The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Variable Voltage Reo Grand

Discussion in 'E-Cigarette APV Reviews' started by Mudflap, May 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Mudflap

Mudflap Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 19, 2010
    Tyler, Texas
    I'm not a reviewer and my webcam is old & busted, but I did have a VV Reo Grand sent to me to beta-test, so here's my best effort at a video review.

Edit: If this is the wrong subforum for this review, I apologize.

2. Emris

Emris Time Lord Verified Member ECF Veteran

I was looking for a good size reference between the different models. Is the VV grand not as wide as the 3.7V Grand or is it the rounded edges making it look that way? Thanks for the video.

3. Mudflap

Dec 19, 2010
    Tyler, Texas
    They're the same width. The rounded edges on the back of the VV Grand give it a more sleek appearance.

4. EGO-maniac

EGO-maniac Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 27, 2012
    St. Cloud, FL
    How do the internals of the vv REO compare to the standard Reo? I'm wondering if the standard REO is upgradeable.

5. Mudflap

Dec 19, 2010
    Tyler, Texas
    The Grand can be used with The Kick and an IMR 18490 battery but it can't be upgraded with the same VV electronics used in the VV Grand.

[​IMG]

6. Theken

Theken Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 1, 2011
    Gilbert, Arizona
    Would love to order one but they are always "out of stock".

7. Mudflap

Dec 19, 2010
    Tyler, Texas
    This is a new model that hasn't been released yet, but should go on sale June 19th.

Edit: Rob is still waiting for the VV electronics to be delivered to him so that he can build these APV's. The last post of this thread is always the most current information on pending sales dates. That thread stays closed but is kept current as information becomes available.

8. Mudflap

Dec 19, 2010
    Tyler, Texas
    For anyone keeping tabs on this model:

The hold up is delivery of the VV chips. Once he gets them, he'll complete assembly and offer these Reos for sale as soon as he can.

9. Mudflap

Dec 19, 2010
    Tyler, Texas
    The first run of the Variable Voltage Reo Grand will go on sale tomorrow! (Sept. 8, 2012 @ 7:00pm EDT)

There will be a good variety of color choices and finishes will include anodized, powder coated, and some metal-flake painted Reos that sparkle more than a Twilight vampire in daylight. Approximately 200 will be available as soon as they go on sale. A few hundred more will become available in the days and weeks to follow.

Check 'em out.

If you already own a Reo Grand, Reo Mini, or Reo Mini 2.0 (18490), I highly recommend you grab a Delrin Button Top for it.

10. jlazarus

jlazarus Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 30, 2009
    My husband ordered one of these last night. However, I'm trying to figure out exactly what batteries and charger he needs.....if anyone can point me in the right direction with a link that would be great! ;-)

Thanks!

11. kabonk

kabonk Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 1, 2010
    NW Detroit Burbs
  12. HzG8rGrl

HzG8rGrl Trippy Tip Hoarder Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 11, 2009
    *The Swamp*
    Here is a link to owners manuals. Can't hurt to take a read before the arrival! User Manuals

13. jlazarus

jlazarus Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 30, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.