Vaptio - Frogman XL Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
Hi ECF members, In this review i take a look at the Frogman XL tank from Vaptio. The Frogman XL tank was supplied for the purpose of this review by Jason from Vaptio.

Premium Vape Tank | FROGMAN XL Tank - Vaptio | E-cig & Vape Shop

In the Box

Contents:

1 * Frogman XL Tank
1 * Frogman - W8 Coil
1 * Frogman - W2 Coil
1 * Replacement Glass
1 * User Manual

Aesthetics

The Frogman XL comes in the normal Vaptio packaging, and after opening you are met by a wide 26.5mm tank. I received the Black version which comes with a fitted Red glass tube. Apart from the Stainless Steel version which i believe comes fitted with a clear glass the other versions have different coloured glass fitted. As well as Black, the tank comes in Stainless Steel, Blue and purple and the coloured glass tubes can be bought separately, the choices are, Clear, Black, Blue, Green and Red. All the glass tubes have the frogman logo on them, and all colours are transparent enough to easily see your juice level, for those that don't like coloured glass the spare tube included is clear. The bottom section of the tank is smooth with no texturing and the Frogman XL has tri cyclops with stopper. The lack of texturing isn't an issue has no grip is needed, the airflow moves easily enough without being too loose that it will move accidentally. The base reveals a protruding 510, safety stamps and branding. The smooth top-cap and drip tip flow into one, at any sort of distance they look like one piece, but the drip tip can be removed and is a standard 510 fitting. The top-cap also has "VAPTIO" branding printed on it.

Specs:

Material: Stainless Steel
Diameter: 26.5mm
Height: 56mm
Capacity: 5ml
Mainstream Multicore Compatability
Press & Twist Top-cap
Top fill
Different Coloured Glass Available: Clear, Black, Blue, Green, Red
Colours: Stainless steel, Black, Blue, Purple

Assembling and Disassembling

The Frogman XL comes apart in it's various parts easily enough. Screwing the base off also unscrews the coil from the air pipe. The top-cap turns and pops off then it's just a matter of wiggling the glass free from the fill ring with rubber seal. The coil unscrews from the base and before screwing a new coil in make sure it's properly primed. The tank goes back together very easily with no drama's at all.

Filling the Frogman XL

The Frogman XL has the same spring loaded bayonet top-cap design that the original Frogman has, just push down, turn a little and the top-cap pops off. Other Vaptio tanks have a filling method that require you to push the nozzle of your juice bottle past a pliable rubber seal to fill, then once you remove the nozzle the tank reseals it'self. I do like the rubber seal method has it helps maintain the vacuum as well as increasing the seal properties of the tank. The Frogman XL incorporates both the original Frogman fill method of the bayonet top-cap and filling slots but also has the rubber seal the nozzle of your bottle needs to push past. When filling if you are using a fresh coil you need to wait a couple of minutes and have a few pulls without firing to make sure the cotton is fully saturated.

Performance.

I didn't find the Frogman XL performed any differently to the original Frogman, the tri airflow gave the same smooth vape and both coils supplied gave both thick cloud and great flavour for a sub-ohm stock coil tank. The 0.15 coil (W8) i found best at 65w and the 0.4 coil (W2) i really enjoyed at 50w, out of the 2 coils i did prefer the W2 which i found edged it for flavour. There are other coils available for the Frogman XL as well as being compatible with a lot of mainstream multicore coils including the Baby Beast coils. The 5ml capacity gives plenty of vaping time before the need to refill. Normally when i have the option to use my own drip tip i do change it but i like the supplied delrin drip tip, it's shape makes it feel very comfortable in the mouth.

Conclusion

The Frogman which is a very good flavoursome sub-ohm tank has just got better in the form of the Frogman XL which offers greater capacity and resealable rubber seal to protect the vacuum when filling.

Pros

Good quality
Great flavour (relative to kind of tank)
Good cloud
Bayonet top-cap
Resealable seal
Top fill
5ml capacity
Compatible with mainstream coils
Changeable colour glass
Smooth tri airflow
Fit own 510

Cons

26.5mm Diameter might cause overhang with some devices.

I would once again like to thank Jason from Vaptio for supplying the Frogman XL Tank for the purpose of this review.

Premium Vape Tank | FROGMAN XL Tank - Vaptio | E-cig & Vape Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread