VaporShark rDNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Urge

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2011
Shrubburbia Ma.
Should I be posting this in another forum on ECF?

My rDNA40 topped with a Russian 91% tank spits juice up into the drip tip and then into my mouth, it also has juice between the tank and the rDNA40. There is juice on both components. Is this the result of not enough wick? It isn't flooding and it vapes great but I have to clean out the drip tip and wipe down the bottom of the tank and the top of the APV daily. Is this just the way it is or is it correctable?

On another note, I recently had to send my rDNA40 back after only 1.5 months because the board failed due to juice on the PCB. They charged me $25. to replace the board. These devices do not have a seal between the 510 connector and the inside of the device. Shouldn't they?

Urge

Last edited:

Bman1959

ECF Veteran
May 6, 2013
Springfield, MO
I've had the same experience with the Lemo tanks, except for having to get the board replaced for leaking juice. Went with the Kanger subtank and life is so much better. Yes you do have to watch getting juice inside the device. A new board for $25.00 is a steal.
My R-DNA, since getting the screen glitch RMA done, has been rock solid. Carry it in my front shirt pocket and lost count of the number of times it has fallen out. Door flying off, battery rolling around, put back together and it just works. Great mod!

Urge

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2011
Shrubburbia Ma.
Does anyone have any thoughts on leaking Russian/Kayfun tanks? These have been pretty popular I think so people must have figured out how to use them without getting leaks. how long do you go before changing the O rings? If you have a Russian 91% how do you set the airflow screw? It seems to have infinite adjustment.

Urge

xcrazydx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2014
United States
Does anyone have any thoughts on leaking Russian/Kayfun tanks? These have been pretty popular I think so people must have figured out how to use them without getting leaks. how long do you go before changing the O rings? If you have a Russian 91% how do you set the airflow screw? It seems to have infinite adjustment.

Urge
Where is it leaking from?

Urge

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2011
Shrubburbia Ma.
Is the DNA 40 pcb from Evolv identical to the one in the rDNA40? I am thinking that the one with the large screen is the one I want. Can anyone confirm this? Can I buy one from Evolv and just replace the bad one in mine? Vapor Shark won't sell just the board. They want $85. to replace it and Evolv sells the board for $60. I spoke with the folks at VS about putting some sort of washer or O ring under the 510 connection but they said that the device vents thru the 510 connection. All of my other devices have a hole at the bottom of the battery to vent it and I'm thinking that having it vent thru the 510 connection is equivalent to a much smaller hole. Is this a potential issue? What if I added an O ring or something under the 510 connection and drilled a hole in the case?

Urge

jazzvaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2014
USA
Trying out my luck here. Any chance anyone has tried using ss316 with the rdna40?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not SS 316 but Nifethal 52, aka NiFe 48 or 52. I am running the latter on DNA 200's (plural) and occasionally drop one of those atties on to my one remaining rDNA.

The higher TCR of 430 makes it a more viable option.

As for SS it would be better to experiment with SS 430.

Ariel_MX

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2010
Guadalajara, México
Is the DNA 40 pcb from Evolv identical to the one in the rDNA40? I am thinking that the one with the large screen is the one I want. Can anyone confirm this? Can I buy one from Evolv and just replace the bad one in mine? Vapor Shark won't sell just the board. They want $85. to replace it and Evolv sells the board for $60. I spoke with the folks at VS about putting some sort of washer or O ring under the 510 connection but they said that the device vents thru the 510 connection. All of my other devices have a hole at the bottom of the battery to vent it and I'm thinking that having it vent thru the 510 connection is equivalent to a much smaller hole. Is this a potential issue? What if I added an O ring or something under the 510 connection and drilled a hole in the case?

Urge

I think is not exactly the same board, the one in the Vapor Shark rDNA40 has a different charger board (Zip High Speed Charging), while the regular Evolv DNA40 has a 500mah charger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread