hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Hello folks. I’m here today with another review for VapX. I was sent the new Violet YK6 Pod device and several boxes of different flavored pre-filled pods for the purpose of providing a fair and honest review. The YK6 in my opinion is very similar in appearance and function of the Violet YK1 that I previously reviewed. However, last time I only received three different flavors of pods and some refillable pods. This time I received one package of each of several different flavored pods but no refillable ones. The YK6 is a very simple device so this shouldn’t take too long to discuss and I’ll try to give a brief opinion on each of the pods that I have tried.

upload_2021-10-8_21-17-47.png

WHAT’S IN THE BOX?

upload_2021-10-8_21-18-30.png

SPECIFICATIONS:

SIZE: 87*19.6*10.5MM

OUTPUT POWER: 7W

BATTERY: 350mah

CHARGE TYPE: USB-C

MODE: LED light presents the effect of breathing light

CHARGE TIME: 75 minutes

FULL BATTERY: The LED light turns off

VAPING: The LED light gradually brightens and turns off

VAPING TIMEOUT 10s PROTECTION: The LED light blinks twice and device stops firing

SHORT CIRCUIT PROTECTION: When a short circuit happens, the device will stop firing and the LED will remain on for 2 seconds.

FIRING DETECTION: When vaping without the pod tank connected, the LED light will blink 3 times

COIL DETECTION: When the pod tank is connected, the LED light illuminates and dims gradually

LOW VOLTAGE DETECTION: When the battery is below 3.2v, the device will stop firing and the LED light will blink 6 times.

upload_2021-10-8_21-22-41.png

upload_2021-10-8_21-23-54.png

upload_2021-10-8_21-24-17.png

INITIAL THOUGHTS:

I’m not sure exactly how the retail version of the Violet YK6 will be packaged but what I received was the device in a two part box with no pods included and received a second package with a very good variety of pre-filled flavored pods. I’m pretty sure that this was due to them being for a review. As I mentioned earlier, the YK6 looks very much like the YK1 that I reviewed previously and was not aware that VapX was releasing a second pod device in this series until I received it.

upload_2021-10-8_21-25-24.png

The YK6 is an auto draw only pod device. There is a single white light on what I would call the face side which illuminates when the air switch is activated by taking a draw. There is a single symbol near the bottom of the face and no other branding. The USB-C charging port is on the bottom of the unit. On either side of the battery is a small airflow hole. I was kind of expecting the light to change color as the power was drained from the battery but it did not. The battery inside the unit is 350mah rated and delivers an output of 7 watts.

upload_2021-10-8_21-26-32.png

Each package of pods includes one coil with an organic cotton wick and three pre-filled pods that are fully sealed and are made of food grade material. The idea behind this is that you use the same coil for all three pods in the package and then dispose of the coil and pods. Then you would need to purchase a new pack of pods. I found the mouthpiece of the pods to be very comfortable to use. When starting a new pod, you simply push the coil into the pod and that allows the liquid to flow to the coil. Each coil has two magnets and two gold colored contacts on the bottom.

upload_2021-10-8_21-27-22.png

FINAL THOUGHTS:

The Violet YK6 was similar enough in appearance to the YK1 that I previously reviewed that I actually thought it was the same unit when I first opened it. It is my understanding that the pods are different but from what I can tell the battery unit appears to be almost identical.

The YK6 is definitely small enough to pocket carry and with no button or screen there’s really no learning curve to speak of in order for a beginner to start using it. The pods are pre-filled and mess free. I experienced no leaking with any of the pods that I tried while testing it and virtually no condensation to speak of. I did have an instance where I had to take a cotton swab and clean the contacts since I was having an intermittent issue with the battery recognizing that the pod was inserted. I didn’t see any liquid or condensation inside the pod port but there must have been something since it worked perfectly after that.

I tried many of the pods that VapX was kind enough to send me including the Caramel Tobacco, Mixed Berry, Strawberry Kiwi, Americano ice, and Sweet Mint. Almost all of the ones I tried had a very strong menthol in them. I kind of wish that the menthol had been left out because the main flavors of the pods was very good but felt like the strong menthol masked the flavors for the most part. The Caramel Tobacco was very good but still had a touch of menthol which I felt wasn’t needed. The rest of them had enough menthol to the point where it provided a very, very strong throat hit almost to the point where it was uncomfortable. It’s not that I don’t like menthol. I do use some menthol and mint liquids but feel like it was over done on most of the pods.

Overall, the YK6 is a solid pod device but with a 350mah battery it isn’t going to last most people all day. It is however good as a pocket stealth carry device and even at 7 watts provides a pretty nice vape.

I’d like to thank VapX and Vera for sending the VapX Violet YK6 for this review. Thanks also goes out to the readers. I don’t have a link to the product yet as it’s not on the website yet but if you’d like to take a look at all of the devices that VapX has to offer then here’s a link to their website.

Vapx | HOME

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread