VaporShark rDNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azarias

May 25, 2015
Illinois
I'm too afraid to do that, on the off chance that they don't. I can't even get hem to reply to an email right now. I know it's a holiday weekend and all, but they have a special going on...
I ordered the rDNA on a saturday and found the code 1h later. So I wrote them an email and got an answer on monday that they refunded me the 15%.
I wouldn't be too concerned. VS has a pretty good customer service imo.

VapieDan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
Flint, Michigan, United States
I'm too afraid to do that, on the off chance that they don't. I can't even get hem to reply to an email right now. I know it's a holiday weekend and all, but they have a special going on...

Perhaps as a makeup Vaporshark with increase the discount to 30% for a few days as a make up when the error is discovered Monday. I also believe in Santa Claus.

Reactions: Fiatrix

Pushbutton

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2014
Vienna, Austria
Could you post some photos of your mod? I'm going to sand blast my mod soon, was thinking of a plastidip initially but yours is a more pragmatic solution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Before (2 months of use, mostly at a desk)
IMG_1629.jpg IMG_1630.jpg
After (fairly fresh paintjob, but it still looks the same 5 months later)
shark-1.jpg shark-2.jpg shark-3.jpg

Color came out somewhat darker than i had envisioned, but i am okay with it.

Fiatrix

ECF Veteran
May 19, 2015
Before (2 months of use, mostly at a desk)
View attachment 469153 View attachment 469154
After (fairly fresh paintjob, but it still looks the same 5 months later)
View attachment 469155 View attachment 469156 View attachment 469157

Color came out somewhat darker than i had envisioned, but i am okay with it.
I thought about the option of repainting it if the finish goes bad, but I don't know the first think about doing so. Ha. You did a great job! Maybe I'll just start putting stickers on mine (if I buy one) and go with the whole "super used" look... It'll be like a throwback to my old poetry notebook in high school! Lmao.

Reactions: YePsTeR

VapieDan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
Flint, Michigan, United States

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
What brand of paint did you use? Did you prime it?
Looks like Cerakote. I was thinking about doing the same thing if/when my finish starts to peel but mine has been holding up great for 8 months.

Getting pretty frustrated that the sharkweek coupon code still isn't working for me, and no word back from customer service after 2 emails. Has anybody heard anything? I'm eager to buy my first mod and the longer I have to think about it the more I consider buying a less expensive device! Lol.
They posted on their FB page that they're aware of the code issue and are working on it. You can place an order and they will refund 15% if you call them with your order # (as per their CS).

BudmanNC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2013
United States
Getting pretty frustrated that the sharkweek coupon code still isn't working for me, and no word back from customer service after 2 emails. Has anybody heard anything? I'm eager to buy my first mod and the longer I have to think about it the more I consider buying a less expensive device! Lol.
The code worked for me a little over an hour ago.

Fiatrix

ECF Veteran
May 19, 2015
You might get a faster response by calling them.
Perhaps, but unfortunately I don't have access to a phone. :/ Weird, huh?
The code worked for me a little over an hour ago.
Still not working for me... Did you put the code in at the cart page, or at the end of things after putting in your information?

Pushbutton

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2014
Vienna, Austria
What brand of paint did you use? Did you prime it?

It is Cerakote. I did not however apply it myself since i do not have the equipment necessary to do that.

First i checked if a teardown of the rDNA was doable and what potential hazards could await. Turns out taking the Vaporshark apart is relatively easy. It's pretty much a combined sled that is held with double sided tape. Some care needs to be taken when loosening the wireless charging piece, but it wasn't too tricky.

I found the following video that shows all necessary steps. Re-assembly requires 2 different types of double-sided tape, one thin and one slightly padded (for the bottom screen cover and the black side cover over the wireless charger) which i bought at a hardware store after taking the mod apart.

Next i checked for an applicator for the cerakote. www.cerakote.com has a locator feature and nice sample images for their colors. Luckily enough there was one in my town (they aren't very common in Europe).

Brought case in at the gunshop (stripped of all guts and plastic parts). They sandblasted specific grit in preparation for the coating and painted it for me. Lastly the coating gets heat treated in an oven.

Took about a week and they charged me 25€.

Hope this helps :)

Last edited:

BudmanNC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2013
United States
Perhaps, but unfortunately I don't have access to a phone. :/ Weird, huh?

Still not working for me... Did you put the code in at the cart page, or at the end of things after putting in your information?
I put it in at the cart page, not at the end. I typed in all caps.

Fiatrix

ECF Veteran
May 19, 2015
Congrats!

No tank? I find tanks much more convenient.
I've also ordered a Kanger subtank mini, because I figure dripping would be cumbersome sometimes (I've never done it). But I like to change flavors often and I'm definitely a flavor chaser, so I want to have the best of both worlds!

Reactions: KTMRider

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
Man, that rDNA 40 is tempting with the coupon code.
You have until Sunday.

I've had mine for 8 months and it's still one of my favorite mods (next to my VS DNA40). I use it just about every day and if the DNA200 wasn't announced (I already bought 2 boards and will be buying the VS DNA200), I would've already ordered another one. I had 2 VS DNA30's and put them up for sale last month but had second thoughts when someone bought one of them so I kept the other one. I dealt with CS once and they were great to deal with (replaced my DNA40 with faulty fire button). I know some have had issues with CS but I've been happy with them and will continue to buy and recommend their mods. I came >< this close to ordering an Opus 200 that was in stock just to get my grubby little hands on a DNA200 but just barely resisted and will be waiting impatiently for the VS DNA200. There's a Vape Expo in NJ in a couple of weeks and VS will be there. I'm hoping they'll have some DNA200's for sale (yeah, wishful thinking).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread