Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
I was terrible underwhelmed and disappointed with my MXV4. One of the biggest regrettable hardware purchases I've made, may even be the most regrettable. It's just gives off such a horribly unsatusfying vape. The flavor is practically non existent and the screws are so annoying to work with. They're all half to completely stripped after just a few builds, smh, when will modders stop incorporating Phillips head screws in attys, seriously? They never last and it's so difficult to try and find replacement screws that fit. I spent three hours at Home Depot trying to match and then when that bore no results jerry rig some kind of screw that would fit an rda I own. Even after all that I still wasn't able to find any solution, smh

Fat Daddy Vapes. They have a set of hex screws--M6, M3, M2.5 and M2--and one set of those will fit just about any atty you throw at it. So that will fix those terrible, lose screws, but it won't make the atty much better unfortunately. But you will be able to get a build that won't have unstable ohms.

For me, hex/socket/grub screws are perfect (though I just like any screws that won't back out). But, they do strip easily if using an allen key. I prefer the hex screw drivers.

Last edited:

Paopawdecarabao

Jul 9, 2015
2h4b7th.jpg

Tried the vertical coil build 7 wraps 26g Kanthal 3mm ID reading at 0.55ohms.

Nothing much of a difference for the flavor. Am I doing it wrong?

vaperXant

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2014
New Mexico
Just got mine in last night, paid around 36$. It vaped kindof weak until I removed mesh screen, then it was perfect! The mesh restricts the airflow because moisture gets trapped so it should be removed. The spitback is minimal so its really not worth having it in.

I'm using Ti Grade 1 wire

DUAL .40 mm 26 gauge, 6 wraps @ 2.5 ID = ~ .14 ohms

Perfect vape at any Joules setting. I am vaping fairly high at around 60-100J and 480F

The vector itself is build great and very light, threading is smooth. Best RDA I have ever purchased

Reactions: WharfRat1976

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
2h4b7th.jpg

Tried the vertical coil build 7 wraps 26g Kanthal 3mm ID reading at 0.55ohms.

Nothing much of a difference for the flavor. Am I doing it wrong?
You have zero air flow in that build. It completely defeats the purpose of the atty. Use one linear piece of wick to touch the bottom of the deck and it should extend 1mm above the coil. A simple fatty straightline vertical wick up and down. All you need. The vapor will be able to swirl and breath and create the flavor you desire. Make sure the tops of your wicks do not block your airholes in your top cap. You will be good to go. Less wick is MORE.

Paopawdecarabao

Jul 9, 2015
You have zero air flow in that build. It completely defeats the purpose of the atty. Use one linear piece of wick to touch the bottom of the deck and it should extend 1mm above the coil. A simple fatty straightline vertical wick up and down. All you need. The vapor will be able to swirl and breath and create the flavor you desire. Make sure the tops of your wicks do not block your airholes in your top cap. You will be good to go. Less wick is MORE.

Thank you for your advise. If I build a twisted coil build would flavor help and which is better vertical coil or horizontal? I've made a 2strands of 26g kanthal haven't wrapped it yet but don't know whats gonna be the result of the resistance. I wanted a .4 or .5.

Reactions: WharfRat1976

sahsah

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2013
los angeles, california, USA
Where can I get one of those? I wish the tip was more shorty wide style but that would be an upgrade for sure.
Couldn't you just use wtvr tip you like? Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that white tip just to show what it looks like with a dt installed? Personally I love my dot mod friction fit tips, so I think it'd be great to get that top piece and throw ol' dotty in it lol

HeiSINberg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ
What's it made of, delrin? I wish it was literally identical to the original cap, just without the dt part...
Yeah it's made of delrin and there is no drip tip with this top. You get to use whatever tip you like. That's another reason why I got it.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Reactions: sahsah

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
Thank you for your advise. If I build a twisted coil build would flavor help and which is better vertical coil or horizontal? I've made a 2strands of 26g kanthal haven't wrapped it yet but don't know whats gonna be the result of the resistance. I wanted a .4 or .5.
I do dual horizontals, 2mmID, 8/7, 26g. That should get you your .4 or so. Raise the coils about 1 to 2mm and centered under the top cap 3 holes for each coil. Use a healthy shouldered wick with a little bit splashed out on the floor of the deck. Make sure the underside of your coil is completely open and free from any wick.

HeiSINberg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ
Will that be on all new orders do you know or is it an extra for purchase? Ive been looking for my first RDA and thinking of making the Vector my choice.
Honestly I'm not sure. Knowing them you'll probly have to buy it separate. But I could be wrong on that. If I find out I will come back and post it up here.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Reactions: sahsah
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread