VAPX GEYSER 100W POD KIT review by La_Navidad

Status
Not open for further replies.

La_Navidad

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Oct 14, 2018
    photo_2020-11-0000.jpg

Hello everybody. Today I would like to share my personal thoughts about VapX Geyser Pod Mod after vaping it for about 2-3 weeks. Let's name it something like "experience review".
    I've found plenty of reviews about the second and the newest Pod from VapX, Geyser S, but very few about this one.
    The device was released by a rather young company VapX, built by former GeekVape team (no need to introduce them, I suppose), so they have many years of experience in vaping industry. Geyser can show many new and interesting features, but, first things first..

What’s in the box?
    photo_2020-11-18_12-57-34 (2).jpg

Here's what you get:
    • Max. 100w Geyser Mod x 1
    • Dual AFC 45w Pod w/ Air Mesh x 1
    • Dual AFC 75w Pod w/ Air Mesh x 1
    • Single Air Mesh Max. 45w XCoil Model 10 x 1
    • Single Air Mesh Max. 75w XCoil Model 15s x 1
    • 18650 Sleeve x 1
    • 1.2m Type-C Cable x 1
    • 4,000mAh Max. 80A imported from Murata 21700 Battery x 1*
    (There is also a version without 21700 Battery on the market)
    photo_2020-11-18_12-57-34.jpg

Inside you'll see a pretty cool information sheet printed right on the inner side of the box.
    Everything mentioned there was right on their places. (One thing I will reveal later)
    photo_2020-11-18_12-57-33.jpg

Specifications:
    VapX-Geyser-Pod-Kit_03_mwTCd.jpeg

It is rather big, but very lightweight - only 90g, thanks to aerospace grade magnesium allow, which has reduced the weight of the body frame by 400%. Feels very robust and versatile.
    And it delivers 100W power from a rechargeable 21700 battery. There is also a 18650 sleeve-adapter included.

photo_2020-11-18_12-57-30 (2).jpg

Here's how it looks inside the mod. By the way, the battery door is plastic, but very firm and clip holders are also pretty nice.

photo_2020-11-18_12-57-12.jpg

Now to the pods included in the package.
    There are two kinds, 75w Pod for DL vaping and 45w Pod for more restricted DL vaping.
    I was vaping on Dual AFC 75W Pod with single Air Mesh XCoil Model 15s

photo_2020-11-18_12-57-30.jpg

The flavor and vape production on this kind of coil is absolutely enormous. You can easily switch to max power and get lots of vapor and flavor without any dry hits. As for me, I was vaping on 55w with airflow wheels adjusted a bit more restrictive than normal, rotated like so on both sides of the pod:

photo_2020-11-18_12-57-27.jpg

Yes, the airflow wheel is just a thing to play around.. some say one side on the pod's airflow is covered with your thumb in a certain grip and you could not get what you want. But just like Mick said, if you try sometimes you find, you get what you need )

photo_2020-11-18_12-57-28.jpg

Can't say enough about the Dual AFC 45w with XCoil Model 10, but after trying it's airflow I figured out that I couldn't get true MTL. The drip-tip bore is a bit wide for that, but as I said - maybe it should be tested more closely. There is a XCoil Model 10n coming soon to vape on 15-25w and it should be suitable for tight MTL.

photo_2020-11-18_12-57-14.jpg

Dual AFC 45w Pod holds 6.5ml of E-juice, very large capacity, as for a Pod. But I must say that Dual AFC 75w Pod with 75w xCoil holds only 5ml of E-juice and it was not so much for high wattage vaping.
    Drip-tips on both Pods ane NOT 810 or 510, so you can't put you favorite there.

Last edited:

La_Navidad

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Oct 14, 2018
    Cool features

One cool feature among others, which I like a lot - it's the locking mechanism.
    There is a button set into a plate and to release the cartridge hatch you must push this button. To remove the whole pod from the body you must pull the plate.

photo_2020-11-18_12-57-05.jpg

Another cool feature of this device - is the filling system. There are two membranes on the top side - one hole for filling, and the other lets out excess air during use. The holes are big enough to take most bottle tips.

photo_2020-11-18_12-57-11.jpg

After using it for a couple of weeks, I found plenty of condensate under the top cover, but it never leaked out of the Pod. Also be sure to fill the Pod slowly, not to overfill it. Personally, I was removing it from the device each time to fill it, to see how much E-liquid was coming inside.

photo_2020-11-18_12-57-17.jpg

And finally - two adjustable airflow wheels. It was something I wanted to say about earlier.
    There is a tool in the package - a screwdriver, which can be used to replace honeycomb wheels with another type.

photo_2020-11-18_12-57-21.jpg

photo_2020-11-18_12-57-18.jpg

I've seen some videos, where guys received a spare couple of wheels with another airflow in the package, but I didn't see anything like that in mine. It's a big question to VapX, why it's so random - to include them or not.

45w-Pod-w-Coil.jpg

Mod itself

On the front side you can see the big screen (it reminds me of some other mod) with a big "Fire" button right above and "+" and "-" buttons just under the screen. Every button is nicely built in, they don't rattle and don't move around at all, feel very solid.

photo_2020-11-18_12-57-24.jpg

The bottom of the Pod is absolutely flat, the USB-C port is on the side panel of the Pod, but I've never used it, although you can charge the battery inside the Pod with fast charge type-C cable. It's really long, compared to other pod cables - 1.2m.
    There are lots of user modes to choose from including Variable Wattage, Temperature Control and Custom Curve.
    Another interesting thing inside is a Buck-Boost converter, which stores energy in an inductor and releases it to the load at a higher voltage when battery runs low but also it extends the battery life and helps efficient power conversion, just like ordinary buck-converter.
    The firmware is upgradeable, as noted by VapX and newer versions will be available soon.

photo_2020-11-18_12-57-19.jpg

I couldn't make any use of this tool, no idea what it's for

photo_2020-11-18_12-57-16.jpg

VapX have also announced Dual AFC RDTA Pod to be available soon, and that's what I'm really looking forward to try. Nice postless deck for double-coil builds, with 4 steel cables to wick the liquid from the tank up to the cotton. We've seen this system earlier in some devices, but as far as I know - never in a Pod Mod.

RDTA 1.jpg

Pros
    Flavor
    Cloud production
    Battery life
    Lightweight
    Upgradeable
    Original airflow

Cons
    Liquid level visibility
    Not a 810\510 drip-tip
    No lanyard included (I used handmade by myself)

I would like to thank Elegomall, and personally @Pheric for giving me this awesome device for testing purposes.

• Love
    Reactions: Pheric
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread