hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I know it hasn’t been long since I reviewed the Geyser S by VapX but yes I’m back again. I was also sent the VapX Geyser V1.5 kit with the S and have been using both at the same time since I received them. So obviously, today’s review is going to be covering the Geyser V1.5. I really feel like VapX is bringing some innovative designs to the market and look forward to seeing what the future holds. So, for now, let’s take a look at some pictures, features, and such to see if you might like the Geyser V1.5 as much as I have since receiving it.

upload_2020-12-30_15-25-41.jpg

What’s in the box?

1×GeyserV1.5Mod

1×DualAFCPod

1×1.2mType-CCable

1×Hexagon (Allen) Key

1×XCoilModel15s

1×XCoilModel15d1×Coil tool

1×18650 Sleeve

1×ProductManual

Specifications:

Output watt:

5W-100W

Output voltage:

0.5V-8V

Resistance range:

0.1Ω-3Ω

Input voltage:

3.2V-4.2V

Full charged voltage:

4.0-4.25V

device measurement:

87.7*30.9*53.5mm

Sleeping mode:

3min

First Impressions:

I’ll start with the packaging. There of course was the outer sleeve with a picture of the V1.5 that slides off but underneath was what I’ll call a flip up box lid that exposed a black cover with the VapX logo. Once I lifted that off, the very nice looking mod and accessories were available for viewing. The kit included the mod, two coils, one pod, a coil removal tool, USB-C charging cable, a rubberized 18650 battery adapter, and user manual. The battery adapter is included because this is in fact a 21700 mod.

The pod itself is unlike anything I’ve really seen before. It slides in from the top and is curved to meet the body of the mod. There is a sliding latch on the top of the mod that locks the pod in place and cannot be removed without releasing that latch. It has a removable drip tip which appears to be an 810 but the tip of my own that I tried on it was a loose fit. Perhaps my o rings were worn. The original Geyser 21700 had a flip open top for filling which I understand caused quite a bit of mess and is no longer a feature of this mod. It is now filled through a fill port on the side with a long rubber plug that is easily held back for filling. The pod itself is dark and for me was almost impossible to see the liquid level inside. I just filled slowly and watched for the liquid level to get close to the top of the fill hole. The only real downside of filling this pod is that the pod has to be removed in order to access the fill port.

The pod has dual honeycomb airflow that is adjusted by the half circles on the side that actually flip out to give you something to get a hold of to turn the adjustment and then folds back into place. Each side is independently adjustable which is nice for tweaking the airflow to your liking.

The mod itself is a pretty decent size since it is able to hold a 21700 battery but I was surprised how light it was even with the battery installed and the pod filled. The weight or lack of is due to the aerospace grade magnesium alloy of which it is made. The mod itself seems as big as some of the dual battery units I’ve used but is much lighter.

Like most other mods, the Geyser V1.5 is turned on and off with five clicks of the fire button. Of course the power adjustment is done with the + and – buttons. Three quick clicks of the fire button will take you into the Settings menu. From there, you can choose between the different modes which are Power, TC Ni, TC SS, TC Ti, TC TCR, VPC, and Bypass. Once selected, the mode will turn from red (selected) to white and be ready for use. Both of the coils included in the kit are KA1 so I was not able to try the TC modes. This is one thing I’ve wondered about on other kits and pods that I’ve reviewed. Why make the device capable of doing TC if you aren’t going to have coils for it? To reset the puff counter, press the fire button three times to enter the Settings, press it twice more to highlight the puffs and press the plus button to clear the puff count. If you would like to recall the count then you can press the plus button again and it will bring back the count.

The display on the front is similar to the Geyser S and looks familiar. The mode is at the top. Below that is the current wattage setting and then below that is the battery meter. In smaller type below that is Coil, Amp, Volt, and Puff. Below the display screen is the + and – buttons and above the screen is the large clicky fire button. The USB-C connection on this mod is on the right side when facing the display instead of below the fire buttons like the S model.

On the back of the unit is Geyser name molded into the plastic back. This is also where the battery is installed. The part of the cover where the Geyser name is molded is raised and you simply put a finger or thumb on that top ridge and pull down to expose the opening to install the battery. Inside the battery compartment it is clearly labeled with a red + on one end and a blue – on the other end.

upload_2020-12-30_15-25-42.jpg

The coils included in the kit are the Model 15s and 15d. The 15s is a single air mesh coil rated for 55-75 watts and the 15d is a dual air mesh coil rated for 60-70 watts. Both coils delivered what I consider to be excellent flavor and large amounts of vapor. However, I felt like the dual coil gave a much denser vapor than the single coil. It was definitely noticeable. I almost always run stock coils lower than recommended and that was the case with the dual coil which I found my sweet spot at 48 watts with both airflow controls turned vertical. The single coil I was able to find a comfortable setting at the minimum 55 watts.

Final thoughts:

I found the Geyser V1.5 to be very comfortable to hold. On the back above the battery cover sticks out some and has a slot cut into it for what I’m guessing is to attach a lanyard. I liked the part sticking out to rest my pointer finger against while thumb firing. It made it very comfortable to hold and I could tell if I was holding it correctly without looking.

Both coils were very good flavor producers but the 15d dual coil was my favorite and would be the one that I would choose to stock. The honeycomb airflow makes for a very smooth and flavorful vapor and is almost infinitely adjustable since both sides being able to be adjusted independently. The flip out levers for adjusting the airflow were a nice touch.

I found the included drip tip to be fairly comfortable to use. The latch system that holds the pod is a good set up and you never have to worry about it coming loose accidentally.

It made perfect sense to me that it uses a 21700 battery with the high wattage coils. I was able to get about 460 puffs with it set at 48 watts before needing to replace the battery and the 15d coil was still producing pretty good flavor.

If I had to pick one or two things to complain about on the Geyser V1.5 then it would be the placement of the fill port where you have to remove the pod to fill. That is inconvenient. Also, not being able to see the liquid level in the pod is not good and feel like VapX could easily remedy that. I would like to see a redesign of the pod where it is clear and a fill port is either on top or in the space below the drip tip.

Overall, it is a really good device. Would I recommend it? I think I would. No device that I’ve seen is perfect. The two minor inconveniences that I’ve mentioned wouldn’t keep me from purchasing it.

Here we are at the end again and I’d like to give a big thanks to Clay and VapX for sending the VapX Geyser V1.5 for the purpose of this review and thanks as always to the readers. Below is a link to the website if you would like a more in depth look.

https://vapx.com/Geyser_V1.5.html#01

Last edited:

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Very nice review Hitt, I like the different shape of the mod and it seems it would be a ergonomic grip. I wish manufacturers would ease up on pod tinting or don't tint it at all giving it a offset look.

I definitely agree. Just make pods clear. To me it doesn’t take away from the aesthetic of the mod.

• Agree
    Reactions: bigbob2322
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread