VaporShark DNA30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thepinfamily

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Virginia
I just wanted to chime in with my two cents on the VS. I received mine about 10 days ago. It showed up earlier than I expected. That's a rarity when it comes to ordering dna devices. Its awesome. I don't have a single complaint. Battery lasts far longer than I expected. Build quality is great. Its a fantastic device. I wanted something small because I'm about to travel out of the country for a few months and wanted something pocket friendly. It certainly fits the bill. I highly recommend it.

Mackoy 09

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2014
New Jersey
Showing off the most comfortable drip tip I've used by far! Dripping today. VS roxx!

yzeqydyz.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SingedVapor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2014
Valdosta, Georgia, United States
Ok so i'm really tempted to but this on saturday once i get paid and my check posts to my account.

I have a few questions for the ones who have it :D

Is it sturdy? Like, Does it feel nice and sturdy in the hand?
How is the button?
When it sits, is it top heavy with an rda or rta on it? Would I have to worry about it being knocked over easily?
Does it tend to get hot when chain vaping?
Whats the battery like?
Is there anything I should know before I buy it~?

Last edited:

hexagondun

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2012
Albany, NY USA
Ok so i'm really tempted to but this on saturday once i get paid and my check posts to my account.

I have a few questions for the ones who have it :D

Is it sturdy? Like, Does it feel nice and sturdy in the hand?
How is the button?
When it sits, is it top heavy with an rda or rta on it? Would I have to worry about it being knocked over easily?
Does it tend to get hot when chain vaping?
Whats the battery like?
Is there anything I should know before I buy it~?

Hey,
I had all the same concerns. My experience:
In terms of and how it feels in the hand, it is extremely solid feeling-- I was surprised. You do need to worry about dropping it from any considerable height, though not because of its build; rather, the Lipo battery it houses easily becomes unstable when dropped.

The button on the current iteration --the DNA 30-- is awesome. Very solid and clicky. A+.

RDA's are great, both 22mm and smaller like an atomic. My stillare sits on the VS all day and I love it. Kayfuns do make it top heavy, but a nano kit --or taifun gs, Kayfun mini, or spheroid, for that matter-- are ace on it.

Mine warms up with chain baking but hasn't gotten hot, even at .45 ohm.

Battery is great when i run my single coil 1 ohm Kayfun at 14-16 watts; it's not anything to write home about at 30 watts sub ohming, but no single battery setup would be-- the 18490 powered zna won't last as long sub ohming. The compactness and micro usb charger make up for any lack of battery life-- I've really never had an issue with battery life at all and I'm a chain ganger. Sorry I don't have more precise figures.

I'm glad I bought one and I reckon you will be too.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

SingedVapor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2014
Valdosta, Georgia, United States
Hey,
I had all the same concerns. My experience:
In terms of and how it feels in the hand, it is extremely solid feeling-- I was surprised. You do need to worry about dropping it from any considerable height, though not because of its build; rather, the Lipo battery it houses easily becomes unstable when dropped.

The button the current iteration --the DNA 30-- is awesome. Wonderful.
RDA's are great. Kayfuns make it too heavy, but a nano kit --or taifun gs, Kayfun mini, or spheroid, for that matter-- are ace on it.

Mine warms up with chain baking but hasn't gotten hot, even at .45 ohm.

Battery is great when i run my single coil 1 ohm Kayfun at 14-16 watts; it's not anything to write home about at 30 watts sub ohming, but no single battery setup would be-- the 18490 powered zna won't last as long sub ohming. The compactness and micro usb charger make up for any lack of battery life-- I've really never had an issue with battery life at all and I'm a chain ganger. Sorry I don't have more precise figures.

I'm glad I bought one and I reckon you will be too.

Thank you very much! I will definitly be getting one then :D

mbliffert

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2014
Ocean Springs, MS
Yes it is VERY sturdy and feels great in the hand.

The button is nice and firm. Clicky too.

Depending on the RDA it could be. Zenith, no, Kayfun, yes.

It does knock over easily due to its small size.

It does get warm when chain vaping at 20+ watts, but everything does.

Under 20 watts battery is great. I can go all day with a Kayfun at 13watts. 26.5 watts on my Trident gave me an hour and a half yesterday on a full charge.

I personally think for the price it is the best DNA30 box on the market.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

hexagondun

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2012
Albany, NY USA
I can't wait to get it, I think i'll get a new topper just for it and set it up as my stealth vape rig for work. What do you guys think would be the best (and best looking topper) for it?

RDA: anything with a smaller diameter-- e.g. the atomic, the trident, etc. -- would like sick. I'm going to get an atomic as soon as u have the cash flow.

RBA: Kayfun lite+ with nano tank, Kayfun mini (this would be my ideal and, although the legit svoemesto has been axed, the first clones are popping up by a Chinese company called ivogo, I think), the taifun gs (this is a Kayfun-Esq rda with a looser draw. HCigar clones are supposed to be good and available from U.S. distributors, if clones are your thing), the GP Spheroid looks sooo nice on top (check out igetcha69's VS review to see how it sits). I can't speak to these as I've never even seen one-- I know they use a filler material though.

Enjoy your VS and please keep us updated with some pics when you find a topper that you like!

Last edited:

hexagondun

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2012
Albany, NY USA
RDA: anything with a smaller diameter-- e.g. the atomic, the trident, etc. -- would look sick. I'm going to get an atomic as soon as u have the cash flow.

RBA: Kayfun lite+ with nano tank, Kayfun mini (this would be my ideal and, although the legit svoemesto has been axed, the first clones are popping up by a Chinese company called ivogo, I think), the taifun gs (this is a Kayfun-Esq rda with a looser draw. HCigar clones are supposed to be good and available from U.S. distributors, if clones are your thing), the GP Spheroid looks sooo nice on top (check out igetcha69's VS review to see how it sits). I can't speak to these as I've never even seen one-- I know they use a filler material though.

hexagondun

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2012
Albany, NY USA
Been on mine for about three weeks now and I am happy, I put my mechs down for a while. I am on dual 28ga reading at .8 ohms in the Atomic RDA, 25.1 watts and loving it.

View attachment 333141

I absolutely love the look of the atomic topping off the shark, and it's not even close to my favorite rda, aesthetically-- it just works sooo well. Thumbs up, brother. Thumbs up.

hexagondun

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2012
Albany, NY USA
How many of you have experience a bit of wobble in the 510? Because my Kayfun is perfectly flush, it's not there; with my stillare however, there is a realllly annoying bit of wobble. I reckon it's because of the longish 510 pin, but don't really know. Does the atomic sit perfectly flush without any wobble at all?

Mackoy 09

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2014
New Jersey
How many of you have experience a bit of wobble in the 510? Because my Kayfun is perfectly flush, it's not there; with my stillare however, there is a realllly annoying bit of wobble. I reckon it's because of the longish 510 pin, but don't really know. Does the atomic sit perfectly flush without any wobble at all?

Mine sits perfectly flush...

u2u2ape4.jpg

7esa5uve.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread