Velvet Cloud Vapor

Status
Not open for further replies.

johndoe1027

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2014
NC, USA
I'm planning on picking up 120 ML of 6 MG unflavored - this is the first mention I have seen of "harshness" -
I see quite a few of you do buy unflavored - how would you describe the "taste"? Is harshness a problem? I have not ordered from VCV in quite a long time - do they still do samples and if so can you request a particular flavor? Any flavor suggestions?
THANKS!

I have the unflavored in 0mg and 6mg. Both are very harsh to me. I drip sub-ohm and initially got them to dilute the flavor and/or nic of other strong juices. It works for that but they are way too harsh on their own. I would chalk it up to throat hit on the 6mg but the 0mg should just be VG and distilled water. It's harsh though. Going to try using them as a DIY base but I'm worried. I have some straight VG that I think I'll mix 50/50 with the 6mg VCV unflavored in hopes the harshness is bearable.

I have some White beard and Granberries on the way.

I hated Sour Skittles and Catherine. Literally couldn't vape them. Both flowery and perfumey and the Catherine had a little soap flavor on top. Strawb Gwab was good, Vanilla Custard was good, Night Shift was good, Harvest Berries was good enough for me to order a 30ml but after that I may never vape it again as I started tasting the perfume from SS and Catherine. The sample of Thorangine was awesome, the first 30ml was awesome, got a 120 and hated it. Probably just got burnt out on it, but it's now got the same harshness I get from the unflavored. I've given away more than half of it and probably won't be able to finish it. Sucks because even on sale that was one expensive bottle of juice. Mt Shasta is a good menthol but it's strong (to me but remember I routinely dilute juice). I'm vaping that with about 15% straight VG added and it's still pretty strong.

I started typing all of this to say that yes, to me, the VCV unflavored is harsh. Hits like 18mg even at 0mg. I've read that less than favorable reviews magically don't make it to the VC website and I'll test that theory after I try their unflavored as a DIY base this weekend if the DIY mixes are also harsh. Got a decent RTS order coming in with a dozen or so flavorings. :)

Caprilli

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Their Caramel Swirl got me off the stinky analogues! I am still very new to vaping and bought their unflavored nic and nic free base to have a go at my own creations today. Right now I am researching organic flavors to match. If anybody could put me in the right direction of recipes containing VCV unflavored and organic flavors, I would be more than grateful as it is difficult to re-calculate recipes with less concentrated flavors.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2014
Arizona, Ecuador
My first order arrived last night. Night Shift is awesome right out of the mailbox! If you don't know, it is a glazed chocolate donut coffee vape. When I opened the bottle I could smell mostly sweet coffee. The glazed donut is what comes through mostly for me when I vape this with lighter coffee and chocolate notes. This stuff is absolutely delicious! Next in line are Vanilla Custard and Candybar.

When I ordered from them they were in the middle of a move so the order took awhile to arrive. I knew it would and didn't mind. When it did, they had included 25ml of samples. Now that is good customer service! The sent a 10ml bottle of Strawb-Guab which smells wonderful and a 15ml bottle of Burley Beard which is a tobacco vape. I will probably PIF that one because I don't really don't like tobacco vapes.

Their juice is 100% vg so I wondered if the flavors were going to not come through but they really do. The throat hit is way stronger than I expected. In fact, the harsh TH is actually going to take some getting used to. It's not bad, just different. Since it isn't the PG it must be the nicotine which I know they make themselves. Anyone have thoughts on that?

Anyway....Very Happy Customer!

Thanks for the information...I'm ordering some.

johndoe1027

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2014
NC, USA
Got vape mail today!

Ordered a 12mg bottle of VC for my brother, a 30ml bottle of White Beard and 15ml of Granberrie for myself. The Granberrie may not be my favorite but it's vapeable. Jury is still out on that one. The White Beard is great (first tobacco I've ever liked). I hope to try it after some steeping but we'll see if it lasts that long. I asked for a sample of Peach Tea and it came in a full size bottle!!! That's a first for me. I win. Especially since I really like it! Tastes like real tea with just the slightest hint of Peach. They also drew me a Mewlew on blue construction paper (my favorite color, how did they know?) and wrote a note on the back. I smiled. Big time. They might have looked up my account. ;-) Approaching 500ml of VCV purchased!

In other news I got some confirmation that the 120ml bottle of Thorangine I bought a couple months ago was wrong somehow. I gave away half of it because I couldn't vape it. Saw one of the vapers I gave some to today and asked about it. She agreed, there was something wrong with it and she couldn't vape it either. She would know, she works at a store that carries VCV (only because I told them they should carry it BTW). I just wish I had emailed VCV about it earlier. I don't even feel like mentioning it at this point as I'm sure whatever was wrong that day has been resolved. I'll pour the remaining 30ml or so out and reuse the bottle I guess. Even if it was good out the box it would be going bad at this point. FWIW I gave away a few bottles when it was about a month old. Oh well. My first and last 120ml bottle purchase as I'm starting to DIY. Every time I look at that big ol bottle of crappy juice and start to get depressed I'll just vape some Peach Tea and White Beard and be happy again. :)

If you like tea, give Peach Tea a try. It was obviously not high on my list to try but is in my top 3 VCV juices atm.

MattyTny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
New York
I vaped the unflavored at 6mg by itself in a few different RDAs and an Erlkonigin nano. It used to feel very harsh, after a while I may have gotten used to it and it's pretty smooth now. I emailed VCV asking if they used any alcohol in their liquids a while back because a flavor I ordered from them had a similar harsh feel to it. They said certain liquids use alcohol, I wonder if they put it in the unflavored. Maybe I got used to it, or maybe the bottle had time to "settle", I wouldn't say steep since there is no flavor. I am able to lung hit the unflavored at 6mg without the harsh feeling now.

Maybe let it sit for a while, shake it up, take the cape off for a few hours. They do come in huge bottles. I have the 500ml at the moment (Black Friday sale couldn't pass it up).

Last edited:

johndoe1027

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2014
NC, USA
I vaped the unflavored at 6mg by itself in a few different RDAs and an Erlkonigin nano. It used to feel very harsh, after a while I may have gotten used to it and it's pretty smooth now. I emailed VCV asking if they used any alcohol in their liquids a while back because a flavor I ordered from them had a similar harsh feel to it. They said certain liquids use alcohol, I wonder if they put it in the unflavored. Maybe I got used to it, or maybe the bottle had time to "settle", I wouldn't say steep since there is no flavor. I am able to lung hit the unflavored at 6mg without the harsh feeling now.

Maybe let it sit for a while, shake it up, take the cape off for a few hours. They do come in huge bottles. I have the 500ml at the moment (Black Friday sale couldn't pass it up).

I'll try uncapping both bottles (I have 0 nic and 6 mg/ml) and see if they mellow out. My bottles are a couple months old but I haven't let them breathe since I got them. Thanks for the tip! I made some 0 nic unflavored base with 80VG/20PG out of RTS vapes this eve and it's definitely smoother than the 0 nic VCV unflavored. Hopefully some breathing will make the VCV useable in the lab. :)

johndoe1027

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2014
NC, USA
White Beard... I figured it out.

There's crack in it.

It's not my favorite flavor necessarily but I CANNOT stop vaping it. I was really wanting to try it after a 1-2 week steep but this 30ml bottle may not make it much more than a week. I have several other juices I'm working on and I keep going back to the WB like an addict.

Damn you Velvet Cloud!!!

White Beard + Vanilla Custard...yum!!
I bet that is a real treat. I regretfully didn't get any VC on my last order because a local B+M has a great VC (and I'm working on my own) but I can imagine that being vape heaven.

johndoe1027

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2014
NC, USA
Holy crap. I've been digging the White Beard for a week and a half. I don't normally like tobacco juices either.

Tonight I decided to close off some holes in my MutationXv2 and turn down the wattage on my IPV3. Have been running it wide open at 70-80 watts until now. Closed off 3 holes (6 per side open) and turned the IPV3 down to 64W. The hay flavor went away and the smooth custard, butterscotch and vanilla came out. Turned it down to 55W and it just became this smooth... I don't know... awesomeness. I wanna rub this stuff on my nipples whilst writhing on the floor and grinning from ear to ear right now. :giggle:

This was on a 24ga 10 wrap 1/8" I.D. dual coil setup at 0.45 ohm wicked with Shiseido cotton <- for the record books since ECF's bots will one day close this thread if no one posts within X days. :grrr: :mad:

Just thought I'd share. If you vape with a VV or VW device I definitely recommend you play with the power level on this juice. It has a lot of facets.

Cheers VCV. You've done it again.

Enoch777

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
Midwest, USA
Just got in my first order with the new glass bottles. Pretty stoked! I've got to say, each time I get an order in I'm just blown away by the quality. It's superb! Not to mention they upgraded me a free 15mL and that's NOT the first time that has happened.

Seriously just... THANK YOU!! You guys are the freakin' best.

j2R9yJS.jpg

Pretty curious how the Burley and White Beard will steep now. I normally vape em up within a few weeks, to me their flavors have always been best enjoyed with minimal steeping. But I may let the White Beard go a month or two and see if any changes occur. And I definitely agree with Johndoe, this stuff is so damn rich in profile you can get a ton of different notes at various wattages and airflow.

Much love to the creators!!!

xCJack

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2013
United States
Bumping the best juice company on the market (taste wise :p prices are eh)

30 ml of Catherine The Grape on the way (most delicious vape ever) with a sample of nutty cookies requested. I should have requested a sample of monkey leisure because that is what I want to try next. Also, glass bottles for the win.

Has anyone tried monkey leisure? Is it good? I'm looking for a good banana cream pie vape.

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
How long are most of you folks steeping these juices (if at all)? I just got an order in - Mewlew's Magic, Harvest Berry and Thorangine (with a sample of Granberrie thrown in). I just dripped some of the Mewlew's Magic FOOB and while it has a nice chocolate flavor it also has a rather strong perfume-y flavor as well. Plan on trying the other three later tonight but I was curious if maybe steeping will get rid of that perfume note.

Enoch777

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
Midwest, USA
Has anyone tried monkey leisure? Is it good? I'm looking for a good banana cream pie vape.

I've tried it, it's very good. Have you ever tried Night Shift? It's a bit like that with banana! You don't get a ton of "cream pie" (although you might if you test it on different coil builds and wattages, I didn't get a chance), but the banana is very genuine and the creamy aspect is certainly noticeable. Not candy flavored in the slightest. Enjoyable vape through and through, I really liked it.

How long are most of you folks steeping these juices (if at all)?

I've always preferred Velvet Cloud fresh. The throat hit and deliciousness is always best when it's new. But I'm a bit of an odd one :p Most people describe the juices taking on new qualities after 1-2 weeks as per usual steeping practices. Surprised you get a perfumey note off it, they don't use any PGA in their liquid or extraction process, but tastebuds are an enigmatic thing!

Give it a good shake and take the cap off for 15 minutes, then replace the cap and let it steep for a day or two. See if it gets better after that. I've never gotten any strange flavors off Mewlew's but if you are then steeping should certainly improve it.

johndoe1027

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2014
NC, USA
How long are most of you folks steeping these juices (if at all)? I just got an order in - Mewlew's Magic, Harvest Berry and Thorangine (with a sample of Granberrie thrown in). I just dripped some of the Mewlew's Magic FOOB and while it has a nice chocolate flavor it also has a rather strong perfume-y flavor as well. Plan on trying the other three later tonight but I was curious if maybe steeping will get rid of that perfume note.

I steeped Catherine and Sour Skittles for over 2 months waiting on the perfume to go away. It never did. I've never tried Mewlew's Magic but if you taste the perfume, you may always taste it. Sorry. :-/ I have a DIY flavoring that has a similar quality and I can't touch it. Can't reuse a bottle that contained it, nothing. I has the PTSD from the perfume-y.

johndoe1027

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2014
NC, USA
Surprised you get a perfumey note off it, they don't use any PGA in their liquid or extraction process, but tastebuds are an enigmatic thing!

How do they extract without PGA? I'm not an expert BY ANY STRETCH but I thought that was the quickest (commercially best) way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread