Velocity style decks... I'm done with anything else!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
anyone else GREATLY prefer one type of build deck? Even not the Velocity? If so, why?

I have lots of rta/RBAs, but the only deck that is always simple to build on is a Velocity style. Unless a new style of deck comes out that is even easier to build on, I'm officially avoiding anything other than Velocity. I still like my Crown and Kanger RBAs, but IMO nothing touches the Velocity deck.

My Tsunamis, Griffins, Aromamizer and Velocity clones are just so damned easy to build!

Dubminer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
anyone else GREATLY prefer one type of build deck? Even not the Velocity? If so, why?

I have lots of rta/RBAs, but the only deck that is always simple to build on is a Velocity style. Unless a new style of deck comes out that is even easier to build on, I'm officially avoiding anything other than Velocity. I still like my Crown and Kanger RBAs, but IMO nothing touches the Velocity deck.

My Tsunamis, Griffins, Aromamizer and Velocity clones are just so damned easy to build!

I agree velocity style are great but i find my kayfun V5 decks dead easy to build on as well.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona

I have lots of RTA/RBAs, but the only deck that is always simple to build on is a Velocity style. Unless a new style of deck comes out that is even easier to build on, I'm officially avoiding anything other than Velocity. I still like my Crown and Kanger RBAs, but IMO nothing touches the Velocity deck.

There are good Velocity style decks, and there are Velocity decks that have tge Posts too far apart.

I liked tge Ohmega nano RTA but you had to have 12-15 wraps to reach from Post to Post.

I like a .8-1 ohm coils so 6 wraps on a 2 mm coil with 28 gauge wire or 8 wraps with 26 gauge (i'm talking Kanthal. I don't do TC).

I know Someone will say put two bends in tge wire to reach the posts then you run into tge problem of a hot leg.

I say dont put tge Posts so freaking far apart!

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
Regardless of the type of deck being used in any rebuildable I enjoy building on complex rda/RTA/rdta.

This is where I get the most enjoyment besides vaping itself. Being able to build a complicated deck and system and then get an enjoyable vape from the device go hand in hand for me. If you just set yourself up with those easy build systems what fun is there in the building process?? I have had a few decks that were just a complete nightmare it just took a little longer to work out the build. I remember when res./non res./res. Wire tanks hit the market I loved building these devices and remember reading how the rest of the vape world hated them.

Reactions: centauri272

gadgetkeith

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2015
Heber Srings Arkansas
velocity decks are easy to build on and can be fun modded also
here is a Aromamizer supreme deck i modded loads of flavor and plenty of vapor
supreme modded deck.jpg
supreme deck & shim.jpg
Wicked & juiced 2.jpg
Loads of vapor.jpg
half the fun of building is modding and experimenting to get what you want out it .
just threw this in for some extra fun with velocity style decks have fun and enjoy

Petabread

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2014
Miami, FL
There are good Velocity style decks, and there are Velocity decks that have tge Posts too far apart.

I liked tge Ohmega nano RTA but you had to have 12-15 wraps to reach from Post to Post.

I like a .8-1 ohm coils so 6 wraps on a 2 mm coil with 28 gauge wire or 8 wraps with 26 gauge (i'm talking Kanthal. I don't do TC).

I know Someone will say put two bends in tge wire to reach the posts then you run into tge problem of a hot leg.

I say dont put tge Posts so freaking far apart!
I agree with you about the post decks being too far apart, but then people will complain that they can't shove their massive alien coils in there (which is the rage these days, unfortunately - tho I am using some fused claptons right now that came with my Combo RDTA...and WOW lol).

What I do to combat that issue is space my coils now, like WAY spaced. I like it MUCH better that way, and I never thought I would. Better flavor, vapor seems to escapes easier, and it wicks better (IMO.) And of course, they actually fit better now. But that's just me!

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
My favorite are postless then followed by Velocity and after that Goon style.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
I have yet to find a good postless system.

I realize that postless has tge possibility of larger coils in an RTA.

Every postless deck i have tried has been fiddly to the Max.

Get the wick perfect it Vapes like a dream. Not perfect it floods and flavor and vapor suffers.

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
I have yet to find a good postless system.

I realize that postless has tge possibility of larger coils in an RTA.

Every postless deck i have tried has been fiddly to the Max.

Get the wick perfect it Vapes like a dream. Not perfect it floods and flavor and vapor suffers.
Ones I have are great

Tanks - Modfather and Conqueror
RDA'S - Prophet (24mm & 30mm), Hannya, Symbiote and Glasses

No posts to get in the way makes for easy build, wicking and great air flow.

jersey_emt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2009
New Jersey, USA
www.whichgun.com
Goon deck, followed by a (good) postless deck, then a tie between a Velocity style deck and the Twisted Messes Squared deck. The Twisted Messes Squared looks like a standard 4-post deck at first glance, but the two left holes are positive and the two right holes are negative. It's sort of like a horizontal Velocity deck. This deck is great for simple coils with a single strand of wire -- when you use the two innermost post holes (one is positive and one is negative), builds like a simple 8-wrap 24 gauge contact coil fits perfectly without having to bend either lead. It's a straight shot into the post holes.

I have my eye on the Vapeston Cloudnus RTA which has a Goon style deck, and also the Dotmod RTA, which looks like it is a postless RTA done right. I just started getting into RTA's after having vaped exclusively on RDA's for a few years. I only have the 24 mm Moonshot RTA, but it has been working great. It has awesome flavor, on par with most of my RDA's, and great vapor production -- not quite as good as my cloud-chasing RDA's, but definitely no slouch. And it is not nearly as difficult to build on like many people have complained. But the 24 mm version has the post holes sitting higher than on the original 22 mm version, and most of the complaints about difficulties building on the Moonshot were from those using the 22 mm version. I'm currently writing up a fairly extensive review on my 24 mm Moonshot, and once that is done and posted, I will most likely pick up another RTA.

Adam harris

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2015
North Carolina
Ones I have are great

Tanks - Modfather and Conqueror
RDA'S - Prophet (24mm & 30mm), Hannya, Symbiote and Glasses

No posts to get in the way makes for easy build, wicking and great air flow.

I agree with the postless being the easiest but for the guy/gal who just wants to throw some coils in and call it done I'm gonna say velocity only because on postless there are clearance issues that the velocity style doesn't have.

Btw how bout that conquerer!!! Man I love that tank and it flew right under the radar. It doesn't leak...wicking is super simple..can handle moderate size builds..juice control..great flavor..great clouds..can be turned all the way down to MTL or all the way up to direct lung hits..ok I'm done lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread