Vegetable Glycerin From Whole Foods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tweak401

Sep 2, 2020
Ma
My grandmother had gone to whole foods and I told her to get me a bottle of VG and when she gave it to me, I looked at it and it says "Moisturizing Vegetable Glycerin". I asked her where in the store did she get it and she said in the hair/body care section. I looked at the Label and its ingredients only say vegetable glycerin but doesn't say USP food grade, so I'm very skeptical. Is this stuff safe to vape cause I'm almost out of VG and I want to know if I can use it or not?

Attachments

• 20201026_145807.jpg
    20201026_145807.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Reactions: Plumes.91

Tweak401

Sep 2, 2020
Ma
Not marked as USP grade, don't vape it.
Walmart does have USP grade VG, in the 1st aid section. Humco Glycerin USP
Aight, thanks that's what I figured.

I got really good VG from Amazon, needed it next day, so worth the price to me. It was as clean tasting as the stuff from river supply. I'll dig up the link if you need it.
Unfortunately, I'm broke and don't get my disability check until the 3rd of next month, or else I would have just done that already cause I can get a gallon of really good VG for $32 on AMAZON and have it in 2 days. Anyways if you can give me the link to the 1 you get ill take a look at it for when i can get it. I wonder if its the same 1 that i usually get

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA

Tweak401

Sep 2, 2020
    Ma
    • When you get that disability check, get it from a DIY vape vendor/juice manufacturer, then you know it's good for vaping, and cheaper...
    I know all the places where I can get VG from that's good for Vaping, I only posted this asking if I could use the VG from Whole Foods since I already had it.

Tweak401

Sep 2, 2020
    Ma
    I have actually tried that 1 and its really good, I haven't tried River Supply or DIY Vapor Supply but I heard both of them taste amazing so I'm going to try those next once i get my check

Tweak401

Sep 2, 2020
    Ma
    You got your answer, then you showed interest in other sources, hence my post!

Sorry to try to help. Jeeeeeeez!
    I wasn't interested in other sources, I only asked him for the link to see if it was the same 1 that I usually get off of Amazon. Anyways i wasn't biting your head off cause if i was you would know, Hence the screenname/Nickname. Thanks for the recommendation tho, i do appreciate it but it just wasn't what I was looking for or asked for.

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 7, 2015
    Toledo, Ohio
    I know all the places where I can get VG from that's good for Vaping, I only posted this asking if I could use the VG from Whole Foods since I already had it.
    Yeah don't use that stuff. Although winter is nigh and the skin will dry out... It is labeled moisturizer after all.
    :lol:

$32 a gallon is a bit pricey though. Maybe free shipping and your satisfaction with the seller makes it worth it though.

$11.49 a gallon at Nicotine River and they do free shipping at $50. Works for me as I got nicotine and flavors as well as vg and pg a few times over the last couple years.

Vegetable Glycerin

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Yeah don't use that stuff. Although winter is nigh and the skin will dry out... It is labeled moisturizer after all.

$32 a gallon is a bit pricey though. Maybe free shipping and your satisfaction with the seller makes it worth it though.

$11.49 a gallon at Nicotine River and they do free shipping at $50. Works for me as I got nicotine and flavors as well as vg and pg a few times over the last couple years.

Vegetable Glycerin

Stop posting helpful links!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He already knows!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Good luck with that attitude @Tweak401

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 7, 2015
    Toledo, Ohio
    Stop posting helpful links!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He already knows!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Good luck with that attitude @Tweak401
    Hahaha relax relax, it's all in context , man. Just read the text in a lighter happier voice, and you'll be happier. It's too easy to mistake intention when you can't see body language or hear a voice.

• Optimistic

Tweak401

Sep 2, 2020
    Ma

Vegetable Glycerin
    Ya, I was really hesitant about the Whole Foods VG to cause the Moisturizing part which is why I posted about it and wasn't going to touch it until I knew if it was safe or not, and thank god I was skeptical. I just got some really Amazing Nic from LiquidNicotineWholesale 2 a week ago and then Saturday I ordered a bunch of PG free Concentrates (I'm Allergic to PG) from DIY Vapor Supply but completely forgot to check to see how much VG I had left like an idiot. Definitely think I'm going to try Nicotine River Supply Next for VG after I get my usual bottle from Amazon, cause I love the taste of the 1 I get from Amazon.

• Optimistic

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 7, 2015
    Toledo, Ohio
    Ya, I was really hesitant about the Whole Foods VG to cause the Moisturizing part which is why I posted about it and wasn't going to touch it until I knew if it was safe or not, and thank god I was skeptical. I just got some really Amazing Nic from LiquidNicotineWholesale 2 a week ago and then Saturday I ordered a bunch of PG free Concentrates (I'm Allergic to PG) from DIY Vapor Supply but completely forgot to check to see how much VG I had left like an idiot. Definitely think I'm going to try Nicotine River Supply Next for VG after I get my usual bottle from Amazon, cause I love the taste of the 1 I get from Amazon.

I think Nic River's VG is comparable to any better stuff out there, though I certainly haven't tried many others. That's the word on the street though, as it were.
    I can say that for two years they have had great service, based in California, even when they had to shut down due to wildfires rolling right through their neighborhood lol.
    I have seen some of your other posts, and unfortunately they probably don't have vg based flavorings. Glad you found a good source for those.

Tweak401

Sep 2, 2020
    Ma
    I think Nic River's VG is comparable to any better stuff out there, though I certainly haven't tried many others. That's the word on the street though, as it were.
    I can say that for two years they have had great service, based in California, even when they had to shut down due to wildfires rolling right through their neighborhood lol.
    I have seen some of your other posts, and unfortunately, they probably don't have vg based flavorings. Glad you found a good source for those.
    Ya, thank god I did. On DIY Vapor Supply all of the Real Flavors are made and extracted with VG only except for:
    1. White Chocolate (RF) has 2.75% PG
    2. Yogurt (RF) has 1.85% PG
    3. Toasted Blend (RF) has under 1% PG
    I had emailed the company first to ask them about what else they sold that wasn't made with PG or has PG in it and they told me that only those 3 in the Real Flavor Concentrates section has PG in it and all of Nature's Flavors are PG free. There is a couple here and there with other companies that make none PG Concentrates but you have to actually look at the Safety data sheet for them first which is a pain but there are a lot of Flavored Concentrates out there without any PG whatsoever you just have to look or email the company and ask them after saying you have an Allergy to PG

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 7, 2015
    Toledo, Ohio
    Ya, thank god I did. On DIY Vapor Supply all of the real flavors are made and extracted with VG only except for:
    1. White Chocolate (RF) has 2.75% PG
    2. Yogurt (RF) has 1.85% PG
    3. Toasted Blend (RF) has under 1% PG
    I had emailed the company first to ask them about what else they sold that wasn't made with PG or has PG in it and they told me that only those 3 in the Real Flavor Concentrates section has PG in it and all of Nature's Flavors are PG free. There is a couple here and there with other companies that make none PG Concentrates but you have to actually look at the Safety data sheet for them first which is a pain but there are a lot of Flavored Concentrates out there without any PG whatsoever you just have to look or email the company and ask them after saying you have an Allergy to PG
    Interesting. I don't seem to have an issue with pg, but I have thought about minimizing it or eliminating it before. Good to know.

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    VG is used in lots of common products. They used to have a product called "corn huskers lotion" It's mostly VG because it doesn't irritate skin that has minor cuts (common with people that shuck corn) VG is also great for enemas (mixed with water) Commonly used for pet enemas (saved our old cat's life) I doubt it would harm you to use that for a short time but yes, you should not use anything that doesn't say USP. I first got my VG from the drugstore (very good quality) but crazy expensive for a small bottle.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread