The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

VaporShark rDNA

Discussion in 'VV/VW APV Discussion' started by ClintS, Jul 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Urge

Urge Super Member ECF Veteran

Aug 7, 2011
    Shrubburbia Ma.
    Should I be posting this in another forum on ECF?

My rDNA40 topped with a Russian 91% tank spits juice up into the drip tip and then into my mouth, it also has juice between the tank and the rDNA40. There is juice on both components. Is this the result of not enough wick? It isn't flooding and it vapes great but I have to clean out the drip tip and wipe down the bottom of the tank and the top of the APV daily. Is this just the way it is or is it correctable?

On another note, I recently had to send my rDNA40 back after only 1.5 months because the board failed due to juice on the PCB. They charged me $25. to replace the board. These devices do not have a seal between the 510 connector and the inside of the device. Shouldn't they?

Urge

2. Bman1959

Bman1959 Super Member ECF Veteran

May 6, 2013
    Springfield, MO
    I've had the same experience with the Lemo tanks, except for having to get the board replaced for leaking juice. Went with the Kanger subtank and life is so much better. Yes you do have to watch getting juice inside the device. A new board for $25.00 is a steal.
    My R-DNA, since getting the screen glitch RMA done, has been rock solid. Carry it in my front shirt pocket and lost count of the number of times it has fallen out. Door flying off, battery rolling around, put back together and it just works. Great mod!

3. Urge

Aug 7, 2011
    Shrubburbia Ma.
    Does anyone have any thoughts on leaking Russian/Kayfun tanks? These have been pretty popular I think so people must have figured out how to use them without getting leaks. how long do you go before changing the O rings? If you have a Russian 91% how do you set the airflow screw? It seems to have infinite adjustment.

Urge

4. xcrazydx

xcrazydx Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 1, 2014
    United States
    Where is it leaking from?

5. Urge

Aug 7, 2011
    Shrubburbia Ma.
    Hi, It is coming out of the air hole. It works great sometimes but then it just starts leaking. Same tank of juice, I didn't change the coil or the wick. I have adjusted the screw controlling the air thru the entire range of adjustment to try and find a sweet spot but...?

Urge

6. xcrazydx

xcrazydx Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 1, 2014
    United States
    Do you change elevation a lot?

Do you go from cold temps to hot temps? Like inside to outside?

There are a lot of factors that can make it leak.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Urge

Aug 7, 2011
    Shrubburbia Ma.
    Is the DNA 40 pcb from Evolv identical to the one in the rDNA40? I am thinking that the one with the large screen is the one I want. Can anyone confirm this? Can I buy one from Evolv and just replace the bad one in mine? Vapor Shark won't sell just the board. They want $85. to replace it and Evolv sells the board for $60. I spoke with the folks at VS about putting some sort of washer or O ring under the 510 connection but they said that the device vents thru the 510 connection. All of my other devices have a hole at the bottom of the battery to vent it and I'm thinking that having it vent thru the 510 connection is equivalent to a much smaller hole. Is this a potential issue? What if I added an O ring or something under the 510 connection and drilled a hole in the case?

Urge

8. TheKiwi

TheKiwi Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Trying out my luck here. Any chance anyone has tried using ss316 with the rdna40?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. jazzvaper

jazzvaper Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 14, 2014
    USA
    Not SS 316 but Nifethal 52, aka NiFe 48 or 52. I am running the latter on DNA 200's (plural) and occasionally drop one of those atties on to my one remaining rDNA.

The higher TCR of 430 makes it a more viable option.

As for SS it would be better to experiment with SS 430.

10. Ariel_MX

Ariel_MX Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 15, 2010
    Guadalajara, México
    I think is not exactly the same board, the one in the Vapor Shark rDNA40 has a different charger board (Zip High Speed Charging), while the regular Evolv DNA40 has a 500mah charger.

11. KTMRider

KTMRider Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 5, 2014
    NJ
    The DNA40 has a piggyback board but the charger is still a separate board. The DNA200's charger is integrated to the board.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.