Vegetable glycerine with demineralized water

Status
Not open for further replies.

Happi

Oct 5, 2008
Danmark
I have a bottle of chemically pure glycerine. It contains: 86% vegetable glycerine, 14% demineralized water. pH about 7

My question is, can it be used to dilute e-juice, without any health concerns?

As can be read in this report...
http://www.who.int/water_sanitation_health/dwq/nutdemineralized.pdf
demineralized water is not safe to drink, but what will be the effect when vapourized and inhaled?

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
Demineralised water "...is water that has had its mineral ions removed, such as cations from sodium, calcium, iron, copper and anions such as chloride and bromide. Deionization is a physical process which uses specially-manufactured ion exchange resins which bind to and filter out the mineral salts from water. Because the majority of water impurities are dissolved salts, deionization produces a high purity water that is generally similar to distilled water, and this process is quick and without scale buildup. However, deionization does not significantly remove uncharged organic molecules, viruses or bacteria, except by incidental trapping in the resin. Specially made strong base anion resins can remove Gram-negative bacteria. Deionization can be done continuously and inexpensively using electrodeionization..."

Purified water - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Happi

Oct 5, 2008
Danmark
Chemically pure should mean that it's at least 99% pure. That's not my concern.

I have heard that drinking demineralized water is not healthy, so I looked it up and found that WHO report, which confirms what I have heard. It seems that the demineralized water will take the minerals from your body, so long term use can lead to mineral deficiency. Also, according to the report, distilled and demineralized bottled water should be re-mineralized to counter that.

Another concern is, will it be bad for my e-cigs...

Demineralised water is highly aggressive and if untreated, its distribution
through pipes and storage tanks would not be possible. The aggressive
water attacks the water distribution piping and leaches metals and other
materials from the pipes and associated plumbing materials.

Wether it is safe to drink or not, I guess it's a question of the quantities consumed. But I don't know anything about how much that is. And another thing, I don't know if demineralized water will have any, long term, bad effects when vapourized and inhaled.

So, I'm sort of hoping someone with expert knowledge can enligthen me on this matter :)

What about the vg that you use, is it pure vg, or also mixed with water?

The VG I mix with is Pure and rated for internal use, as well as external.
I got it locally but this is what i use.
NOW VITAMINS - GLYCERINE VEGETABLE 16 FL OZ
You can add water to thin it, because it is fairly thick.
I get High Strength e-liquid, then cut it to have a perfect mix for myself.
The exact mesurements, i dont know, i do it by feel.
I used to mix gallons of fog juice, and that dosent need much, its mostly water.

The water you use wont matter much. I use pure water/distilled. Minerals can leave deposits on your atomizer, but in such small amounts i dont think it would matter. The Atomizer will fail before you can collect any calcium deposits.

take the minerals from your body
What?
I never heard of the WHO before coming to this forum, but the more i read, the more i think they have NO Clue on what they report on.

I know there are a couple of Doctors on this forum, Maybe they can answer that part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread