blend and also if anyone could go a step further and compare their house blend (as quoted below, copied from their website.) with the flavors as I'm sure they test flavors with this mix primarily.

Renu Blend (55% PG / 38% VG / 7%* Electrolytes/Papaya Leaf Extract) *Sweetener

Has anyone tried this blend? Is it good with any particular flavors? How thick is the vapor, and how sharp is the throat hit? Does the 7% sweetener add anything noticeable?

Its been a month since I first got the blu starter set, 2 weeks since my first tank system (ego-cc starter kit) and a week since my last cigarette. I hated ecigs until i tried blu, but totally changed my mind about them after i sipped on a blu because of its softness and lack of throat hit, which I now know comes from pg mixes. I've since found out they use 100vg in their carts. I didn't like the strawberry 60pg/40vg 10ml sample I got with the ego cc (gave it to a friend) because the vapor felt much too thin and the throat hit was much sharper than what I was used to with blu. The next day the other juices I ordered from vaporrenu arrived (bought 4 flavors, liked only 1 of em - caramel, letting others sit gonna try em out again later) all of which are 100VG. extremely satisfied with the amount of vapor and and lack of throat hit im getting, but my real issue with pure VG is the lack of flavor, and lately I've been thinking a lack of any throat hit might not be so great, but I definitely don't like 60%pg, and I don't think I would be satisfied with such little vapor and and such sharp th. I want to try out, for example, an 80vg/20pg blend and see how that works. How should I go about doing that?

TL;DR Here's some questions I have:
-Have you tried the renu blend, and if so, what do you think of it compared to, say, a 50/50 or 60/40 blend?
-Is there some other tank system anyone would recommend instead of ego-cc in terms of vaporizing VG-heavy blends? it seemed like a good deal and newish technology for a good price when I bought it, and it does seem to handle VG okay but I can tell the goopiness will take it's toll on my setup sooner than a PG blend would.

-If I wanted to fix the flavor but keep throat hit low and vapor production high, what should be my next step?
Should I mix some plain pg in with my stuff? would that help the flavor or only increase th/reduce vapor?

Txaggiesaunt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2013
Texas

permafrying

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2011
montrose co
I like vaporrenu personally. Havent used em in a couple years because i just started vaping again but i used to order from em all the time. They had the same add ons back then to i usually added ginseng and caffiene. There ry4 used to have a really light throat hit i always hated that but the flavor was so good id vape it anyway. Never tried the house blend personally

They used to be mentioned somewhat oftened but kinda died out it seems like.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
I've ordered from Vapor Renu and plan to again. I seem to be a one flavor kind of vapor and for me it's grape:
I order18mg, Grape-Flavor West, double flavor, no added throat hit, no additives, standard Vapor Renu blend.
I tried this company when I tried to emulate a grape flavor I found at a local head shop. Not exactly where you would expect to find a good juice. Anyway, this grape is like the fruit, not candy, with a mouth feel you get from chewing a whole grape. Slightly astringent at the end from chewing the skin. Don't laugh, that what it's like! Because I couldn't get the suppliers info from the shop so I could check up on them, there website, etc., I decided to try to find a match online. Vapor Renu came thru first try! There are now my goto, although, at times, I still buy that juice from that local shop. Eight bucks and change for 30 ml is pretty good!
I've been on this grape thing for 8 months and I think it's because the flavor doesn't bring attention to itself. I use a Vapor Shark DNA and KFL clone from Tobeco, 2.0-2.3 ohms using cotton, sometimes standard silicon wick. I'm generally at 7-10 watts depending on my mood. I vape all day, I'm retired, but am not a cloud chaser or into sub ohm builds. I just don't need to go to the extra lengths to find satisfaction.
I've tried their pumpkin spice and disliked it, let it steep, no better. The flavor was just too overboard! I'm kinda hesitant about trying new flavors, although, I'm presently vaping Silverthorn from Johnson Creek, a turkish blend that reminds me of a smooth pipe tobacco. I tried about 5 tobacco blends from various companies and this is only the second tobacco I've liked, the other being a Turkish blend from Halo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread