Varible (power/wattage) bottom feeder with an oLED/LCD

Status
Not open for further replies.

donneee

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2012
Norfolk, VA, USA
I'm on a serious hunt right now, been searching for something that meets my very specific criteria for a whole 4 hours non-stop today. maybe a whole days worth since i started my search a about a week ago.

I did find a VV box mod a long long time ago, but i've messed with a vmod and loved the fact that it was just so easy to grab-and-go-feed anywhere at any given time.

now i want to step it up. i'd even pay the money to build it if it already isn't out there. just give me a pm if you can do this task for me.

Basically, i'm looking for a bottom feeding darwin mod. not a variable voltage bottom feeder, but variable power/wattage if i didn't make it clear enough.

it has to have all the bells and whistles from both a darwin and a bottom feeder. the easy-on-the-fly dial to change the wattage in real time and as i take a hit. a small compact form factor comparable to a vmod xl or reo woodvil. it can even be a propitiatory battery. It has to have some kind of indicator such as an LED somewhere on it, top, bottom, on the side? so i can measure my ohms, volt, watts, and battery life. it doesn't have to also be a pass through... i have enough devices atm where i can use this or that while i wait for it to charge. i'd also like a calandar, time, date, wifi, and 4G on it, but i think i can settle without those :p

if someone can build me such a device, i can give idea's how to make the dial, pocket friendly so it won't adjust at all on accident. i've had a lot of time to think about this, as i'd try to build one, wrote ideas down, researched, found the dna-12 today, researched a bit more and thought out ways to make it so that only when you push down the actual dial, you can only adjust the wattage then; without remembering the fact that i suck at building stuff from scratch.

and before you say surge + mini-provari/darwin....
don't even go there :mad:. i like the idea, but i don't like the aesthetics.

Last edited:

donneee

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2012
Norfolk, VA, USA
i'm going to start bumping this, cause i'm quite sure it doesn't exist out there. at least not for retail. what i would give for everything the darwin has in a smaller sleeker bottom feeding form factor =(.

perhaps a man with goat in his forum name could make us one. i can't remember the actual name though... old goat?

V8inDamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 10, 2012
LOST IN THE CLOUDS-USA
I'm on a serious hunt right now, been searching for something that meets my very specific criteria for a whole 4 hours non-stop today. maybe a whole days worth since i started my search a about a week ago.

I did find a VV box mod a long long time ago, but i've messed with a vmod and loved the fact that it was just so easy to grab-and-go-feed anywhere at any given time.

now i want to step it up. i'd even pay the money to build it if it already isn't out there. just give me a pm if you can do this task for me.

Basically, i'm looking for a bottom feeding darwin mod. not a variable voltage bottom feeder, but variable power/wattage if i didn't make it clear enough.

it has to have all the bells and whistles from both a darwin and a bottom feeder. the easy-on-the-fly dial to change the wattage in real time and as i take a hit. a small compact form factor comparable to a vmod xl or reo woodvil. it can even be a propitiatory battery. It has to have some kind of indicator such as an LED somewhere on it, top, bottom, on the side? so i can measure my ohms, volt, watts, and battery life. it doesn't have to also be a pass through... i have enough devices atm where i can use this or that while i wait for it to charge. i'd also like a calandar, time, date, wifi, and 4G on it, but i think i can settle without those :p

if someone can build me such a device, i can give idea's how to make the dial, pocket friendly so it won't adjust at all on accident. i've had a lot of time to think about this, as i'd try to build one, wrote ideas down, researched, found the DNA-12 today, researched a bit more and thought out ways to make it so that only when you push down the actual dial, you can only adjust the wattage then; without remembering the fact that i suck at building stuff from scratch.

and before you say surge + mini-provari/darwin....
don't even go there :mad:. i like the idea, but i don't like the aesthetics.

Hey don't pass up the wifi,4g, date, and time cause I take one too! Heres a lil bump. :vapor::vapor:

V8inDamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 10, 2012
LOST IN THE CLOUDS-USA
Introducing Bull Box Mods!!!!
So this has gone from a hobby to me selling a few of these a week. I have been making variable voltage mods from different exotic woods. They have gold/silver fitting for the 510 connection and potentiometer. I have tried to find the best quality parts to use in the mods. The idea behind these boxes is for them to be luxury box mods. The inside of the mods are laid with a nice brown felt and all the wiring is hidden the top portion of the box so it cannot be seen. These mods measure 1 3/4 x 1 1/8 x 3 5/8.

What makes these boxes special is the finish. The finish alone takes around 5 days. It is a 10 coat, hand rubbed polyurethane finish. If you do not know what that is, it is one of the most time consuming yet/best looking finishes you can put on wood. The mod has a feel unlike ANYTHING you will ever put in your hand. If you have any questions pm me. I will update stock here and all orders will be done through ecf until I can get a site running.

More of my work can be seen here

Flickr: bbulich's Photostream

Right now I have two boxes available
Unlike other retail wood mods I have spent about 20 hours on each box. I have put so much time and care into each one to make sure everything was done right. I should be asking much more, but I want people to see how nice these are. For this reason I am asking 140. This kind of quality will not be found elsewhere.

Thank you for looking
Brett
Bocote

Ebony

Ok I found this guy I'm still looking for old goat I thought I had him BKM but I'm not finding him ; ( I will keep on looking

donneee

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2012
Norfolk, VA, USA
hmm interesting enough for me to look over it but i still see it as a vv box =/. i need the darwin in a box form with bottom feeding capabilities :p i will however ask him if he can make me a power regulated version with an oled screen. i have my own blueprints of a "dream box mod" i'd like to come real; maybe he/she could help.

V8inDamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 10, 2012
LOST IN THE CLOUDS-USA
I read on there that he takes idea's so that's one of the reason's I sent ya there. In hopes that with your blueprint's he could make your dream come true ; ). I also found another one but not sure if he can do the technical things you want. But he does do them in different ways. If you want the link to that one let me know I would more than happy to help. I will keep on looking also I love researching things that's why I don't have a lot of post counts. I'm more a looky lou lol. Please keep me informed as to how you are making out. Also please let me know if you would like the link to the other one. Do remember that it never hurts to ask any of them if they could do what you like. Also if you want credit for it if they do it ALWAYS put your name on whatever you send and copy's of them and maybe you should have it notarize before sending it this way you have prove you sent the idea to them. Just something to think about as you could make some money on it if it does work out. Anyway like I said please let me know how it goes and if you want you can PM me any time too. So I'm off to keep on looking :w00t:

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
Aside from the screen, which really isn't neccessary, I was able to mount a DNA 12 inside the VmodXL ww/ the adjustment soldered directly to the board.

You're asking for a lot of stuff in one package. Expect the package to be quite large. I love my VmodXL. I ended up mounting the Kick by Evolv under the bottle, so I can use the 18650. The 18500 with the Kick was just not sufficient run-time for me. With the 18650 I still only get 10-12hrs run-time.

I swapped the DNA 12 out to use in another dual 18650 boxmod. I'm getting over 24hrs, now. I'm in the development stage of incorporating the feed system of the VmodXL into a box with dual 18650s and the DNA. I see no need in all the blinky extras, as once I find the sweet spot on the dial, I don't care what the numbers say.

Good luck in your search!

donneee

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2012
Norfolk, VA, USA
hm, i've really thought about why i wanted wanted a screen but it's more so for protection.

i have 4 main devices i'm using atm. There was one incident where my hh.357 wouldn't work on my vmod but worked on my ego's (don't ask why i put it on an ego). worked on my 2 smoktechs, my passthrou, but why not on my vmod =/. i didn't know. frustrated i tried to make it "brand new" again cleaning everything in it with everything non-toxic stuff to get rid of the goo on the coils. after some very extensive researching i found i had a short in the atty itself (at least i think it was a short). upon further research that dark goo/crust (from oxidation) was actually "good" for the atty.

sour experience but was my fault cause i dry burned and cleaned with vinegar X_X. all to try to make it work (again).

with a screen displaying my ohm/volts/watts/and\or batt life, i know where the problem is right then and there. it's more for safety reasoning i want it cause i'll end up breaking something into nothing trying to improperly fix it.

V8inDamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 10, 2012
LOST IN THE CLOUDS-USA
It NEVER hurts to dream!! As sometimes our dreams do come true. Plus NEVER NEVER give up on them as it makes our life's so much more interesting. I admire you for going after what you want!! Have you found any others that may be able to help you? Also did you talk to the one I gave you a link to? Please keep us up to date on this link as I am very curious as to how you make out. As I said I do have at least one more link if you would like it please let me know. I really wish you all the luck in the world to help you find this dream come true. Cause you are working hard to help it come along and not sitting back and waiting for it to come to you. Vape Hardy!!!

donneee

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2012
Norfolk, VA, USA
hmm i did talk to him. he's currently going to keep his box as is for now. sooner or later he'll implement a screen on it, but it's not really what i'm looking for.

the closest thing i can think of has most of these features but is a vv mod is this:

the only thing i'd want that ultimo to do is be a bottom feeder and instead of vv it'd use vw along with a thumb-wheel/fly-wheel on the side or top or even under the o-led screen. =S

i'd actually like to own it but gotvapes don't make it anymore =(.

if anyone is up to a challenge, i will fund a project on building my dream mod after the 3rd week of august ;)

V8inDamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 10, 2012
LOST IN THE CLOUDS-USA
Hey I have been Thinking. What about the guy or guys at notcigs? Maybe you should contact them. He may be interested in doing something like that. But PLEASE PLEASE don't forget to do the things I suggested like signing and keeping copy's of EVERYTHING emails and all,plus having the blueprints notarized before sending the to anyone. This helps you in the long run if anyone does do it ; ) Good luck!!! And if you need me to do anything don't hesitate to contact me.

donneee

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2012
Norfolk, VA, USA
hmm will do. i was actually thinking about contacting evolv cause a darwin with extras in a different form factor is what i want. i suppose anyone that knows how to tinker with a dna-12 board can build me something though. and i will keep in mind about signing and keeping copies of blue prints. i have to actually draw my ideas out cause right now their just listed. i might just even lay out my ideas here in this thread and post pictures later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread