Variable Voltage Joye eGo, eGo-C Twist!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dill67

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2011
n/a
I been using my standard Riva 510 and also E-power ( from L.F. of-course!) for a many months now and I'm very happy with them, so had no need to shop but being memorial day I thought I would see what was going this weekend. I regret not actually checking in sooner, seems like I missed the Twist boat but, speaking for myself, I'll rather wait until that issue with your supplier is sorted out and place my order from L.F. One question though, do you have an idea when the Twist will be available- just so I can be one of the first customers to place an order (?). Also, do you have any photos' with the Twist and regular Riva together? I see from specs on line the Ego C Twist is slightly longer.

Thanks!

God bless those who defend us all.

Last edited:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I been using my standard Riva 510 and also E-power ( from L.F. of-course!) for a many months now and I'm very happy with them, so had no need to shop but being memorial day I thought I would see what was going this weekend. I regret not actually checking in sooner, seems like I missed the Twist boat but, speaking for myself, I'll rather wait until that issue with your supplier is sorted out and place my order from L.F. One question though, do you have an idea when the Twist will be available- just so I can be one of the first customers to place an order (?). Also, do you have any photos' with the Twist and regular Riva together? I see from specs on line the Ego C Twist is slightly longer.

Thanks!

God bless those who defend us all.

Dill, LF still has the Twist batteries; they are listed under the eGo-C batteries:

Electronic Cigarette - Batteries - Joye eGo-C

Scroll down a bit and you'll see them. They even have some of the ECF special ($19.99 left--just hit the 20% off button in the upper left corner before you cart your stuff).

I don't have a picture, but the Twists are considerably longer than the regular 650 mAh batts--almost 1 inch longer, to be exact, but the same diameter.

God bless them all, indeed.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
Got my Twist (650mah) and it works fine with a 1.8 ohm atomizer. Can't be sure what the max voltage is since I can't measure the voltage with the atomizer attached, but it is considerably more than a fully-charged RIVA battery, based on the extra vapor produced.

I like it. Everyone should get one.

Max Voltage not under load is 5v/// with a 1.5ohm 357 Atty under load I'm getting 3.7V Max under load will obviously differ depending on what ohm Atty/Carto your using though,,,, these Batts are terrific in my opinion, I'm uing the 1000's and for the price you cant beat them or find a better VV Device for the form factor of an Ego :)

motomatt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2012
Ca,U.S.A.
Yeppers! They are nice. I've been using the 650's and have been getting about a whole day off one.

How are these lasting for you guys? Anyone using the 1000mAh?
I have 2 1000mAh batteries they are lasting me about 1 day and 1/2, I wish I would have picked the 650's, 1000's are long.

Last edited:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I sent another inquiry about the Amp limit, but it was among others, and I didn't get an answer to that. I have just sent another follow up.

EDIT: Still no answer... I have asked again. But I've also toyed with mine a bit. Here's what I got -

1. With EGO Twist cranked to 4.8v, my meter reads 4.9 unloaded. With a 1.5ohm (verified) load (DC Carto), The meter reads between 3.8 and 3.9v. Doing some quick math (here: Ohm's Law Calculator), It appears the Amp limit is about 2.5-2.6 Amps.

2. Using a 2.2 ohm cartomizer (a regular 2 ohm, metered at 2.2), and the EGO Twist still cranked up, the meter tells me 4.8v. This would equal a current of about 2.2 amps. Still under the 2.5-2.6 limit we found earlier.

My conclusion: Both the DC and LR cartos hit great. Though... like the LT VV, the EGO-C Twist is likely better suited for single coil cartos, to keep the overall load down. [END EDIT]

Ty

Ty, wrt the Twist's amp limit, look what our friend Kent C just posted in the Burning thread (last paragraph):

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...1-etc-filler-type-cartos-750.html#post6329316

Interesting, eh? ;)

ImYourSalt

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2009
San Diego, CA
liberty-flights.com
The MAX current limit on the ego c twist battery is 3.0A, I got the information from the Joyetech engineer.[/I]

That is interesting. Wayne should know... But that has me wondering...

Why doesnt the EGO-C Twist hit better then? I mean... If I dial my Buzz to 4.8 with a DC 1.5 ohm carto, it kicks like a mule! But If I do that on the Twist, it doesn't seem to hit any better than my Lavatube.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread