Not open for further replies.

Vesuvius

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2010
vape Mail Day :D

Got a Tobeco Velocity Clone.
I usually run dual 26g kanthal around .4 or .5

I enjoy .2 but, It is usually to hot a vape for me.

It seems like the setup on the Velocity/Clone is more suited for much lower ohm builds around .1 to .3 with all of the air you can pull through it, maybe making a .2 build not be such a hot vape with said air flow options.

Am I correct in that assumption?

If you have a Velocity/Clone, how do you run yours?

danielpm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2012
Braga, Portugal
I found out the answer to it.
Did a dual .28 build on it and opened up the air a bit.
Loaded it with some Muffin Man and it hits like 10 inch straight stacks on a big rig!! Wasn't a hot Vape either so, :thumbs:
My favorite VW build on velocity is 26" kanthal/SS @ 0.5Ohm. Lower is to hot for me, and my Evic VTC don't last long.

Now I only use TC with SS.

danielpm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2012
Braga, Portugal
I know nothing when it comes to SS and TC only having a Mech. Kanthal is all I know.

Can you run SS coils on a Mech? Or are they strictly for TC devices?
SS is the only wire (right now) that you can use in both VV/VW and TC. Give it a try on your mech, is the cleanest vape that I can get.

Reactions: MMW

Tol

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2011
NY
My favorite VW build on velocity is 26" kanthal/SS @ 0.5Ohm. Lower is to hot for me, and my Evic VTC don't last long.

Now I only use TC with SS.
That is my basic go-to build as well on the velocity. Kanthal or Nichrome. I also built 0.11 dual nickel for TC and it worked very well

sent using Tapatalk

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
Tobeco Velocity with chuff tip - I like dual 24ga Kanthal .34Ω @ 75W-80W

I close air flow all the way, with one of the air slits towards me.
Then I turn the upper half, counting how many holes pass above that slit and stop it when the 17th hole gets over it. That shows the slit a little less than half open. That gives me the airflow resistance I like and keeps it cool enough after getting past the initial spit.

I only tried one other build at .44Ω and like this one better, enough to not bother with trying any others.
I keep my vaping as simple as possible and don't fix what ain't broke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread