Vegetarian/Vegan/Raw Vapers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shivadance

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Nebraska, USA
Any vegetarian, vegan or raw food folks on the forum? I know smoking wouldn't exactly fit in with the lifestyle, but now that I'm vaping I'm not embarassed to say I'm a veggie vaper. :D

I created a social group to see if there any veg folks around. I'm vegetarian but working toward the vegan goal and just looking for like-minded folks to talk to. Feel free to come by and join if you're a veg vaper too! Thanks!

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/groups/veggie-vapers.html

That I am, and I know what you mean about having been a smoker and being a vegetarian, as well. [Lacto-ovo, by the way.] I'd be lying if I said I'd never been questioned about that being a contradiction. :rolleyes: Anyways, I saw that no one else had replied yet, so I just wanted to let you know you're not alone in this department, lol.

shivadance

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Nebraska, USA
That I am, and I know what you mean about having been a smoker and being a vegetarian, as well. [Lacto-ovo, by the way.] I'd be lying if I said I'd never been questioned about that being a contradiction. :rolleyes: Anyways, I saw that no one else had replied yet, so I just wanted to let you know you're not alone in this department, lol.

Hi Scarlette! I see you joined the social group, that's awesome!

I'm so glad I found vaping, it definately fits in better with the lifestyle. :) Don't have to worry about the whole response about how meat pollutes the body but what are you doing to it with the cigs? Plus the last year or two I've really felt like smoking has been my dirty secret and I couldn't wait to get rid of it somehow.

Anywho, once we get 5 members we can actually show up on the main page under the social forums. We're closer now, thanks!

ladybug

ECF Veteran
May 7, 2009
northern calif.
Hi everybody! I am almost vegetarian,I do eat fish and chicken once in a while,also love my eggs and cheese:),When I do eat meat it is usually fish,since my dad fishes a lot ,it is free and I know it's good for me,he fishes for trout and steelhead,yum! I stay far away from red meat of all kinds,pass on the ribs and no thanks to the hamburgers! I am a Boca Burger girl,it just feels so much healthier. I have been doing it that way for about 4 years now,and once in a while I think about that quarter pounder burger and fries my husband is eating looks so good,than I look at the calorie sheet and fat,it stops me cold! I think vegetarians stay slimmer and healthier,so that is why I stay away from it,and I want tojoin your site.

HaploVoss

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2009
Rogersville, MO - USA
NOW is the time for COW! :D

My Brother is a vegetarian actually, but I have to admit that I am quite the omnivore. I did try to take meat out of my diet once, but my seizures (epilepsy) went through the roof. Tried all sorts of protein replacements, etc. But nothing worked... went back to my regular diet which contained pretty regular portions of beef and fish. No more seizures. Go figger. :p

Glad all of you are doing well and are able to keep a stable diet like that. It has to be better for you.

Take care,
- Hap

shivadance

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Nebraska, USA
Hi everybody! I am almost vegetarian,I do eat fish and chicken once in a while,also love my eggs and cheese:),When I do eat meat it is usually fish,since my dad fishes a lot ,it is free and I know it's good for me,he fishes for trout and steelhead,yum! I stay far away from red meat of all kinds,pass on the ribs and no thanks to the hamburgers! I am a Boca Burger girl,it just feels so much healthier. I have been doing it that way for about 4 years now,and once in a while I think about that quarter pounder burger and fries my husband is eating looks so good,than I look at the calorie sheet and fat,it stops me cold! I think vegetarians stay slimmer and healthier,so that is why I stay away from it,and I want tojoin your site.

That's awesome ladybug, I see you've joined! Anyone who had veg info to share or wants to participate is welcome. When I find a great veggie burger or snack I always want to go tell someone about it and this is the only forum I ever go to so was hoping I'd find some folks like you as well. :) See you in the forum!

shivadance

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Nebraska, USA
NOW is the time for COW! :D

My Brother is a vegetarian actually, but I have to admit that I am quite the omnivore. I did try to take meat out of my diet once, but my seizures (epilepsy) went through the roof. Tried all sorts of protein replacements, etc. But nothing worked... went back to my regular diet which contained pretty regular portions of beef and fish. No more seizures. Go figger. :p

Glad all of you are doing well and are able to keep a stable diet like that. It has to be better for you.

Take care,
- Hap

With all the meat-free substitutes and such now I have to worry about eating too much protein and make sure I get enough veggies. All the choices almost make it harder. :D But when it comes to your health you can't compromise. It's great you tried but sorry it didn't work out for you health wise. :(

Jay9928

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2009
Phoenix, Az.
PhzDz.jpg

Had to post it :D Just yankin' your chain.

shivadance

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Nebraska, USA
i want to see an expose on the Boca Burger company and see all the atrocities done to make them ;)

The poor soy plants, I hear them screaming in my head every day as the tractors scoop them up, tearing them from their roots. 8-o

jay9928 - The Carnivore poster is funny! I'll have to show my co-worker, he'll get the biggest kick out of it. :D

See, some veg heads have a sense of humor!

Acesfool

Apr 10, 2009
Houston, TX
One thing to keep in mind is that vegetarian and vegan are two different things. Vegetarian can be somewhat healthy. Vegan on the other hand is outright dangerous. I used to work in a hospital and I heard doctors over and over repeat that their hardest patients to treat were people who lived a vegan lifestyle. Basically it really weakens the immune system.

Their second hardest to treat were infections from tongue piercings.

shivadance

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Nebraska, USA
One thing to keep in mind is that vegetarian and vegan are two different things. Vegetarian can be somewhat healthy. Vegan on the other hand is outright dangerous. I used to work in a hospital and I heard doctors over and over repeat that their hardest patients to treat were people who lived a vegan lifestyle. Basically it really weakens the immune system.

Their second hardest to treat were infections from tongue piercings.

Yes, vegetarian and vegan are different. Either style can be completely healthy if a variety of foods are eaten and supplements are taken. It's not terribly difficult to be a completely healthy vegan or vegetarian, it just takes some variety, healthy proteins and avoiding saturated fat.

I doubt the 2nd hardest patients to treat had tongue piercing infections. Ever known someone treated for pancreatic cancer? Brain tumors? Those are pretty hard to treat. But I assume the doctors you overheard worked in a different area. I bet a lot of doctors would love to have vegans and infected tongue piercings be the hards things to treat. :)

I've been vegan at times and had a tongue piercing (minus the infection). Still here, still kicking!

Last edited:

mischiefgrrl

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
Los Angeles
I've met unhealthy vegetarians and vegans before. They're like anyone else who doesn't research their diet and make sure they have it properly balanced. I've been completely vegetarian since last Spring with the exception of having sushi 3 times since. Several viruses have gone though my work since and I haven't gotten one of them. That was while being a veggie and STILL smoking. My energy is great. I also eat a lot of fresh fruit and raw vegetables every day and get plenty of protein through whole grains and legumes as well as a careful balance of supplements.

Healthy balance is the key to any diet and avoiding processed foods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread