hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Hello and welcome to yet another review by yours truly. Today I will be talking about one of two kits that were sent to me by VapX for the purpose of presenting a fair and honest review. VapX is a fairly new company but from what I have seen so far in their devices, they will most likely be growing and bringing even more great vaping devices to the market. I was rather excited to be contacted to do reviews for them as I’ve been rather curious about what they have thus far released. So today I will be taking a look at the Geyser S pod mod kit. Let’s take a look at what is included and specifications then I’ll give my thoughts on it.

upload_2020-12-28_11-28-32.jpg

What’s in the box?

Geyser S Pod x 1

Geyser S Mod x 1

XCoil Model 10 x 2

Product Manual x 1

0.5m Type-C Cable x 1

Specifications:

Output watt: 5W-50W

Output voltage: 0.5V-6V

Resistance range: 0.2Ω-3Ω

Input voltage: 3.2V-4.2V

Device measurement: 43*26*108mm

Sleeping time: 3min

Battery capacity: 1500mAh

Features:

1. 3.2ml pod cartridge and top filling design
      2. Transparent and comfortable slide-in pod switching action
      3. Supports 0.25ohm Model 10 coil and 0.6ohm Model 10n coil
      4. 1500mAh internal battery and 50W max output
      5. Adopt airflow optimized mesh mechanism and variable stepless airflow mechanism
      6. Stable output and Type-C charging port

First Impressions:

The box that the Geyser S comes in has a nice graphic of the device on the front slide off cover exposing the VapX logo on the lift off box top. Underneath is a cardboard cover that when removed exposes the device, two coils, USB-C charging cable and user manual. In my opinion it is nice packaging. The Geyser came fully charged. Having never used one, I did not know at first how to remove the pod to install a coil. I could however see that the fill port was on top near the drip tip. I was truly surprised how small the Geyser is. In pictures that I had seen, I pictured it a bit larger. I did discover that the pod slides sideways to remove rather than the simple lift off with magnets that most pod mods have. The coils are simply pushed in to the pod and seat with o rings. The flats of the coil base should go to the sides of the pod for proper fit up. On the bottom of the pod is a half round indentation that helps the pod to lock into place with a spring loaded ball in the top of the device. It is a very strong connection and can not ever see this pod coming loose on accident.

I almost never like the drip tips that come with kits but I did very much like the tapered 510 replaceable drip tip that comes with the Geyser. I found it very comfortable to use and it is similar in shape to one of my favorite tips. There is a little bit of a raised edge where the tip goes on so that will make other tips stand up a little more but it is good that it is replaceable.

The fill port is on top so the pod does not have to be removed to fill. A definite plus in my book. However, my first attempt at filling was with a 15ml glass dropper and I ended up making quite the mess. After that I switched to a standard 10ml plastic bottle and had no issues filling the pod from then on. There is a small notch cut out on the side of the pod to allow a fingernail to more easily remove the plug for filling and the plug can be rotated out of the way which is nice.

The airflow control on this pod is a honeycomb style with what I would call a turn wheel to adjust flow. The wheel is stiff to turn and have not had it turn by accident while using it. I have used other devices with honeycomb airflow and just like on those, the airflow is very smooth which makes for a nice experience. The airflow control is on the front directly above the fire button and in the past I have had some issues with other devices where my hand blocks some of the airflow if I’m not paying attention to placement but it hasn’t been the case with this device.

The Geyser comes with two of the Model 10 coils which are .25 ohm coils rated for 35-45 watts. I started a little lower and found my happy spot to be 34 watts with the airflow about half open. There is also a Model 10n coil that is .6 ohm which is compatible with the Geyser S but was not included in the kit for some reason. I would have liked to try it.

The Geyser S mod itself has a really nice weight to it for a small device. It doesn’t say on the website but I believe it is made of magnesium alloy and plastic. It has a good hand feel and ergonomics in my opinion.

The fire button is at the top above the screen and there is the + and – buttons below the screen followed by a USB-C charge port on the bottom and it is not covered which I am more than ok with.

The display shows the VapX name and symbol on power up. The display seems strangely familiar to me but I am unable to remember what it reminds me of. At the top is displayed Power. Below that is the wattage and the battery level indicator underneath that. Below the battery indicator is listed the Coil resistance, Amps, Volts, and puff counter. To me the display is vibrant and big enough to clearly read.

1. To turn the device on and off it is the usual five clicks of the fire button.

2. Of course, the + and – buttons will adjust the power in .5 increments on single push and will quick scroll if held. The unit does round robin but stops at 50 then let of the button and push it again and it will go to 5 and climb again.

3. To reset the puff counter, press the fire button three times and the puff count will be highlighted red. Press the + button to clear the puff counter. You can also press the + button again and it will return to the previous count. An interesting feature but I’m not sure why.

4. To lock or unlock the wattage adjustment, long press the + and – buttons. The unit can still fire.

5. To adjust the screen brightness, press the fire button and either the + or – buttons to either increase or decrease the brightness.

Final Thoughts:

So, overall I enjoyed testing the VapX Geyser S. I feel like it is well made from what I can tell. It has a nice weight to it and is comfortable to hold. For once I actually really liked a drip tip included in a kit. However, not crazy about the little ledge for those that want to switch tips. The fill plug was easy enough to remove and reinstall but filling with a glass dropper didn’t go well for me. I would stick with finer tipped bottles for filling.

I found the interface on the Geyser S to be plenty bright and readable. I do like the simplicity of operation on it. I’m still not sure why they made it so you could bring back the puff count once it is reset.

I very much liked the honeycomb airflow and that the adjuster is stiff enough to not move by accident. I didn’t have any leaking from the pod during my period of use which was a little over a week. I consistently got around 160 puffs with the wattage set at 34 watts which I thought was pretty decent for a 1500mah battery. It’s not an all day device for heavy users but will stand on it’s own when added to rotation or used for shorter day trips. The 3.2ml pod capacity is nothing to write home about but for a device of this size I think it is sufficient. I didn’t feel like I was constantly filling the pod.

So, would I recommend it? I would. I felt like the device delivered good flavor and decent battery life for a smaller pod mod. It has a nice feel in the hand and does what it’s supposed to without being over complicated.

A big thanks to Clay and VapX for sending the Geyser S for this review and of course thanks to those that choose to read the reviews I post. Below is a link to the VapX website if you’d like to take a closer look.

https://vapx.com/Geyser_S.html

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Great review Hitt, I like the little bit of weight the device has simply for the fact of knowing it in your pocket and the battery life is fantastic up until 1 bar then charge. I think Vapx did a nice job with the Geyser S.

I agree. It is a nice device. Once again you’ve reminded me that I left out something I meant to mention. Yes, when the battery meter is down to one bar then you are done and need to charge. I was a bit surprised how my puff counts were almost exactly the same on a charge multiple times.

Reactions: bigbob2322

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Good review! Surprised to see you got so many puffs out of one charge! I only got about 80-90, maybe my battery was just a bit worse :)

I’ve noticed before that I take shorter puffs than some people so that’s probably the difference. I also use 12 and 6mg liquids depending on the wattage so that could be why my puffs are shorter.

Reactions: SP013

SP013

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 14, 2019
    Warsaw, Poland
    I’ve noticed before that I take shorter puffs than some people so that’s probably the difference. I also use 12 and 6mg liquids depending on the wattage so that could be why my puffs are shorter.
    Yeah, puffs in general is not the best way of telling how batteries perform, I might indeed take longer puffs (3,5-4s is my average), but it is still nice to add such stats to a review :)

Reactions: hittman

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Yeah, puffs in general is not the best way of telling how batteries perform, I might indeed take longer puffs (3,5-4s is my average), but it is still nice to add such stats to a review :)

Yes, I’m probably closer to 2-3. I have started paying more attention to puff lengths since I’ve noticed getting more puffs on devices consistently compared to others.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread